Cookin' Cannibutter for Canines...Suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabby

Green Revolution Pioneer
Reaction score
Okay, a little backstory - I was one of the first legal medical MJ patients in the state I previously lived in when I joined up a clinical study on neurological damage, and the effects of marijuana. I had BeriBeri after a gastric bypass, developed an extreme bilateral peripheral neuropathy and was in a wheelchair for 6 months with no prognosis on ever being able to walk again...Once I started smoking, I was walking within three months!

My aunt has a dog who has the same type of nerve damage after a car hit him last year...Pain meds the vet gave don't work, Prednisone does SOME but the poor guy just staggers around and only moves if he HAS to, which is causing it to be more degenerative.

Truth be told, I used to smoke him out all the time, and have done it on occassion since the accident, but can't do it on a regular basis. The effects are amazing! He still limps, but it's not as noticable and he excersizes allot more when high.

So, after begging my aunt to try, she's agreed to let me try dosing him regularly with MJ. I'm wanting to cook up your standard cannibutter, she feeds his prednisone pill nightly with butter so I figure that will be the most effective way to give it to him, since I can't be there every day to blow him shotguns! lol.

He's a shi-tzu mix, weighs about 25 lbs. Since the standard cannibutter I make uses an ounce, I was thinking of using about 1/4 ounce and the same ammount of butter due to his size. I don't want to over dose him and leave him groggy, so do you think 1/4 ounce is still too much or just right for a dog his size? He takes about a teaspoon of butter each night, as a reference.

What do you think? (Also, sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in. It seemed the best fit since it's about cannibutter...)

A ** quarter ounce dose ** :holysheep: in how much butter? Like one stick?
The only reference I can give you on this, is that I had this golden retriever who used to knock my beer over so he could drink it, and one day I dropped a freshly rolled J - small size zigzag - and before I could retrieve it the dog ate it.
The dog was out, completely, all night, snoring loudly. I guess about an eighth of a J would be about right. Dogs must be pretty tough; back in the good ole days a German shepherd owned by a friend ate two whole blotters of MDA and was tripping for two days. That dog was never quite the same after.

Latest posts

Back