1st week of flowering.. please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TITAN

Reaction score
I am currently on my 8th day of flowering under 12,000 lumens from flour. T12's. some have told me I should see buds forming ofer 5-8 days of flowering. I am on my 8th and they don't look different. how long should I expect till I see buds under this lighting. you can also check out my grow journal below for pics.

thanks

Look between the leaf nodes, right where the leaves come off the main stem, see if there are hairs or balls forming.

yeah, I have looked, the plant looks the same as it did 8 days ago when I first moved it to12/12 lighting

Just keep waiting, patience is a virtue. Besides the plants are still pretty young!

Also dont forget you are using veg lights and not flowering lights, u need 3000k lights for flower.

do you have to have the 3000K for flowering. i have 4 T12's. I think the 6000K ones. I don't have the cash to change now. I am hoping to use the same lights all the way through. what is the main differnce, or do they just help but not totally needed?

No it's a HUGE difference, I swap out the 3000k when I switch to flowering. 6000k only produces the ONLY color used ONLY for vegging. 3000k is used ONLY for flower. If you use the 3000k for veg you will get stunted growth and if you use the 6000k you will get poor flowering.

maybe I should go and get 4 6000K ones tomorrow. they are only $7 for two at walmart. so, they are just about the same but hte wattage is 3000K

6500 or 6000k are for VEG, 3000k is for FLOWER, and go to lowes and get the GE's they are cheaper and put out more lumens, look for the "kitchen and bath" flouros.

ok.. kitchen and bath. I know those. they are 5.99 for two at home depot by my house. they have some from phillips. 3400 lumens each and about 3000K watts

3000k is not the wattage, it is the color temperature. But that is not a bad price tho. If the phillips have more lumens then go with those! ONLY if they are 3000k though.

got it. what would the 6000K lighting do. would it just make the flower take long and make my buds less dense and less yield.

Yup! Just to let you know, light color is measured in Kelvin temperature which is what the "K" stands for. The higher the number the more "blue or purple" it will be and the lower the number the more "orange or red" it will be.

I see I see. thanks for the info. I will check them out tomorrow

thanks

Latest posts

Back