The Perfect "WEED" Oil for cooking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdster

Reaction score
I am new to this site but I fairly experienced when it comes to cooking with marijuana. I have always been intigued with trying to find new and creative ways to use my "leftover" plants. Female plants are OK but I would have to say through many past harvests and trials in the kitchen, my experience has always proven to be the most successful when using male plants.
I am by no means an expert on THC content in Marijuana but have been told through the years by many people that the male plants suprisingly have more THC content than the females.....figure that one out! But as we all know, male plants are worthless with the exception of pollinating a good mother plant, and who in the hell would want to smoke all those stems and leaves just to get high.....BLAHK! So in my pursuit to find SOMEthing to do with these wasted plants, I started to experiment with using males plants in the kitchen.

Start by picking out your strongest, most robust males in your group of plants. I typically like to make sure the plants have been flushed of all feritlizers before I cut them down.
Cut them down right at the base.....no roots! Take a pair of scissors or snips and chop the plant up into small pieces... leaves and all.
Do this until you have a nice sized pile of trimmings with enough weed to fill up a large cooking pot. Find the biggest cooking pot or Kettle you have with a lid and that will probably work just fine. Put your weed trimmings into the large Kettle and turn the heat on to a low to low/medium heat setting. Now get yourself some cooking oil, Canola, Corn, Vegetable, it doesn't really matter whichever you prefer and pour this over your weed until it is nicely coated. I usually use about 2-3 cups, more or less depending on how much weed is in your cooking pot. Place the lid on your pot and cook this slowly for approximately 50 minutes to an hour. I cook on a low to med/low heat setting stirring it up every few minutes to make sure the weed doesn't stick to the bottom and to assure even cooking throughout. You know you got the right right cooking temperature after about 10-15 minutes or so you will start to smell the aroma of cooking weed everywhere in your kitchen. I always notice a slight sizzling in the pot- that means you're cooking it right. You don't want a loud frying sound, that would mean you have your heat way too high. The heat will release the THC into the oil and this is best accomplished by cooking it slow and allowing the heat to release the THC out of your plant slowly, not too fast. The best results come from slow and even cooking.
After an hour or so, turn off the heat and let it rest for 10-15 minutes to cool down.

For this next part, it seems to works best if you place your cooking pot in the sink as this can get a little messy. With a large spoon or spatula, push all the weed to one side of your pot and tilt your cooking pot so all the "weed" oil flows to the other side. Now take out all your plant material that has been cooked thoroughly and discard it. After removing all your weed- what it left is the perfect cooking oil for all the great marijuana recipes.

Brownies are my favorite for using this oil in because the chocolate sort covers up the "weed" taste that is permiated throughout the oil.
I usually buy a box of Pillsbury or Duncan Hines brownie mix at the store making sure that the brownie recipe on the box calls for some type of cooking oil. Simply substitute your "weed" oil for the oil they call for in the recipe.
If done properly you will be rewarded with an awesome oil that will give you a nice buzz very comparable to smoking. Of course this all depends on the quality of your marijuana. The stronger your weed, the better oil you will have. Just be patient, remember, good things come to those who wait.

When you absorb THC through inhalation off say, a joint, it's absorbed via your lungs. That's fine an all, but after an hour or so, your "high" tends to where off and you need to puff again, right? Well, for most of us who smoke good chronic that's basically how it goes. But when you digest the "weed" oil infused with the THC....like a brownie that has the oil baked into it, that brownie takes a lonnnnggggg time to digest. When you smoke a joint you get "high" almost immediately, but when you digest THC it can take almost an hour for you to feel the same effects.
I know this may sound crazy, but most of the "highs" I have experienced from THC consumption have lasted anywhere from 2-5 hours!
So when people have said to me there is NO WAY you can get as "high" as if you were to smoke some serious "chronic". I must to say, I beg to differ!
I've got a quick story to tell you that disputes this claim entirely.
Some time ago a friend of mine grew out some Bubbleberry plants from seed. I think there were 12 plants in all...he was so excited when 2 or 3 of the plants he had turned out to be absolute monsters! I mean these things were so lush and vigorous, they looked very promising to yield some super stinky thick buds like nothing we had ever seen before.
Unfortunately they were not females -as it turns out they were male..........he was totally bummed out. He had no use for these "pests" as he called them so these monsters were passed on to me :hubba:to be chopped up into bite size pieces for the makings of what turned out to be the most intense "weed" oil I have ever made. I am not spankin your hinny when I say this oil was the stuff of "legends"....it was so incredibly intense, I thought I was tripping! After eating 2 or 3 brownies with the oil I had made, I felt as if I was on a rocket-ride to the moon! I was FLYING for what I recall to about 5 hours....... non-stop! Like no other ganja high I had ever experienced in my life!
So don't let the oil myth deceive you into thinking......Awww whatever, that's no big deal.....I can get higher than that by smoking my Super duper killer Bud.
If just had a few of those Bubbleberry Brownies left, I'd give you a couple for a ride you'd never forget!!!! TRUST ME!!!

Give it a try!

Marijuana consumption can really hit the spot for a relaxing day. I'll make marijuana crackers or something every now and then. Prolly at least once a week. I'll get some friends and i'll make some, make sure there's noting we gotta do cause they can have some intense high. we'll eat 'em and for 4 hours you just have this incredible high.

It hits you like a sack of potatoes out of no where. :D You'll be sitting there, and then you'll start to feel this little buzz type feeling, within the next 10 mins you're blazed. And it's a really intense but enjoyable blaze. It doesn't make me totally lazy, but it doesn't hype me up that's for sure.

I like a good marijuana treat everynow and then!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Definitely know what you're talking about man. I've eaten a couple brownies before- started talking with someone on the phone- the next thing I know, 40 minutes later I'm rambling along and out of no where feels like a freight train ran into me !!! Feels like I've been picked up like a puppet with strings attached to my back and I'm floating on air......Hilarious stuff ! I love that "high" you get from eating as opposed to smoking weed.
:hubba:

Yup, definately a great high. GOod for relaxing on a rainy day ;)

~Burn One~
Dewayne

How long after finding out the plants were male did you use them? Did you let them mature? Thanks

Holy Moley, bdster. THAT was some lovely literature. Thank You. My brother is coming into town on Halloween, three weeks after I harvest this REALLY dank plant I have flowering. I know you suggest males in your recipe, but this big lady will suffice just fine I imagine. I have been looking for a way to use my leftovers besides ISO oil.... THANK YOU......

I have been cooking with cannabis, using canola oil, for a while now, gotta tell ya, if you are tasting the "green" taste of cannabis in your medibles, then you are cooking at too high of a heat...you do not want your oil to sizzle, at all, never. I heat the oil up first, then when I see (with a candy thermometer) it hit 200 degrees f. then I put a bit of what I'm extracting from into the oil, if it sizzles, I turn it down a bit...any sizzleing indicates that the material is being fried, and you do not want that.
All of my friends remark on how there is no cannabis taste in my muffins, but it only takes one (sometimes two for the bigger folk) mini muffin to soar for hours...and my friends are all med/users hardcore...

Peace...j.b.

For some reason I end up growing more male then female, which pisses me off. But I find it useful at the end, because I cook with the male fan leafs. Your cooking instruction for MJ oil is very similar to mine except that I prefer not to cook the steams. I’ve always been told that there is no THC inside seeds and steams; therefore I discard them before cooking. But either way is fine and perhaps better. It’s always better to use fresh fan leafs rather than dried up ones because some of THC will evaporate from the leaf and into the air after a day or so. I then grind my leafs up inside a blender/coffee grinder before cooking it so that the THC is richer. Then I trow it all into a slow cooker. I rather use a slow cooker then an ordinary stove because it makes better and richer results. Then a strainer is used after the oil is cooled off. A strainer will save the messy frustration. Afterwards, while preparing the brownies I thow in some dried up- leafs powder into the mixture to give it that extra punch.

Latest posts

Back