cannibutter with fresh trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterblaster26

Reaction score
Can you use trim that you just cut off a plant for cannibutter or do you HAVE to wait for it to dry?

If you freeze it immediately then screen its not a big deal. Remember..... the finer the screen- the better the product.;)

i wouldnt put the trim directly in cannibutter, it will taste to strong like that.

freeze the trim, get a window screen and put trim on it after trim is good and cold. while over a poster or a big smoothe sheet of paper. then shake back and forth for a while and "screen" the tricomes off and out of the trim leaves. then scrape up said kief with a credit card or similar. you can smoke this kief as is or roll into a ball for finger hash.

you can use paint screeners and put trim in that then in a bucket of ice water stirring very vigorously knocking trikes off leaf sinking to the bottom of the bucket- then gently pour off adn collect trikes . press this you got ice/bubble hash.

you can take the kief you get and simmer it in oil or budder or put directly into whatever your going to cook with.

Cannabutter is not like making hash or oil you don't have to screen it, but I do prefer to dry it first.

I usually take my dry trim and let it soak in some water for a few hours, this removes a lot of the foul tasting elements as things like Chlorophyll are water soluable while THC and other cannabinoids are not.

I then heat the water just until I can melt some butter or margerine, and let that simmer for a while. I next remove and strain the marijuana, and rinse it to make sure that all of the butter or oil is removed from the spent marijuana.

Then just throw that in the fridge overnight and the butter will float to the top and harden on top. Then just remove the butter floating on top and place it in a container for storage, I like to use old margerine containers.

Then you have cannabutter that can be used in whatever you desire, even eatten off of some toast.

But this is just what i do

Good stuff MassP. I would do that! Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back