Butter and alcohol as THC solvent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
I was reading Slowmo's post on making an alcohol/ marijuana concoction, and it reminded me of a question that I've had for sometime. We all know that butter is a good solvent for dissolving THC. And from my reading it seems as though alcohol is also sometimes used to solubalize THC.

When I make cookies I always add Bacardi Rum 151 (Ever Clear isn't legal where I live). I do it because I'm under the impression that it might help extract more THC from the ground up weed than butter alone. Do you all think that adding the rum helps, or is it a waste?

I do know this much though, if you use too much 151 you might get an explosion in your oven! I once put in too much alcohol, and some of the cookies went into the big oven, and some went into my toaster oven. Well, the alcohol in the toaster oven would explode after a few minutes, knocking the little door open. So, I had to anticipate the explosion and open the door every couple of minutes in order to release the pressure and avoid the explosion.

Latest posts

Back