Cannabutter made easy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowmo77

Are you lost
Reaction score
ok heres a quick easy way to make canna butter that can be used in place of oil in most recipes. this was made from small inmature buds,stems and leafs.

2/3 cups of water,
3/4 cups of butter,
2 oz of trim and small buds.

heat the water and butter untill melted in a crock pot on high. you may need to stir to help the butter melt faster. once melted add your fine chopped leafs. cover and simmer on low for about 3 hours (Do Not Boil). use a strainer to remove the larger green matter, pour into a large bowl. gather all the trim left in the strainer and place in a thin clean cotton cloth or cheese cloth. squeeze all the remaining butter from the mj. place a clean cloth over a bowl and strain the liquid thru it as you pour the clean bowl. cover an cool.

once its cooled remove the now soild butter from the water and your done. store until your ready to use. this will produce 1/2 cup of butter which will make 1 batch of brownies.

before handing out to friends do a dose test to see how you respond. this method works very well but also depends on the quality of mj used. i hope this helps anyone wanting to try canna butter or brownies. i know from past batches that 1 of these brownies when finished will lock me down for atleast 5 hours. keep in mind that it can take an hour to feel the effects so don't rush and over do it. wait for it it will come. good luck and enjoy

DSC01362.JPG

DSC01365.JPG

DSC01366.JPG

DSC01367.JPG

DSC01368.JPG

DSC01369.JPG

DSC01370.JPG

DSC01371.JPG

wow, man!...

I sure am glad you made this thread to show us all how to make cannabutter... we were all floundering around here for years until u came along...

LOL... I'm just bugging ya, man. - you know what? I can't even remember how many times I've seen directions on making cannabutter :p

ya want some good recipies for cannabutter cookies??? ;) :D :cool:

myself, I've made some PeanutCannabutter cookies, Cocoa Oatmeal Cannabutter cookies, Chocolate Chip Cannabutter cookies,....

I've also made some cakes from scratch with cannabutter (I hate box cakes)

I just noticed, too... did u use a generic margerine?!? <<shudders>> :p

Thanks TCVG now i feel like an donkey for postin it. jk

ya i've seen a few but still you see people askin how much and how long and so on. give recipes for anything you can think of. i make a few things but always lookin for new treats for the butter. i've got one for bar b Q thats pretty good but hard to dose right, its either to much or not enough.

I whipped up some cannabutter just last week and made rice krispie squares but I substituted corn flakes for rice krispe's mmmmmm. Another good trick is to make like a tea bag out of panty hose and put all your trimmings in there, then you don't need to strain it, just take the bag out and squeeze it out then let it cool. One less step for the lazy. hmmmm maybe I should say one less step for the smart.... either way nice post.

Just so you know you can boil the water if you want, it will only hit 100 degree (give or take depending on the amount of dissolved solids in the water) and shouldn't won't cause to much harm to the precious THC.

Thanks slowmo...Im makeing some now as I type..:aok:

Great htread of course , repeated many times. The panty hose is a good tip though..
I and my GF have 'bout 30 dozen browines from butterscotch to oatmeal raisin to cookies for the faire...

I have a question. Why simmer this for 3 hours?

What happens differently after the first 15 minutes that hasn't happened already?

I keep seeing these cannabutter recipes that have as much as 6 hours of simmering.

Are you trying to cook the leaves or what? Almost all of the thc is on the OUTSIDE of the leaves. It melts off in minutes, into the butter. After 15 minutes of simmering, nothing much is going to change.

Dump the whole thing into some double layered cheese cloth and squeeze it out good after 15 minutes of simmering and you'll save yourself 2.5 hours of time with the same results.

Btw, yes, I have tried both. The long simmer didn't do anything but put more chlorophyll into it and make it taste nastier.

Thanks, I've wondered about this, stoney. In the absence of facts, I tend to assume more is better... mostly because it generally is :).

im making some right now! ive def stirred it atleast 100 times by now lol! i used 2 ounces of nice nugs i just harvested and good trimmings and 2 cubes of real butter and a couple scoops of margarine! i thought u could use margarine but my buddy told me i need real un salted butter! so i added that it!! i hope this turns out good!im about to strain it! thanks slowmo

well it just went into the fridge! it came out a lil dark green! also there was alot of mush, i used a cotton shirt ti filter everything out! we'll see how it looks tomorrow

Latest posts

Back