PDA

View Full Version : Iso Hash Oil

Pages : 1 [2]

antipeterleague
12-10-2008, 11:32 PM
can you put this in food?

this might be a dumb question haha, don't make fun of me!

metproductions
01-13-2009, 11:22 PM
question should i grind up my bid and leaf trimmings before hitting it with the iso?

The Effen Gee
01-13-2009, 11:27 PM
sure, you can get better results that way usually.

massproducer
01-13-2009, 11:54 PM
It's not a dumb question at all, but no, if you plan on using this for food, use everclear or the strongest proof vodka that you can find, but do not eat/drink ISO

can you put this in food?

this might be a dumb question haha, don't make fun of me!

metproductions
01-14-2009, 01:58 AM
!!! ...i grinded my bud and leafs ( mid-grade) in my coffee grinder for about
10-15 seconds..followed all of the steps...then dried the hash with my extra computer fan...heated and drizzled the hash over a blunt....the high is re-diculous!!!

greenthumberish
01-16-2009, 04:25 PM
do the leaves/timmings have to be dried out before doing this? or could i take a leaves from living plants and try this?

From what I always understood, the potency of yer goodies comes through time, curing and such...however it's still 'there' when it's wet. I always dry my material out (also depends on your method of hash extraction) from bone bone dry, to almost entirely dry. Generally when it's bone dry, I'm using water method and when almost dry, its for just moving it back and forth across silk screen to remove the tichromes...(spelling) ISO extraction, also bone dry....anyway, not an expert by far, but thats what I was always lead to believe

---------------- Take it easy, and if it's easy, TAKE ALOT!
Greenthumberish... mmkay

Triggga
01-26-2009, 10:43 PM
any idea how much hash i would get out of a quarter of bud using this method?

Hick
01-26-2009, 10:56 PM
any idea how much hash i would get out of a quarter of bud using this method?
yup.. "0".. you aren't making hash, your extracting oil.. :p
but regardless, it is going to be in direct relation to the potency/quality of the beginning material..;)

czz
04-03-2009, 04:38 PM
this guy knows nothing im reading and it seems they are wetting the green trim draining it and then trying to smoke it... lol it u crush the DRY bud/leaves u will have resin left over on the plate and the alchol will evap fast.....

leafminer
04-04-2009, 11:08 PM
It is essential to get the bud as dry as possible. Water dissolves in isopropyl alcohol so if there is any moisture in the bud, you get a mix of hash oil and water, then it takes quite a while to evaporate the water off. I had this problem with acetone - probably petroleum ether would work best but obviously is nowhere near as easy to obtain as ISO.

HippyInEngland
04-05-2009, 09:58 AM
This method of extraction is 1 of my favourites, quick and easy and just leave it alone to do its thing in a dark warm place.

99.9% pure ISO from ebay.

If you use bone dry material it comes out a lot thicker and can be rolled into a ball if left a long time to fully evap the ISO out.

If you use medium dry material the ISO also strips oils from the material and makes a more liquid end product, I prefer this method because I only smoke joints and I find it easier to 'paint' onto the joint paper.

12gms.

:peace:

WeedHopper
04-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Man,,I just did the 2 min ISO wash,,,,FREAKEN kick ***. Me and the Wife got toasted. Cant wait to try thr Bubble Hash method.:hubba:

zipflip
04-06-2009, 12:59 AM
the first time i tried making iso oil.... man o man was i obliterated lol. firts toke an my eyebrows an upper lip started to sweat like when ya bite into a hot arse pepper or somethin lol. and one toke and i was done lol. i love this stuff. almost every 1/4oz i get i make a small batch in baby food jar out of bout an 1/8 of it cuz i almost gotta with the stuff round here. it only way it'll do any justice for me. IMO

crozar
04-07-2009, 08:27 PM
i need a TIME MACHINE!!!!

Head_Down_Under
06-04-2009, 11:01 AM
I love this idea thanks heaps for it. As I've built and run a reflux still for ages (hope I can say that here), I'll use some on the next batch of grow I get - should make a good potion :)

Caretaker
06-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Anytime I did this I shooky heavy for 5 minutes then let sit and repeated for about a half hour. The first post says do it for 3 minutes straight and thats all you need. I red that some people leave it over nite or even for a few days. Can anyone chime in on the best amount of time to shake this stuff and let soak. I must say it worked fine for me when I did it so I know I did it for a decent amount of time. Also to add the drier the trim the less water thats left behind after the ISO evaporates.

Littlelevy
06-17-2009, 05:22 PM
I used acetone a few times to extract it! but someone told me that its not good.... smoked fine to me. any thoughts?

blowslow23
06-22-2009, 05:55 AM
my first batch is dryin up right now cant wait to see how it turns out

HippyInEngland
06-22-2009, 10:08 AM
I just made another batch of this, it will be my last batch untill this growing season is over because I have no more trim to work with.

Picture 1,2 and 3 is the residue after the ISO has been evaporated, its a tar like consistancy.

I wanted something a bit thicker so I could use it like Hash so I mixed half a gram of fine powdered bud into it and gave it a good mix then scraped it out.

It was still sticky as tar so I dusted it with keif and fine ground dry sugarleaf.

So I now have something that isnt solid like hash and isnt liquid like oil its in between :p

:peace:

blowslow23
06-22-2009, 04:08 PM
i think my first batch is finished, i let it sit out overnight and it looks dry and u cant see any liquid rolling around on top. i started to scraped some off the plate and rolled it into a little ball and my fingers got a little wet, it doesnt smell like alcohol but idk? the trimmings and buds i used were dry so idk where this came from. please help!

blowslow23
06-25-2009, 07:31 AM
nevermind it turned out perfect!

NoOneInParticular
07-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Okay, so I'm a little confused since people keep contradicting each other; I've read about half the thread and I'm tired of getting "Sorry, the server is too busy, try again later" when I try to read the next page so I decided just to ask instead of keep trying to read through.

Yes or no on wet material using the ISO method? I'm planning to use trimmings only, I cut the plant down 2 days ago so what I have is really nowhere near dry and I think it will mold if I attempt to dry it because I don't have a good place to spread it all out. I will attempt if necessary, just wondering.

Should I soak it in water first to clear out some of the chlorophyll (I read this in someone else's post that said they were using wet material), or is it okay if I just go for it?

What if I can't find 99% Isopropyl alcohol? What's the minimum concentration I should use if I can't find such?

I plan to only soak it for 1-2 minutes because that seems to be a general consensus of what others have said; good idea/bad idea?

How many days should I expect to wait before it's done? I know, this depends on many variables, here's what's going on at the moment here: we're currently at about 70ish degrees F and it's looking like humidity will be anywhere between 50 and 80% over the next couple days. I plan to use a fan or something to help speed the process, but I was just wondering if anyone would have any clue as to a time frame of how long it may take.

Help, please! :ciao: Thanks beforehand!

EDIT: Why on earth is the server always so dang busy? It's not like there are hundreds of people on here right now...

degenerative_disc
07-13-2009, 03:40 PM
I have the same question as Spook313. Dry or Living does it matter?

Cheers!

degenerative_disc
07-13-2009, 03:44 PM
same question as spook? Living or dried out does it matter?

Cheers!

Hick
07-13-2009, 07:42 PM
IMO.. green/wet will probably yeild a cleaner, more pure product.
green/wet that has been water washed...even better :)

GMT
07-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Try'd with freshly chopped popcorn buds and dried cured buds.

Didnt care much for the fresh stuff, the iso stripped a lot of chlorophyll from the buds and that was after a 30 40 second wash.

Hash from the dryed cured buds i found to be equally as potent but tasted nicer if that makes any sense.

But i wouldnt turn my nose up at either if the truth was to be known.

DonJones
08-03-2009, 01:09 AM
I saw a mention of using a reflux still to remove the alcohol some where but now I can't find it. I think it was in thiss thread but I can't figure out a way to search the enirte 14 pages.

Can anyone please help me with find that post?

Or does anyone know anything about using grain alcohol to make the solvent solution and then using a still to remvoe the alcohol without loosing the alcohol?

Hick
08-03-2009, 11:03 AM
DJ.. I used a coffee carafe, a coffee "warmer"/hot plate, a rubber cork that fit the caraffe, about 6' of rubber/plastic tubing, a bucket of ice, and a catch bottle.
Tubing goes in the top of the rubber cork, down to where the tubing is buried in the bucket of ice, back out over the side to the catch bottle.
I found the coffee warmer to hold an nearlly ideal temerature. Just hot enough to barely boil the iso. Vapor is transported through the tubing to the ice, where it cools and returns to liquid sate.
CAREFULL!! do not boil it dry. Remove it from the heat while there is still 1/4 to 1/2 inch of liquid in the caraffe, and allow it to evaporate at room temps...;)

Motor City Madman
08-13-2009, 01:44 AM
Well I tried this ISO method to see how well it would work for me. I had a 1/2 ounce of bubble dust popcorn buds dried for a week also about a 1/2 ounce of dried for a week trimmings. It filled a spaghetti sauce jar half full broke up. I filled the jar 2 inches above the material. I shook for 5 minutes. I got a round Pyrex plate from the dollar store. I got a small metal mesh strainer and put 2 coffee filters in it. It took 5 days for it to dry, I only put it on the warmer when I could watch it. WOW, when I scape it out of the bowl it turned into a black tar like consistency. I haven't had black tar hash it awhile. I rolled in into a ball and it hit my tray with a clank. I cut off a chunk and stuffed it in the bong and it is now a new favorite. I don't know how it could get better but if Hick says green and washed will do it I think I will try it. Thanks for the great info, sorry no pics I couldn't keep it out of my bong long enough to take a pic. Can wait for next harvest.

MCM

hiddencreekboy
08-15-2009, 02:21 AM
I have an In Isomeriser 2 (old school)
i take any quality hash put it in an Iso 2 maker---add grain alchol----process---makes high quality oil

1) clean jar with lid
2) isopropyl rubbing alcohol
3) coffee filters
4) plate or glass pan
5) bud or leaf trimmings
6) razor blade

First you want to take your bud & leaf trimmings crush them up and place in bottom of jar. Then take your iso and fill the jar up 1 to 2 inches over your bud & leaf trimmings. Put the lid on the jar and shake well for 2 minutes. Get your plate or glass pan and coffee filters. Take 3 or 4 filters put them together and dump your mixture into the filters. Be sure to try and fold the top of the filters together after adding the mixture this will prevent your filters from letting your liquid drip out the top. Let all the liquid drain through the filters onto the plate or glass pan. once this is done let the iso evaporate in the plate or pan and there you have it. Take your razor blade and scrape the hash from the plate or pan and its time to smoke. REMEMBER the better the bud and trimmings the better your hash will be. any questions please email me. ENJOY:p[/quote]

hiddencreekboy
08-15-2009, 02:35 AM
have an In Isomeriser 2 (old school)
i take any quality hash put it in an Iso 2 maker---add grain alocohol----process---makes high quality oil
the Iso is a still--try e bay for a real one---
good for oils such as rose ,or any other blossems you may gather---you can capture many sents (add to candles etc.)

rbrassard04910
08-27-2009, 12:57 AM
:cool:hello all. i see there are not to many threads on making hash so i thought i would start another. you will need the following items:

1) clean jar with lid
3) coffee filters
4) plate or glass pan
5) bud or leaf trimmings
6) razor blade

First you want to take your bud & leaf trimmings crush them up and place in bottom of jar. Then take your iso and fill the jar up 1 to 2 inches over your bud & leaf trimmings. Put the lid on the jar and shake well for 2 minutes. Get your plate or glass pan and coffee filters. Take 3 or 4 filters put them together and dump your mixture into the filters. Be sure to try and fold the top of the filters together after adding the mixture this will prevent your filters from letting your liquid drip out the top. Let all the liquid drain through the filters onto the plate or glass pan. once this is done let the iso evaporate in the plate or pan and there you have it. Take your razor blade and scrape the hash from the plate or pan and its time to smoke. REMEMBER the better the bud and trimmings the better your hash will be. any questions please email me. ENJOY:p

what is i wanted to make this with just budd and no trimmings?? does is matter how much budd i use??

OGKushman
08-27-2009, 01:14 AM
what is i wanted to make this with just budd and no trimmings?? does is matter how much budd i use??YOU can use anything from a budded female plant with this process.

jungle
08-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Hello I am doing this also....one problem...I bought hydrogen peroxide..and rubbing ach...accidently poored hydrogen peroxide instead of alch...but then strained and r3edid it with alch....wonder if I ruined it...i'm strining it now and will soon puit it on a glass plate to evaporate and dry...i'm using leaves from my automatic harvest....one thought on the bright side my hash will be clean :0

OGKushman
08-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Hello I am doing this also....one problem...I bought hydrogen peroxide..and rubbing ach...accidently poored hydrogen peroxide instead of alch...but then strained and r3edid it with alch....wonder if I ruined it...i'm strining it now and will soon puit it on a glass plate to evaporate and dry...i'm using leaves from my automatic harvest....one thought on the bright side my hash will be clean :0If you let everything evaporate, you should be ok, h2o2 is peroxide, h2o i water... its not gonna add much that wont just evaporate anyways. Peroxide is natural. Its a product of using oxygen in a living orgainism. Everything takes in peroxide and turns it into water and and a extra oxygen.

RottenTreat
09-18-2009, 07:40 PM
I made som Iso oil last night

It was very potent to me

and no residual taste either

I was surprised!

hiddencreekboy
09-21-2009, 09:38 PM
What you are telling folks to do is A POISION long term--- I you are putting something into your body(even inhaling) you want it to be CLEAN.---------If you use this method at least use pure grain alcohol(Golden Grain in the south) peace out

sdog
09-27-2009, 11:18 PM
whats up Hick. this doesn't turn to oil though. i think you have to cook it to get the oil don't ya? depending on the quality of bud and leaf trimmings i have made it a few times with differnt results each time.
(1) when i used nothing but bud it came out like a long stick of candy very sticky and black with a slight tint of green. looked and tasted just like hash. very good.
(2) when i used nothing but leaf trimmings it came out like powder and i put it in a cig wrapper wrapped it up tight and put a piece of tape around it and stuck it in the heel of my shoe. 1 hour later a piece of solid hash. not as good as the bud though.
What I've found through my alchemy is that 1 the longer you leave the alchohol in the vegetive matter the more of the "plant" you get. so the purest rinse being just enough to wash the trichromes off the plant the closer you get to a hashlike substance " light brown and cakey, a little longer and you get a black tarry substance, and finally ( in my estimation) too long and you get a greenish powdery substance, although I have seen a sparkle in it which I assume to be the trichromes or thc.

eastla_kushsmoka
10-02-2009, 10:19 PM
just made a quik batch of iso oil man i learned the 91%iso takes hours longer than the 70% to evaperate

Hick
10-03-2009, 11:15 AM
just made a quik batch of iso oil man i learned the 91%iso takes hours longer than the 70% to evaperate
hmmmmmmmmm.. the exact opposite "should" be true, in my thinking.
70% is 30% water, and should require more/longer exposure to evaporate than 91% and 9% water...???

eastla_kushsmoka
10-03-2009, 11:18 AM
hmmmmmmmmm.. the exact opposite "should" be true, in my thinking.
70% is 30% water, and should require more/longer exposure to evaporate than 91% and 9% water...???

thats what i thought untill i did a run with it it man this is the best oil i ever made tatse so "medicinal" got me feeling good and it was a part of the plant that was cloudy well cops are on there way gotta make some emergency oil before lol

NewCastle
10-03-2009, 07:01 PM
So i just made some yesterday with the 70% and it worked out great but im alittle worried about how it turned out. The water was green when i first poured it, then it went to a darker color as it was drying and once it was about 80% dry it turned to a really dark red, and the water itself was like bloody water. Iv seen in some pictures there finished product turned more of a dark brown/black color, so it this red normal or should i be worried?

eastla_kushsmoka
10-03-2009, 07:48 PM
So i just made some yesterday with the 70% and it worked out great but im alittle worried about how it turned out. The water was green when i first poured it, then it went to a darker color as it was drying and once it was about 80% dry it turned to a really dark red, and the water itself was like bloody water. Iv seen in some pictures there finished product turned more of a dark brown/black color, so it this red normal or should i be worried?

lol man hash oil never been so good tell me how that taste the quik undried batch i made turned red it was my first red hash oil also hmm...
did you also use undried freshly cut buds?

NewCastle
10-06-2009, 05:12 AM
Nope, it was all dry. 70% iso
It turned out alright, not to stoney but everyone else liked it.

eastla_kushsmoka
10-13-2009, 04:11 AM
my stuff puts me to sleep ive been resting alot after work lately i dont need to buy weed anymore its great

toker62
10-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Iso & acetone,butane ect . any solvent can be used but this is a DANGEROUS--HIGHLY--FLAMMABLE --not to be done indoors type of process I will use a solvent...as mentioned iso, in a rice cooker--OUTSIDE !!! cook it down when it starts to thicken up add a few drops of water now it wont hurt remember what your dealing with is boiling temps till you get a very thick but slightly runny material on the bottom pour off into a small metal cup add a few drops of water again then place on a electric warmer such as an coffee pot[cheap & safe] allow to evaporate on there till no bubbling is there be patient !!! OUTSIDE!!! always. this is a good smoke but I prefer to use "grain alcohol or the highest proof white rum" I can find.this solvent takes longer and will carmalize abit when smoked but I feel better about what I'm smoking oh people do this straight 3rd degree burns are not fun!! if you can't do this safe-use cold water extraction methods. ALL the best !!

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
10-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Whats up everyone. Just made a batch of ISO and thought we would share. This batch we used about 2 or 3 oz. of nice frosty trim from a friends outdoor grow and 1/2 gallon 91% ISO. :eek: This is the biggest batch we ever made at one time and lets just say. :hubba: This stuff would drop anyone to their knee's. ;) Always remember the better the trim the better the final product will be.

Tater
10-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Iso & acetone,butane ect . any solvent can be used but this is a DANGEROUS--HIGHLY--FLAMMABLE --not to be done indoors type of process I will use a solvent...as mentioned iso, in a rice cooker--OUTSIDE !!! cook it down when it starts to thicken up add a few drops of water now it wont hurt remember what your dealing with is boiling temps till you get a very thick but slightly runny material on the bottom pour off into a small metal cup add a few drops of water again then place on a electric warmer such as an coffee pot[cheap & safe] allow to evaporate on there till no bubbling is there be patient !!! OUTSIDE!!! always. this is a good smoke but I prefer to use "grain alcohol or the highest proof white rum" I can find.this solvent takes longer and will carmalize abit when smoked but I feel better about what I'm smoking oh people do this straight 3rd degree burns are not fun!! if you can't do this safe-use cold water extraction methods. ALL the best !!

You feel better about smoking sugar than using a solvent that evaporates 100% away? That, for lack of a better word, is stupid.

leafminer
10-26-2009, 11:50 PM
You can use any solvent within reason provided that the solvent is pure. I used acetone and it worked just fine. Much more inflammable than iso-propyl alcohol though. Ethyl alcohol is not as good because it is too dilute and also is a polar solvent thus extracts water from the plant tissues and takes too long to remove the excess water.

OldSkool
11-13-2009, 11:17 AM
How about Everclear? That's 190 proof. 95% alcohol. Good as Iso?

zipflip
11-13-2009, 03:43 PM
i believe taht all consumable alcohol is derived from or has butt loads sugar in it. only taht it doesnt taste sweet. sugar is a main ingredient in the fermentations of alcohol if im not mistaken. and granted ya dont taste the sweetness of sugars in a beer etc , its still tehre .
hence im assuming the caralization in the bowl when burned taht toker 62 spoke of prior post. :confused2:
but i'll stand corrected if im wrong on the whole sugar bit wit booze tho.

i know that major alcoholics can basically put there bodies into a diabetic state if after like many many years of alcoholism stopping. i mean after a case of beer a day for some people. tahts like a load an a half of sugar really and after 20 years of givin body taht much sugar and stopping puts some, alot into being diabetic after quitting alcohol.
this happened to my grandfather.

OldSkool
11-13-2009, 09:48 PM
I think everyone is under a misapprehension about the booze.
Granted, loads of sugar are used to make alcohol.
BUT, why? So that the yeast can have something to eat.
No sugar, no alcohol conversion. The sugar is eaten by the yeast and fermentation can then take place. The sugar is 'used up' in the process.
An alcohol with a proof level of 190 is 95% alcohol and 5% water. There is minimal carbohydrate sugar remaining. It was converted into alcohol by the
yeast during fermentation.

At any rate. I would rather smoke residual amounts of natural sugar than residual amounts of butane, hexane, white gasoline, ether, acetone, isopropyl, or whatever chemical does a 'better' job of stripping the THC from the plant material. And it should be dried first for better results.

mistisrising
11-23-2009, 04:07 AM
I just made my first batch of this last night. I let it soak for five minutes in Everclear (95% alcohol), and then strained it through a coffee filter. I came out with green liquid that is now evaporating. A day later and the level of moisture is high. Is there a chance of mold forming from being left to evap too long? Today I noticed cloudyness starting to creep in, I would figure that 95% alcohol would kill anything, is this clouding from the evap, and the condensing of the essential oils in there?

OldSkool
11-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Probably not. Put a heat source on it to kill the developing mold, a heat lamp, heating pad, hot plate, etc. NO flame. You want it to evap ASAP without destroying the thc levels. A fan across the top would be great too.
Was the weed dry? You could do a water soak next time to remove alot of the 'green' from the finished product. Make sure you dry it again first tho.

Has ANYBODY watched the Rick Simpson video on how to make hemp oil that is available on Phoenixtears.ca? It is an excellent resource and IMO the ONLY place to start if you are thinking about making hemp oil to cure your cancer as I am, or to make some oil/grease to smoke.
Check it out. That's an order! Homework due in tomorrow...hXXp://www.phoenixtears.ca/

OldSkool
11-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Ok. Here it is. You guys want to make 'hash oil'. Here is the secret from the man himself:

"For those of you who have watched the documentary "Run from the Cure", this should answer any questions about producing your own oil. I recommend that people grow their own hemp either in a small indoor grow system or outdoors. Growing it yourself will eliminate the high cost associated with buying hemp from drug dealers. The cost of hemp can vary greatly from dealer to dealer and so can the quality of the hemp. For anyone new to growing hemp a good book or video on the subject is a necessity. If you go to Cannabis Culture, the good people there should be able to point you in the right direction.

Caution:
Oils that drug dealers sell can have many contaminants and often little or no THC. From my experience, most hemp oil available on the street should be avoided for medicinal use. Make your own oil or have someone you trust produce the oil to assure a very pure, high quality oil is produced.

How much to make and take?
One pound (500g) of bone-dry hemp buds will usually produce about 2 ounces (55 - 60 mL) of high-grade oil. This amount of oil will cure most serious cancers; the average person can ingest this amount in about three months. This oil is very potent so one must begin treatment with small doses. A drop of oil about half the size of a grain of rice, two to four times a day is a good beginning. After four or five days, start increasing your daily dosage very gradually. As time goes on the body builds a tolerance to the oil and more and more can be taken. In cases where people are in a great deal of pain, I recommend that their dosage be quickly increased until it kills the pain. High quality hemp oil will stop pain even when morphine is not effective. The oil can be applied to external injuries for pain relief in minutes.

Will I get high?
Following the dosage previously described, many people can take the full treatment and never get high. In regards to hemp, getting "high" is a joke, even if a person does take too much oil the effect wears off quickly and no harm is done. No one has ever died from the use of hemp medicine.

Will I become addicted?
Hemp oil does not cause your body to crave more. It is non-addictive, harmless and effective for practically any medical condition.

Is this the same as hemp seed oil?
No! This is hemp oil, made from the bud and small leaves of the hemp plant. It is the essential oil of the hemp plant. Health food store sells oil made from hemp seed that is often mislabeled as hemp oil. Although seed oil is very beneficial, it does not contain enough THC to have any effect on cancer and other serious illnesses.

Are hemp and marijuana the same?
The word marijuana is one of over four hundred slang terms used worldwide to describe the cannabis and/or hemp plant.

Are all hemp plants the same?
When buying or growing hemp, procure a strain that has the highest possible THC content. To energize someone suffering from depression, I recommend a good Sativa strain. For most other medical conditions, I strongly suggest that Indica strains be used. Indicas relax a person and provide them with more rest and sleep.

How do I use it?
High quality hemp oil can be vapourized, ingested or used topically. Add the oil to creams and salves for external use.

Where can I get information about making the oil?
For someone new to making the oil I suggest that you go to "Run From The Cure". There you can watch our documentary in seven segments. Segment #4 shows how the oil can be produced at home or one can go to Phoenix Tears Movie and download the full documentary. You will need a high-speed internet connection and there is no charge. The process in the video could only be described as crude at best, but the oil that is produced will cure cancer. In reality, this medicine should be produced in a controlled environment, using distilling equipment, etc. to reclaim the solvent and to purify the oil. Most people do not understand distilling and do not have access to the required equipment. This is the reason such a simple method is descried in the documentary, so if need be just about anyone can produce the oil. As in the video, again we stress that this process, if not done properly can be dangerous and we bear no responsibility if this educational information is misused.

My process:

Starting material:
I generally work with a pound or more of good grade hemp starting material. You can use just one ounce. An ounce will usually produce 3 or 4 grams of oil. The amount of oil produced per ounce of hemp will vary from strain to strain, but it all has that wonderful healing power.

1 - Place the completely dry starting material in a plastic bucket.
2 - Dampen the material with the solvent you are using. Many solvents can be used. I like to use pure naphtha but it costs $500 for a 45-gallon drum. You can use 99% isopropyl alcohol, which you can find in your local drug stores. Alcohol absorbs more chlorophyll from the plant material than naphtha does. This gives oils made with alcohol a darker colour but does not diminish the potency of the oil to any noticeable degree. Ether, naphtha or butane and many other solvents can produce oils that are amber and transparent. Granted these clear oils do look better but dark oil can be just as potent. If the process is done properly, little or no solvent residue is left in the oil. I have been consuming oils produced using different solvents for eight years with no harmful effects. You will require about two gallons of solvent to strip the THC off one pound of dry starting material. 500 milliliters of solvent should be more than enough to strip the THC from one ounce of hemp starting material.
3 - Crush the plant material using a stick of clean untreated (chemical free) wood or some such device. Even though the starting material has been dampened with the solvent, you will find that the material can be readily crushed.
4 - Add solvent until the starting material is completely covered.
Use the stick to work the plant material. As you are doing this, the THC dissolves off the plant material into the solvent.
5 - Continue this process for about 3 minutes.
6 - Pour the solvent-oil mix off the plant material into another bucket. You have just stripped the plant material of about 80% of its THC.
7 - Second wash - again add solvent to the plant material and work it for another 3 minutes to get the other 20%.
8 - Pour this solvent-oil mix into the bucket containing the first mix that was poured off previously.
9 - Discard the twice-washed plant material.
10- Pour the solvent-oil mix through a coffee filter into a clean container.
11- Boil the solvent off. I have found that a rice cooker will do this boil off very nicely. The one I have has two heat settings - high and low - and will hold over a half gallon (2.5 liters) of solvent-oil mix.
12- Add solvent-oil mix to the rice cooker until it is about full.

Make sure you are in a very well ventilated area and set up a fan to carry the solvent fumes away. The fumes are very flammable. Be sure to stay away from red-hot elements, sparks, cigarettes etc. that could ignite the fumes.

13- Plug the rice cooker in and set it on high heat.
14- Continue adding solvent-oil mix as the level in the rice cooker decreases until it is all in the cooker.
15- Add a few drops of water to the solvent-oil mix as the level comes down for the last time. The amount of water added depends on how much starting material you had in the beginning. If I am producing oil from a pound of good bud, I usually add about ten drops of water.
16- When there is about one inch of solvent-oil-water mix left in the cooker, put on your oven mitts, pick the unit up and gently swirl the contents
17- Continue swirling until the solvent has been evaporated off. The few drops of water help release the solvent residue and protect the oil somewhat from too much heat. When the solvent has been boiled off, the cooker that I use automatically goes to low heat. This avoids any danger of overheating the oil. At no time should the temperature of the oil go over 290F degrees (140 C).
18- Put on your oven mitts and remove the pot containing the oil from the rice cooker.
19- Gently pour the oil into a small stainless steel container.
20- Place this container in a dehydrator or put in on a gentle heating device such as a coffee warmer. It may take a few hours but the water and volatile turpines will be evaporated from the oil. When there is no longer any activity on the surface of the oil the medicine is ready for use.
21- Pour the hot oil into a bottle; or as in the video suck it up into a plastic syringe. Putting the oil in a plastic syringe makes it very easy to dispense the medicine.

When the oil cools off it has the consistency of thick grease. Some strains will produce very thick oil and you may have trouble squeezing it out of the syringe. If this happens, place the syringe in warm water a few minutes prior to use.

To anyone starting to use hemp oil as a medication, here are some simple facts.
Hemp oil will lower blood pressure and if you are on blood pressure medication, you may find that this medication is no longer needed. The same is true for diabetics. I have seen hemp oil control blood sugar to the extent that insulin was no longer needed.
To anyone who is going to act on this information to help a loved one, I welcome you to the world of real medicine. Again, I caution you to be very careful when boiling the solvent off. The fumes are very flammable. Be sure to stay away from red-hot elements, sparks, cigarettes etc. that could ignite the fumes.

I wish you the best luck and health.
Warmest regards,
Rick Simpson."

mistisrising
11-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Probably not. Put a heat source on it to kill the developing mold, a heat lamp, heating pad, hot plate, etc. NO flame. You want it to evap ASAP without destroying the thc levels. A fan across the top would be great too.
Was the weed dry? You could do a water soak next time to remove alot of the 'green' from the finished product. Make sure you dry it again first tho.

Yes, it was dried trim and small buds from an outdoor grow. I was really scared of using heat, since this stuff is so flammable. I will try the water soak next time, but I cure the buds with the leaf intact. Then when two weeks of curing goes by (after seven to ten days of hang of screen drying), I trim everything up. I then used that trim to make the iso.

I still have a hard time believing that mold could grow in grain alcohol. But, it is what it is.

mistisrising
11-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Dude, for real? Hash oil will NOT control blood sugar! I don't now where you found this guy, but THC and it's cannibanoid buddies have very little if any effect upon diabetics. Maybe there's a study somewhere that I haven't heard of yet, but I have know several juvenile diabetics that started smoking, and years later stopped, without any effect whatsoever. I also know a guy who became diabetic in his forties, ten years ago, and just started smoking so that he can use less of his percocet for back pain. And, yes you got it, NO EFFECT on his diabetis.

The guy has his oil method down to a science, but I have a feeling that his "science" stops there. Any info on these claims would be much appreciated.

OldSkool
11-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Dude, for real? Hash oil will NOT control blood sugar! I don't now where you found this guy, but THC and it's cannibanoid buddies have very little if any effect upon diabetics. Maybe there's a study somewhere that I haven't heard of yet, but I have know several juvenile diabetics that started smoking, and years later stopped, without any effect whatsoever. I also know a guy who became diabetic in his forties, ten years ago, and just started smoking so that he can use less of his percocet for back pain. And, yes you got it, NO EFFECT on his diabetis.

The guy has his oil method down to a science, but I have a feeling that his "science" stops there. Any info on these claims would be much appreciated.

You said it right there, "he started smoking it"...taking it internally is a whole different ballgame bro.
From Rick Simpson's testimonial's site:
Thanks Rick my mom is completely cancer free from her Jan 28th Diag of small cell lung cancer ( the fast incurable one). She looks great and it’s gone, of course they say it will come back, can’t blame em, that’s all they know...But with this cancer the oncologist even said, he has never seen reduction this fast to zero ever before...
Also my brother is /.was type one Diabetes, he has been on it for 4 weeks now and hasn't had to adjust his insulin in three weeks. Also saw varicose veins disappear in front of my eyes, seen moles go 4 shades lighter and half disappear ( the bad part of it gone gone ) I have seen carcinoma disappear also, with my own eyes.....and someone else was scheduled for a prostate removal, he couldn’t pee or anything, 6 weeks later they go to do the surgery, ooops they went in and came out, said it was fine now..........and they left it in ,,,,,,,the problem with lots of people is going to be the fact that the doctors are used to these things never getting better , so they will do the surgeries based on scans from weeks ago,,,,,,and the people might be scared not to have the surgery even though they are on the oil,,,,,,,,,,,,they must insist to be re- checked..........it’s their right..I have also seen 3 people Die in the last 6 months that didn't take the oil, they figured that if it was real their lovely private bank owned so called country of Canada Inc. would use it to save them.......
J.M. ON

Please read the site before you call him a quack. If you just wanna smoke and just get high, good for you. Some of us here have serious cancers and are out of options. PLEASE READ and watch the videos on his site.
Direct link REMOVED this time, edited last time
Then you will know what you are talking about my friend...:)

Hick
11-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Stay "stubborn as a mule" o'school ;).. and best of luck with the fight

mistisrising
11-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Oldskool, you're right, I assumed that any intake would cause the same effects. I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I do know someone with crones disease that eats mj for abdominal pain, and smokes it to increase appetite. So, I should've known that different ways of intake would cause different effects.

You would think, though, that with evidence of use in asia as far back as five thousand years, we would know more about it's medical uses. Especially considering that it's only been illegal since the thirties. I hope that guy is right, but without serious studies, I think I'll stick with chemo, and smoke to stave off the after effects.

OldSkool
11-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Oldskool, you're right, I assumed that any intake would cause the same effects. I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I do know someone with crones disease that eats mj for abdominal pain, and smokes it to increase appetite. So, I should've known that different ways of intake would cause different effects.

You would think, though, that with evidence of use in asia as far back as five thousand years, we would know more about it's medical uses. Especially considering that it's only been illegal since the thirties. I hope that guy is right, but without serious studies, I think I'll stick with chemo, and smoke to stave off the after effects.

Mistisrising, have you seen the video? Have you watched the entire hour's worth of footage? I doubt that anyone who had would still want to subject themselves to chemo. Chemo kills half the people that take it for their cancers. Watch the videos, listen to the people who have taken it internally and swear by it.

Mods, why does the link to Rick Simpsons page keep disappearing? Is it actually a BAD thing to promote healing oneself from cancer for free?
This I really don't understand. Specially on a marijuana GROWING website...:rolleyes:

Hick
11-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Mods, why does the link to Rick Simpsons page keep disappearing? Is it actually a BAD thing to promote healing oneself from cancer for free?
This I really don't understand. Specially on a marijuana GROWING website...
It isn't "disappearing", I'm removing it. We don't want another sites logs reflecting that is is visited from here. It leaves a "cyber trail" that we don't wish to be a part of, for one.
It is a simple security measure.
If you wish to post links, we have asked that you post the url edited, so it is NOT a direct/embedded link. (hXXp) for instance..

OldSkool
11-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Gotcha. Always gotta watch out for 'the MAN'. ;)
I'll TRY to remember!

mistisrising
11-25-2009, 01:29 AM
I checked out the video, I'm still skeptical because hash oil has been available in the us since CA went legal in the '90's. So, why haven't states such as that started to make way for this cause? With fourteen states on the band wagon, I can't imagine how this has gone all this time without more attention. There are too many independent parties involved for medicinal companies to silence them all, so why is this still so quiet?

Getting back to the original subject, I've included some pics of the process. The first is the original look of the solution, the second, and third are of the current condition. I should've also said that this was a test to see how much was left in leaf that had been used to make ice hash. It was originally ran twice, for ten minutes each. I normally run it three to four times, but this time I only ran it twice. My thinking was that I'll leave a little thc on the leaf, and see if this process will give me that and any other essential oils in the leaf. Also, after the first two runs, the grade of hash severely decreases as more fiber breaks loose from the leaf getting beat up.

OldSkool
11-25-2009, 09:43 PM
I checked out the video, I'm still skeptical because hash oil has been available in the us since CA went legal in the '90's. So, why haven't states such as that started to make way for this cause? With fourteen states on the band wagon, I can't imagine how this has gone all this time without more attention. There are too many independent parties involved for medicinal companies to silence them all, so why is this still so quiet?

WHY? Because the govt/medical/drug manufacturing cartel will lose billions every year if everybody has easy access to natural remedies such as MJ.
Think about it. The govt grants $ to drug co's to find 'cures' for cancer and other things. The drug co's kick money back to the reps and senators to keep the pork barrel going. It's a circle jerk of $$$. Why do you think ciggs are legal when the factually kill 500,000 Americans EVERY year? They have 'advocates' and 'lobbiests' that make sure the wheels are greased for continued operation and GREED my friend.
Now, how many people a year does MJ kill? O. None> Nada. Why then is it illegal? No money in it for the gov/med/drug cartel that 'supposedly' is there for our common 'good'...

Sorry for the hijack. Hash oil, or hemp oil as it should be called, should be legalized for medicinal purposes at the very least. Ask your doctor about the Hippocratic oath he/she took and why they don't actually adhere to it.
They would be ridiculed and possibly lose their licensce for going outside the mainstream dogma bull that is called medicine these days.

Ok, I'm done. (Oldskool gets down off of soapbox..)
Make hemp oil! Take and enjoy! I'll let you know if a few months if it really cures cancer or not. Peace brothers and sisters...:)

passafire420
12-09-2009, 02:47 AM
the best way i have seen is to use grain alcohol at least 180-190 proof( that 90 to 95 %) like golden grain u let it sit with trimming and bud for couple weeks then slowly evaporate it in a pot making sure not to go over 150 degrees F cuz thc will evaporate. oh ya after it sit for a week or two you strain and evaporate the alcohol and your left with hash oil. since it grain alcohol and you can drink it i think that the better route to go.

OldSkool
12-13-2009, 05:58 AM
I made my first batch with 99% isopropanol a few days ago. I used three whole plants, buds, leaves and all. I left it out in the garage to evap but the temp is so low here now I still have an inch of liquid sitting in the large stainless pot I used. It looks like green coolaid and smells like marijuana scented aftershave! I think I'll put a heatlamp on it tommorow to help with the evap rate. I'll let you know how it turns out.

eastla_kushsmoka
12-13-2009, 08:17 AM
funny you mention kool-aid i just made a fresh batch of iso with my sour og trim i kid you not looked like purple kool-aid when i first poured now i just have some potent purple iso hash this is the first for me taste fuely

donnachris67
01-25-2011, 06:47 AM
I did strain it throught the coffee filter. It wasn't completely dry, but wasn't wet. So after i strained it(or what i felt was straining..?) I was left withe still green tree that was just lightly staturated. No stickyness or tar like substance.
you know that you were suppoaed to keep the liquid and throw the greens away right?? sounds like you are looking for your weed to be sticky and its the liquid after you evaporate it that is supposed to be sticky or dry and crumbly.

donnachris67
01-25-2011, 11:21 PM
You said it right there, "he started smoking it"...taking it internally is a whole different ballgame bro.
From Rick Simpson's testimonial's site:
Thanks Rick my mom is completely cancer free from her Jan 28th Diag of small cell lung cancer ( the fast incurable one). She looks great and it’s gone, of course they say it will come back, can’t blame em, that’s all they know...But with this cancer the oncologist even said, he has never seen reduction this fast to zero ever before...
Also my brother is /.was type one Diabetes, he has been on it for 4 weeks now and hasn't had to adjust his insulin in three weeks. Also saw varicose veins disappear in front of my eyes, seen moles go 4 shades lighter and half disappear ( the bad part of it gone gone ) I have seen carcinoma disappear also, with my own eyes.....and someone else was scheduled for a prostate removal, he couldn’t pee or anything, 6 weeks later they go to do the surgery, ooops they went in and came out, said it was fine now..........and they left it in ,,,,,,,the problem with lots of people is going to be the fact that the doctors are used to these things never getting better , so they will do the surgeries based on scans from weeks ago,,,,,,and the people might be scared not to have the surgery even though they are on the oil,,,,,,,,,,,,they must insist to be re- checked..........it’s their right..I have also seen 3 people Die in the last 6 months that didn't take the oil, they figured that if it was real their lovely private bank owned so called country of Canada Inc. would use it to save them.......
J.M. ON

Please read the site before you call him a quack. If you just wanna smoke and just get high, good for you. Some of us here have serious cancers and are out of options. PLEASE READ and watch the videos on his site.
Direct link REMOVED this time, edited last time
Then you will know what you are talking about my friend...:)
the link you psoted was removed. can you pm it to me I'd like to read the article.

hogs
01-26-2011, 02:25 AM
hxxp://www.google.ca/#hl=en&source=hp&biw=1040&bih=588&q=rick+simpson+run+from+the+cure&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=rick+simpson+run+from+the+cure&fp=d6f794b42cbc146d

Don`t forget to change the XX in HxxP back to tt to http

Hick
01-26-2011, 03:38 PM
the link you psoted was removed. can you pm it to me I'd like to read the article.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=582416&postcount=304.. it's still there.

faderharley
02-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Do you want to know how to make hash the easiest way? It is very simple, and this method works for just about any grade of marijuana/cannabis, even clippings, trim, and plain old bunk.
Do you have some weed laying around that wasn't good enough to smoke? This method will salvage whatever can be salvaged from lousy weed, greatly improve its potency, and even turn bunk into something that is useful (for emergencies, anyway)..

Step 1. Get some alcohol
The active ingredients in marijuana dissolve readily in alcohol. You can find rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) at any drug store. It is cheap -- usually about a dollar per bottle.
BE SURE YOU DO NOT GET DENATURED ALCOHOL. Denatured alcohol contains ingredients that can be POISON. "Denaturing" is a process where they add ingredients to make the alcohol unsuitable for human consumption. If you use "denatured" alcohol, you will wind up with hashish that is unsafe to consume, and it will probably taste terrible, too.
If you cannot find alcohol in your drug store, you can also use any high-alcohol content rum or vodka, such as Everclear. If you are going to use rum or vodka you should note that the alcoholic beverage may contain additional ingredients that may modify the flavor of the resulting hashish, or make it harsher to smoke. Plain alcohol is to be preferred, and plain alcohol is cheaper.
Please be extremely careful when you are handling alcohol. Do not smoke or get near open flame while you are doing this process. Alcohol can be extremely flammable, and it burns with a flame that is often hard to see until it is too late. Some methods elsewhere recommend evaporating the alcohol off by heating the mixture on a stove. I would NOT recommend that. For one thing, the alcohol vapor can be extremely flammable and, because the flames are hard to see, you can have a big problem (like the whole house burning down) before you know it. For another, the alcohol vapor can get you very seriously drunk in a hurry. Seriously. You can a couple of good whiffs and be staggering.

Step 2. Grind up your weed.
You will get the most out of this process if your cannabis is ground as finely as possible. You can just soak the leaves whole and get satisfactory results, but grinding the weed will allow the alcohol to get to all the plant fiber to get the most out of it. Just put the weed in a blender and let it run until the material is thoroughly pulverized.

Step 3. Soak the marijuana in alcohol
Put the marijuana in a jar that can be sealed tightly and pour the alcohol over it. Put enough alcohol in so there is enough to cover the marijuana completely, and then some. Let it sit for about 24 hours. By the end of 24 hours, the alcohol will have turned distinctly green. (If you have real bunk, the alcohol may turn brown.)

Step 4. Filter out the plant fiber
Pour the liquid through a coffee filter into another jar. This will remove the plant fiber and give you a green alcohol mixture that contains alcohol and the active ingredients from the marijuana.

Step 5. Let the alcohol evaporate.
The final step is to pour the mixture into a bowl and let it evaporate. Depending on the amount of alcohol in the mixture, it might take a day or so.
Some other methods recommend heating the mixture on the stove to evaporate off the alcohol. This can be dangerous, as described above. It is far better to just be patient and let the alcohol evaporate naturally. It takes a little longer, but it is far safer and a lot less work.
This will leave you with a form of hashish. The result will be a thick green kind of tar. It can be difficult to work with or smoke, just because it is so concentrated and sticky, but it is useable at this point.

Step 6. Enjoying the result
Smoking it in a pipe.
If you put this hash oil in a pipe, it will bubble and cook like road tar. Because of this, getting a good high from it may be difficult with conventional smoking methods. It is not that you can't get high -- you can -- it will just be more work than smoking a joint and you may wind up with a clogged pipe. Think of how difficult it is to work with road tar and you will get some idea of what it is like.
Vaporizing it
An alternative method is to put the hash oil in a spoon or on a piece of tin foil. Then heat the spoon or tin foil from below and inhale the smoke that comes off it by using a straw. Using a conventional vaporizer is not recommended unless you use something to protect the vaporizer from the hash oil melting down into it. Hash oil can be difficult to clean up, and you could just wind up ruining an expensive vaporizer.
Pouring it over other marijuana
An alternative method is to pour the liquid onto another batch of marijuana, and let the alcohol evaporate from that. The end product will be easier to smoke if you do this, because it has the plant fiber to help it burn. You probably don't want to pour it over really good grades of weed, because it will probably change the flavor for the worst. However, if you have some marijuana laying around that is only of mediocre quality, it can improve the quality significantly and make it acceptable for smoking in desperate times.

The Effen Gee
02-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Dude,

45 seconds to a minute at the MOST.

You have no idea how to make oil and your instructions will produce that black tar like crap.

Proper oil looks like dark amber to yellow, not like "road tar".

Your instructions need to be reworked.

Hamster Lewis
02-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Okay let me run through my latest method which I learned from a guy on another forum.

Take your hash material...(buds and sugar leaf for me) the better the material the better the hash. I keep mine in the freezer. Take a ladies nylon and clip a piece off...maybe 6 inches. Tie off one end and then stuff it like a sausage with your frozen hash material and then tie off the other end. Take your sausage and put it in a jar and cover it with Your alcohol. Twist on the lid and start shaking....how long you shake is pretty much a personal choice....I like 2 minutes....the longer you shake the greener it will get and the worse it will taste when done.
Next pour the liquid through a coffee filter...( I double the filter) and into your crock pot.
Put the crock pot on low with the lid off somewhere ventilated....check it every cpl hours until it is just about evaporated and then shut it off. I remove the stoneware from the outer heating chamber and put it on the fridge for an hour or so to cool off....then get your blade and start scraping.

This method cuts hours and hours off of the wait. I can make ISO in like 5 hours now.

The Effen Gee
02-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Pretty much.

Also: avoid using ISO, its extremely bad for you.

Look int grain alcohol or some other distillate.

Hamster Lewis
02-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Pretty much.

Also: avoid using ISO, its extremely bad for you.

Look int grain alcohol or some other distillate.

Good to know bro....guess I need to pick up some ever clear....

The Effen Gee
02-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Thats what all the hippies in humboldt use. It has a more grainy taste to it, but its way better.

isoman234
02-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Ok so my question is will the psychoactive ingredients in the weed start to settle at the bottom of the alcohol? I was just thinking I would like to use a bowl with a fairly small bottom that way it's not as spread out. Another thought on the subject I am by know means a chemistry genius but I'm pretty sure that iso just dissolves the cannabinoids and then evaporates assuming that all there is in it is the iso and usually a little water. I mean there is no chemical reaction so there should be no nasty chemicals left behind. I mean the only way it would be bad for you is if there were contaminants in the iso and I don't believe that to be the case

OGKushman
02-24-2011, 06:27 PM
ISO has nearly the same chemical ability to dissolve lipids as ethanol.

*actually yall need to steer away from organic solvents. Im sure hippies in Humboldt dont know a whole lot about chemistry. ;)

Hamster Lewis
02-25-2011, 02:49 AM
Ok so my question is will the psychoactive ingredients in the weed start to settle at the bottom of the alcohol? I was just thinking I would like to use a bowl with a fairly small bottom that way it's not as spread out.

As far as I know evaporation is the only way to get all that goodness. What do you want to do? Use an eye dropper to remove the top layer? Try the crock pot method....it takes a cpl hours. Or you can use a hair dryer I hear to speed up evaporation.

Hick
02-25-2011, 03:33 PM
...even just a fan blowing across the surface will speed the evaporation time significantly.
I was just thinking I would like to use a bowl with a fairly small bottom that way it's not as spread out.
pros/cons...
a smaller bowl will keep it from 'spreading out' as much, making it easier to collect. But it also reduces the exposed 'surface area', which will impede/slow evaporation "somewhat".

faderharley
02-25-2011, 09:25 PM
So Everclear is better than iso alcohol? Still, I'll place a small fan to blow over the glass bowl to evaporate, I don't care to heat up any alcohol to achieve making hash oil. My Landrace Colombian Gold makes awesome, sweet tastey hash oil. Like to make some from the Blue Widow, but that bud already kicks butt, but then so does the C. Gold for that matter.

OGKushman
02-26-2011, 12:49 AM
So Everclear is better than iso alcohol? No. 90% is 90%. BOTH are organic solvents (hydrocarbon chain). BOTH are equally harmful.

Royalblunts
04-22-2011, 05:27 AM
I would like to add... For the days where you can't seem to find some anywhere and Dr. Green isn't answering, these methods also work great for making the oil out of resin and you also get your bongs looking like new in the process. And i find the end product is a lot better then just the resin on it's own.

On another note, when buying iso, BE VERY SURE your not using medicated iso, i heard it can make you very sick or worse if you smoke it. And if smoking iso concerns you, relax inhaling a bit will only get you drunk but be careful your not around fumes too long while making the oil as the iso goes straight to your brain not liver and gets you really drunk (got this info looking up iso safety). And when using plastics make sure its the right kind of plastic because cheap plastics can dissolve and then your smoking plastic too. But iso is used in hospitals for sanitization and it generally safe around most plastics.

And for those who burnt their houses down cooking the stuff.... seriously, way to high or completely retarded. I cook it all the time, perfectly safe, just look up the flash point of the iso you are using and make sure the temp does not get that high. Not a difficult concept. And don't put on direct heat, i boil water in a pot and put a bigger glass container over the boiling water pot and then you got your oil in 10 mins instead of hours to a day. Junior high science guys common.

Happy Toking. And to all you growers out there, I'm sure I speak for all of us when I give my sincerest thanks and respect.

dealwis
06-01-2011, 05:10 AM
for make this why we use only bud or leaf trimmings ? can't we take other parts from the plant?

Erbal
06-05-2011, 04:09 PM
for make this why we use only bud or leaf trimmings ? can't we take other parts from the plant?

The bud and sugar leaf has the highest concentration of trics. When you make your hash from this, you get the most pure hash you can make by hand. When you use the rest of the plant, you get to many impurities, meaning your smoking dirt and plant matter.

nvthis
07-24-2011, 09:43 PM
K, let's clear up some stuff here so's we don't get future newbs all confused and stuff..

First off, y'all need to consider using 99(.8)% iso, str8 up. If you can't get 99%, do something else..

Hammy bro, you were on to it mate ;)

If you are worried about what iso will leave in the final product, then you are not purging correctly. Iso will evap clean, it's what alcohol does. If there are doubters here, try the same glass test that we use for butane.. Then try it with tap water..

Firstly, avoid grinding your material into powder (fine grind). A simple chop would do fine, if needed at all. I do like to break up popcorn bud though, otherwise a bud just becomes a sponge that will have to be dealt with some how.. Also, let it dry completely. No wet material!

Next, freeze it. Freeze it all. The iso, the bud, the jars they are in, everything.

Once that's done, study the name of this technique. Qwiso means "quick wash" iso.. If you are getting tacky green or black oil, you have just missed the tug. Like BHO, iso should come off fairly clear. Unlike BHO, iso will have a 'redder' tint to it.

Ok, here's the rub.. "Quick wash" your material.. This means keep it under 15 seconds. Anything more can no longer be called 'quick wash'.. And do it all as cold as you can get it. This will help tie up unwanted plant lipids from draining into the final product.

Next thing to remember is to strain the material through a screen and take out the bigger stuff up front, then run it through your coffee filters..

Also, the best purge is a warm purge. Using a crockpot is a stellar idea, and I do it my self but with a clear pyrex-type container inserted in or over the ceramic insert. Once the iso has evaped, I also use my oven, generally set below 300f. Here is a guide that will help on time and temps. Note: THC decarbing won't change your smoke, but if you plan to injest then decarbing is a must.

Ok, here are some things to consider.. When dealing with iso the one thing you should be shooting for is a window of quality that leaves your oil stable at room temp. If you wash too long your oil will become dark, soft and extremely tacky. The best quality will be very stable at room temp and will shatter if handled even midly rough. There is a better quality that can be reached, but not with one iso wash. Adding a second wash, done with ethanol in a technique being called 'winterization' (I know...), you can free your iso results from all plant fats and excess lipids (Google: Absolute Amber). However, seems this will also bring your oil back to a free running, viscous product and drops it's stable form.

Either way, here's the deal. When using iso as a solvent, and you end up smoking this..

Then you probably have a reasonable gripe.....

nvthis
07-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Listen to what is being said, and you might just be smoking this instead... 100% Iso shatter.. Rockin it the hard way ;)

Killuminati420
07-25-2011, 03:14 AM
nice nvthis, looks fire.

nvthis
07-25-2011, 06:02 AM
nice nvthis, looks fire.

Thanks bro. This stuff is one hitter-done... Of course, just like tater chips, who stops there? :hubba:

Killawat
10-21-2011, 07:11 AM
I did not come up with this technique it is very old.
It will produce golden super potent hash oil with regular ISO alcohol you can get at most any drug store.
1. dry trim
2. put trim in container with lid
3. cover trim with ISO
4. shake for 30 seconds
5. pour ISO solution through standard coffee filter
6. collect iso in container/pan
7. let evaporate over night
8. scrape up hash oil
You can do a 2nd 30 second run on the trim, but quality will degrade with each run.
WARNING: Never use a stove, or any heat source to evaporate the ISO. Just let it evaporate over night. If you are very impatient you can use a regular fan pointed at the alcohol to speed evaporation.

Bong Puller
11-15-2011, 01:30 AM
Tried this with a maybe 5 or 6 grams of popcorn. Was easy, everything worked as said. Stunk up my house a goodone! I used cheese cloth
(a few layers) Doesnt taste as good as my bubble. Works average. Does it ever fully dry out? I got maybe a 3/4 gram only shook for 45 sec.

Was fun Thanks,
B.P.

Hamster Lewis
11-15-2011, 01:42 AM
If you leave it out for a while mine starts crumbling up a bit....

dirt and more
03-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Suppose Everclear would work just like the ISO without the health dangers?
90% alcohol and consumable. Higher priced certainly. Trade off for health safety

nugatronica
03-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Not a fan of the ISO alcohol!

OGKushman
03-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Isopropyl evaporates completely guys. Zero residue, but you have to be patient.

The Effen Gee
03-25-2012, 03:27 AM
I have come to find out, years later...that if you are still making/smoking oils that were created using iso...you are not only a fool, but a stubborn misinformed fool.

BHO is superior in every way. Hands down, lab tested (many times) makes iso look like tweeker ****.

If you dont like the idea of bho, or have a hard time grasping the very, very simple safety precautions you can use grain alcohol. Thats the really "heady" hippie way. Or all natural if you will.

There. I said it. The verdict is in, and numbers dont lie.

Graywolf
03-31-2012, 12:55 PM
I have come to find out, years later...that if you arestill making/smoking oils that were created using iso...you are not only afool, but a stubborn misinformed fool

Or maybe someone in pain with only has 99% ISO available to work with. Isopropyl extraction was most likely born because of the tax rates on ethanol.

The poison is in the dosage, so it simply must be purged below toxic levels,which are relatively easy to determine, with just taste and smell.

Odor threshold is 22 ppm adapted, 700ppm un-adapted per Science Lab's MSDS at:http://www.ee.iitb.ac.in/~nanoe/msds/ipa.pdf (http://www.ee.iitb.ac.in/~nanoe/msds/ipa.pdf)

The MSDS shows acute oral toxicity LD-50 Mouse is 3600 mg/kg (~3600ppm), or about 5 times the concentration at which even the uninformed can smell it.

Acute toxicity of the vapor LC50 rat, was 16,000 mg/kg (~ppm) for 8 hours.

Chronic Effects on Humans:

CARCINOGENIC EFFECTS: A4 (Notclassifiable for human or animal.) by ACGIH, 3 (Not classifiable for human.) byIARC.

DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY: ClassifiedReproductive system/toxin/female, Development toxin [POSSIBLE]. May cause damageto the following organs: kidneys, liver, skin, central nervous system (CNS).p.5

Other Toxic Effects on Humans:

Hazardous in case of ingestion, ofinhalation. Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant, sensitizer,permeator).

Special Remarks on Toxicity toAnimals: Not available.

Special Remarks on Chronic Effects onHumans:

May cause adversereproductive/teratogenic effects (fertility, fetoxicity, developmental abnormalities))based on animal studies. Detected in maternal milk in human.

Special Remarks on other Toxic Effectson Humans:

Acute Potential Health Effects: Skin:May cause mild skin irritation, and sensitization. Eyes: Can cause eyeirritation.

Inhalation: Breathing in small amountsof this material during normal handling is not likely to cause harmful effects.However, breathing large amounts may be harmful and may affect the respiratorysystem and mucous membranes (irritation), behavior

and brain (Central nervous systemdepression - headache, dizziness, drowsiness, stupor, incoordination,unconciousness, coma and possible death), peripheral nerve and senstation,blood, urinary system, and liver.

Ingestion: Swallowing small amountsduring normal handling is not likely to cause harmful effects. Swallowing largeamounts may be harmful. Swallowing large amounts may cause gastrointestinaltract irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, abdominal pain. It alsomay affect the urinary system, cardiovascular system, sense organs, behavior orcentral nervous system (somnolence, generally depressed activity, irritability,headache, dizziness, drowsiness), liver, and respiratory system (breathingdifficulty).

Chronic Potential Health Effects: Maycause defatting of the skin and dermatitis and allergic reaction. May causeadverse reproductive effects based on animal data (studies)

A person using ISO may also be someone that prefers the more floral tastes of a polar extraction, as opposed to a hashier flavor in a non polar extraction like butane and Hexane.

Without fail,our test panels picked out the QWET and QWISO as the best flavored, only behind BHO extracted from fresh frozen green material, which was rated first.

PS: Skunk Pharm Research uses Ethanol, n-Butane, and n-Hexane for our oral and vaporized meds, but use ISO and Denatured to extract for our topicals. That doesn't mean that we wouldn't use ISO, if that is all we could get our hands on.

The Effen Gee
04-01-2012, 12:47 AM
That information is based on ingestion, not combustion and inhaling the smoke directly.

You can make your own ethinol, and butane is cheap.

The magic is in the extractor. Size, and volume are key. Along with proper filter mediums.

No way can you have a more perfect extraction method than butane. Period.

Graywolf
04-01-2012, 11:28 AM
That information is based on ingestion, not combustion and inhaling the smoke directly.

You can make your own ethinol, and butane is cheap.

The magic is in the extractor. Size, and volume are key. Along with proper filter mediums.

No way can you have a more perfect extraction method than butane. Period.
Do you have information showing different effects than inhalation which you might share?

More perfect for what? We use different extraction methods for different effects.
How about the rest of the non polar Alkanes? Is butane better than they are, even given its slight water solubility?

I like butane too, but consider it just another tool in the toolbox. Here are some ways we use other solvents:

]hXXp://skunkpharmresearch.com/

umbra
04-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Do you have information showing different effects than inhalation which you might share?

More perfect for what? We use different extraction methods for different effects.
How about the rest of the non polar Alkanes? Is butane better than they are, even given its slight water solubility?

I like butane too, but consider it just another tool in the toolbox. Here are some ways we use other solvents:

]hXXp://skunkpharmresearch.com/[/URL]
]YO!!! you've been here long enough to know better...fix the link

Hushpuppy
04-01-2012, 12:25 PM
So which is better for making hash oil? to use dried leaf and bud or frozen fresh leaf and bud?

bho_expertz
04-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Dried Hush.

The Effen Gee
04-03-2012, 10:13 PM
You want ZERO water in your extractor. None.

Dry trim, prime trim or even striaght nugs is the best.

Iso is so 70's.

NCGuerrillaking
04-06-2012, 01:47 AM
Dude is it just me or does iso effin SUCK? straight headaches even letting it sit two days make me feel gross idek why ive done it more than once, i used 99 percent iso. that stuff is absolutely horrible idek that i wanna try butane after that disgusting awful disappointment. SERIOUSLY who the hell actually likes this total CRAP? Id LOVE to know.

Graywolf
04-06-2012, 03:19 PM
YO!!! you've been here long enough to know better...fix the link

Apparently not. Might you explain, as I am on enough different forums to get even more confused?

Graywolf
04-06-2012, 03:36 PM
You want ZERO water in your extractor. None.

Dry trim, prime trim or even striaght nugs is the best.

Iso is so 70's.

I used to feel that way, but after experimenting with different solvents and amounts of drying, I have found that it really depends on the solvent used what you want to end up with.

Some folks like floral flavors, which you lose with bone dry material, as well as the lighter mono and sesquiterpenes that also evaporate away.

We mostly use Butane, Hexane, and Ethanol for vaporizing and oral, but ISO and Denatured for topical medications, because it works, isn't toxic at residual levels, and is cheaper when extracting low yield material like fan leaves and stems.

We still do frozen dried ISO in classes, which the students sample at the end by vaporizing and some prefer it.

When we want the most floral flavor from a solvent, we either do the extraction using a non polar solvent and frozen fresh material, or use a polar solvent and frozen dried, but not cured material.

For a smooth mellow hashy flavor, and pristine appearance, dry material and a polar solvent is the way to go.

Graywolf
04-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Dude is it just me or does iso effin SUCK? straight headaches even letting it sit two days make me feel gross idek why ive done it more than once, i used 99 percent iso. that stuff is absolutely horrible idek that i wanna try butane after that disgusting awful disappointment. SERIOUSLY who the hell actually likes this total CRAP? Id LOVE to know.

Your ISO should taste nutty and floral when vaporized, not gross, so there may have been something wrong in the material or procedure. I would advise not using it, until you figure out what went wrong and why it does taste gross.

Could you describe what you used and your process?

OGKushman
04-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Your doing something wrong.

And what's idek?

PuffinNugs
04-07-2012, 02:46 AM
Your doing something wrong.

And what's idek?

my guess would be another person forgeting to actually strain the "plant matter" out of it and letting it all dry and smoking that.

im puffin on a 4 gram ball right now i made last night. sat over night and while i was at work, when i got home scrapped it up and it tastes great, after about 16 hours of drying.

it also really depends on how long you soak it, i do batches in twos, one plate is for a quick shake, about 30 seconds, no more. that batch will be really light colored and tasty. sometimes almost a powder like plain keif.
quick wash usually has a taste of the bud/ leaves it came from.

then the second batch is a longer soak using the same stuff i just used. that plate will be really black and sticky, not as tasty but not really "nasty" either.

NCGuerrillaking
04-07-2012, 02:55 AM
i strained it i know how to make it, it gives me a gross feeling when i smke it, i used 5 grams of bud and strained it, the alcohol was 99 percent and i let it evaporate in a pyrex and let it sit for two days after. it only soaked for 10 minutes. and idek means i dont know. like idk with an e. lol sorry, but its gotta just be me dude everyone seems to love it everywhere else i checked

NCGuerrillaking
04-07-2012, 02:58 AM
oh my apoligies, i didnt read everything you typed lol, so ten minutes is way too long then? oops lol.

PuffinNugs
04-07-2012, 04:05 AM
oh my apoligies, i didnt read everything you typed lol, so ten minutes is way too long then? oops lol.

i should never assume anything, but seen countless times "why my iso turn out bad, or taste bad" then see that it was never strained, glad you didnt do that lol.

but yeah 10 minutes would difintly make it pretty harsh to smoke, bet it was a pain to handle too, even the second wash of mine is pretty sticky ;)

NCGuerrillaking
04-07-2012, 04:54 AM
word, it was a bitch to handle lol

OGKushman
04-07-2012, 03:09 PM
I heat my ISO bottle in a pot of hot water, shake that mason jar like it was the devils baby, and pour it right through a metal strainer, then into a coffee filter. It only shakes in the ISO for 10-15 seconds. I like my ISO tan to blonde. Mmmmmmmm

NCGuerrillaking
04-09-2012, 02:45 AM
so uh, i got some moonshine thats 181 proof think i should use that next time?

Graywolf
04-10-2012, 10:34 AM

It would work.

mojoganjaman
08-07-2012, 07:00 AM
I've recently taken to eating my ISO oil...my method is similar to the ones presented here...I didn't read all 19 pages, but will add my .02...I chop my pound of bud in a blender so the majority is small chunks maybe a tad too big to roll a joint...it is dried for a couple days and then packaged up in plastic 200 gr tobacco containers about 3/4 full...these are tossed into the freezer along with about 3 gals of 99% ISO...I usually waait at least a week before I continue the process...when its time I fill the containers with ISO quickly and they go back into the freezer...I don't want any loss of "cold" while soaking the mix...I wait 20 mins then filter thru coffee filters into another 200 gr container...I repeat for every container...once I have enough THC-laced ISO I dump it into an electric wok I have set up in the front porch...I set the temp to low and keep watch on it as I finish filtering the rest of the containers...once all the containers are empty the wok is pretty much full...when the solution is almost ready for final cure I add a couple drops of water to the brew...this helps keep the THC from burning in the final stages of the cook...then the liquid is transferred into a glass bowl with a lid...I leave the lid loose or off for the final cure...I use a coffee maker heating plate for the finish...it takes a couple days and must be stirred to get all the ISO out or it tastes like ****...once its ready to consume I'll average about a 1/2 gr every evening...eases my back pain....relaxes my muscles and allows for a minimum of 5 hrs straight sleep...the previous 24 years have been spent waking every hour to change position to relieve my pain...not any more...and sleep has never been so glorious!!!...I also feed my Lab a drop in the morning to help with her hypothyroidism...have given friends small amounts to apply topically for skin cancer and diabetic ulcers...both were more than happy with the result...I also provide my chiropractor with batches as he has 1/2 a kidney left..he started eating it 2 months ago and looked like death warmed over...he returned to work this past month and looks much healthier...1 lb of decent bud will yield about 2 ounces of bliss...when smoked it is a knock-out...hope this helps someone...;)

mojo

mojoganjaman
10-24-2012, 12:26 AM
this year we are gonna use plum-shine to extract our medicine...have 8 garbage pails of good ol' BC plums...5 have been run once...120 proof and up is run again to make our elixar....119 to 80 is our play juice...I find my neighbors visit less after gettin' a couple shots of shine...and I get to keep my beer!!!!!

1lildog
01-11-2014, 04:25 PM
I heat my ISO bottle in a pot of hot water, shake that mason jar like it was the devils baby, and pour it right through a metal strainer, then into a coffee filter. It only shakes in the ISO for 10-15 seconds. I like my ISO tan to blonde. Mmmmmmmm

Whats the theory on hot iso? I thought it was supposed to be cold. :holysheep:

GreenThumbPicasso
04-16-2014, 08:25 PM
Awesome thread! I started a month ago with iso and love it. My wash is about 20 sec. I freeze the iso and bud for a few days and cut it up over the jar. Wish I had found it sooner. It's a great way to stay patient as your buds cure....lol. Storage is small mason jar in the fridge with a silica pack in it for moisture

Kravenhead
05-10-2014, 04:11 PM
:cool:hello all. i see there are not to many threads on making hash so i thought i would start another. you will need the following items:

1) clean jar with lid
3) coffee filters
4) plate or glass pan
5) bud or leaf trimmings
6) razor blade

First you want to take your bud & leaf trimmings crush them up and place in bottom of jar. Then take your iso and fill the jar up 1 to 2 inches over your bud & leaf trimmings. Put the lid on the jar and shake well for 2 minutes. Get your plate or glass pan and coffee filters. Take 3 or 4 filters put them together and dump your mixture into the filters. Be sure to try and fold the top of the filters together after adding the mixture this will prevent your filters from letting your liquid drip out the top. Let all the liquid drain through the filters onto the plate or glass pan. once this is done let the iso evaporate in the plate or pan and there you have it. Take your razor blade and scrape the hash from the plate or pan and its time to smoke. REMEMBER the better the bud and trimmings the better your hash will be. any questions please email me. ENJOY:p

I may be old school but i just lolipop the buds and whack them against a plate for a bit, then just razor off and roll between my fingers. I would like to give your method a try though and see if it tastes / smokes better or worse. Thanks for your post.

Kravenhead
05-10-2014, 04:54 PM

Gran Pa taught me how to make shine when I was a kid, family recipe handed down 5 generations now, I always use it to make my hash.

GreenThumbPicasso
05-11-2014, 03:14 AM
Kraven, I think you'll like it better lol. I used to do the same thing but put them in a big a$$ jar and shake the hell out of em. Love my iso. I've learned to just say no to violence to kind bud....lol