Cannabutter 3 ways

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i been googlin cannabutter recipe's all night and i found that quite a few stress the word "UNSALTED" when they refer to the type butter used.
is there really a difference if it salted or unsalted and if so then why is it? just wonderin.
also wat i got on hand is a pound of sweetcream butter. will this be fine if it not "unsalted"? i figure the sweetcream type would give it some extra flavor maybe for like on pancakes or waffles for a good wake an bake on sunday mornin brunch LOL

zipflip said:
i been googlin cannabutter recipe's all night and i found that quite a few stress the word "UNSALTED" when they refer to the type butter used.
is there really a difference if it salted or unsalted and if so then why is it? just wonderin.
also wat i got on hand is a pound of sweetcream butter. will this be fine if it not "unsalted"? i figure the sweetcream type would give it some extra flavor maybe for like on pancakes or waffles for a good wake an bake on sunday mornin brunch LOL

The difference is salt. :hubba: Salted butter is good for cooking and stovetop applications. Unsalted butter is better for baking and sauces. JUST MHO.....

:yeahthat:

Unsalted or salted butter can be used, the salt does not make any difference to absorbing the THC.

Unsalted butter is used in sweet baking (which most people use it for)

If using in savoury baking and it says use salted butter, you simply add some salt :)

Salted butter stores longer that unsalted. Making your own butter is the best way to go because there is no extras in it.

i dont know if it has to be dry at all, everytime ive made butter it has been with dry product, but some people will use wet leafs, and stir them for a bit at 90 degrees, until the water turns a good green to wash out some chlorophyll.

its also worth it to add a drop or two into the mix of pure vanilla extract, the alcohol in that will suck out some extra goodies, and add some extra creamy flavor.

i tried the everclear thc extraction twice. both failed. unless u really like alcohol. i dont. walnut oil is the nuts and we all want the nuts, right?.
knowledge of walnut cannaoil, crockpot method with mason jar in middle on low for several hrs. of course u dont mix water with any oil. yuckypoo. that central mason glass jar has only oil/or butter and weed-flour. Am doing a teaspoon or two a night stops all cravings to smoke. pass it on and save lungs. Dare to try it. u will get cotton mouth majority of time, especially with sativa. Indica is preferred indoors as sativa branches out more. (and 3-4 weeks longer to flower) but i just have a single sativa plant in each of two 5-gallon pumice filled buckets. (ebb n flow) pumice is very cheap. and lightweight. I keep this perpetual by cloning. knowledge is power, ill never smoke again, and no vapor. if u cough u lose. eventually. logical.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the walnut way thanks for posting that

Settled on cheaper veg or canola oil as walnut oil is kinda expensive.
To double the potency, decarb the weed 'flour' prior to mixing with oil or butter (unsalted, no biggie if not). Secret of proper decarb (thc activation) is one of three methods: 1. two minute microwave, three times, for 6 min total, just not all at once. 2. Bake at 250 for 30 min. 3. Bake at 300 for 10 min. Then do the crockpot method above. Water and butter can be mixed as it will separate when cooled. But oil and water is a no-no. Oil much better than butter as it won't spoil.
I screwed up first try ever by simply mixing water and butter and weed into a crockpot. Crockpot cracked as it was only 15-20 percent full. A central mason glass jar surrounded by water is the key. That way crockpot is at least half full so won't crack. The mason jar can be fuller but never has any water in it, just around the jar to prevent cracking the crockpot and to 'cook' the jar. (loose top on mason jar of course.) tighten and shake the jar hourly or so. Jar really hot so be very careful. I do HI for 4-5 hrs. cool and strain for brown paradise. stovetop jar in pan also would work but no higher than med-low. or a few bubbles.

Nice info here on cannabutter. It is very important to make cannabutter in a correct way meaning cannabis is fully decarboxylated. Drizzle this cannabudder over freshly cooked pasta or popcorn for a better taste.

I have tried getting de-carb'd weed in my belly in numerous ways, even fried some in coconut oil. Then one day we realized that we could just put the finely crushed de-carb'd weed in capsules & swallow them. I chase them with a little coconut oil or by eating something-- helps kick it in gear. Very easy way to get in your system.

Latest posts

Back