Potent pot in our life time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tesla

Reaction score
I have read some of the other older posts about the potency of pot and people talkin about the old days. I myself remember getting totally stoned to the bone on Thai stick, Columbian gold, Panama red and maui wowi. DEA and others argue that todays pot is twice or even three times as potent than it used to be. I can remember there was 5 of us smoking a pinner of Panama Red and one of my friend got so high that he threw up for three hours, we almost took him to the hospital but we were to stoned. My question to all the older stoner's here,whats your opinion on pot back in the 70's and the pot of today. Are the expert right the weed is stronger today or we just wussie's back then?

Yeah, But whats your opinion were we just wet behind the ears and todays pot is so much stronger?

I remember 1 pinner of Thai and 4 of us spending the day at home because we were too stoned to drive. Never have found anything like that again.

back in the day,i used to buy a oz. for 10 bucks.also the ones i bought from let me make my own bag up,usually out of a large garbage bag full of bud.they never weighed anything.the pot was good then because people were growing everywhere.seems everyone i knew was growing.i agree the smoke was better than for years to come.now we grow the same quality smoke,if not better.i never in the early 70's or 80's ever got bullshit smoke from anyone.they knew you would be back and the word of mouth will kill ya business and they all knew it.those were the days.alot more freedom than now.

Thats right Andy, no scales needed, it was how many fingers. Seems to me the standard oz was 15$ but I guess your older.

I remember getting opiumated? opiunated? Thai weed that was down right hallucinogenic with bouts of laughter lasting for ever. I have grown and smoked some of the best designer strains and still nothing compares even close. That was 20 years ago though.

tesla said:
I have read some of the other older posts about the potency of pot and people talkin about the old days. I myself remember getting totally stoned to the bone on Thai stick, Columbian gold, Panama red and maui wowi. DEA and others argue that todays pot is twice or even three times as potent than it used to be. I can remember there was 5 of us smoking a pinner of Panama Red and one of my friend got so high that he threw up for three hours, we almost took him to the hospital but we were to stoned. My question to all the older stoner's here,whats your opinion on pot back in the 70's and the pot of today. Are the expert right the weed is stronger today or we just wussie's back then?

Well, the other factor to look at is your tolerance back then as well. I got wasted on 3 beers and did for a while when I started drinking, 3 today could just as well be pepsi's.

You people are so old;)
When I smoke some indoor chronic with the older stoners they don't know what hit em'.I think things have even changed since I started smoking in the early 90's.Of course I didn't have a bunch of killer hook ups then either.I did read High Times a lot though.:p

i was in the merchant marines when i was 16 yrs old.i turned 16 in yokahama japan and have smoked some killer sheet all over the world and the dankest i ever smoked was in vietnam.yeah i was a baby killer too for all that do not know anything about the sheetest war on earth.kids today do not have anything to compare to.i have smoked in countries where they would chop ya head off if caught with it.i have smoked with people you have read about.and the best damn smoke i've ever had is what this OLD boy grows in his tent.jmo

andy52 said:
i was in the merchant marines when i was 16 yrs old.i turned 16 in yokahama japan and have smoked some killer sheet all over the world and the dankest i ever smoked was in vietnam.yeah i was a baby killer too for all that do not know anything about the sheetest war on earth.kids today do not have anything to compare to.i have smoked in countries where they would chop ya head off if caught with it.i have smoked with people you have read about.and the best damn smoke i've ever had is what this OLD boy grows in his tent.jmo
:eek:

Daaaang...

the very best weed I ever smoked was some thai sticks I personally picked UP in Laos in 1968, I was able to keep some seeds from it, it is as good today as it was 40 yrs ago, but there are nowadays alot of strains that are as potent, taste as good and have the same buzz ;)

I think smoke is getting better in general, but those ditch weed strains will always be the same low quality as they ever were

Anyone can go to the Dam and find a regular plethera of strains to choose from, a veritable smorgassbord :aok:

Ummm... I can't really compare because today it's all weed unless you're in the far east or the Dam. The hash back in the late 60s and 70s was mostly fine stuff but many times we got ripped off too. The black hash particularly fine. The weed back then was crap compared with what we got today.
But I guess in the US by 1980 there was some very asskickin weed. I visited a place called Garberville in 1980 - yeah I bet you know where I mean - and picked up a lid of purple bud off a stranded trucker I gave a ride to.
I took that lid back to SF and went to a Dead concert there, and later ended up with the band at a house in Napa Valley, and there was a surfeit of everything you can imagine. But my Garberville bag was finer than any weed the others had brought. So I reckon there's been real stoner weed around for a pretty long time now. But like Andy, what I grow is about 100x the seedy rubbish they sell on the street.

Andy I wasn't in the military but I have traveled around the globe. I was snoking some bud in a hotel room in Nigeria and the guy next door. Knocked on the door and told us yea better get rid of the stuff cause the state we were in had Sharia Law.
The best hash back in the day was blonde lebanese hash. The black stuff didn't compare.

I gotta admit that I will go along with the old guys.The weed in the 60's and 70's was much better.It was 3 fingers on ounce and remember the black fingers hash.

I know how to figure this out.Does anybody remember when the phrase "one hitter quitter"came out?It doesn't get better then that so there's the answer.I remember it in the early 90's.Anyone before that?

Telsa I know what your saying I started smoken the bud about 15 years old. I am 53 now and would love to get my hands on some of that Thia stick i got back in the early 70's.
I think we had some killer weed back then but I laid off smoken for several years.
Once I started it seemed much more potent now, can't say if thats from not smoken for years or its better??
All I know is that we have a large selection now compared to back then.
@ least for me it was hard to get Sensi Bud only on the rare occasion some good Maui Wowi.
Those were the days what will they be smoken years from now??

The most potent stuff I have ever smoked is the thai stick I smoked with some friends back in 1981. I was totally stoned for a couple of hours and could not feel my legs. I didn't have any tolerance then. I think the stuff I grow now is probably as strong or stronger but my tolerance is so high that it doesn't feel the same. I know if I give someone that doesn't smoke often some of my strongest stuff it wipes them out.

tesla said:
Andy I wasn't in the military but I have traveled around the globe. I was snoking some bud in a hotel room in Nigeria and the guy next door. Knocked on the door and told us yea better get rid of the stuff cause the state we were in had Sharia Law.
The best hash back in the day was blonde lebanese hash. The black stuff didn't compare.

You musta been in the north of Nigeria. Never set foot there.
One time I was drivin from Lagos to Ibadan and some fields were on fire, road thick with smoke. I slowed right down which was just lucky bc in the smoke the road was full of cars with drivers passed out inside, from inhaling the smoke ... it was a MJ farm that was burning. Generally people would give me quarter pounds wrapped in old newspapers, it was strong stuff but nowhere near as good as the primo bud we grow these days. Usually full of seeds and stalks.
Lebanese hash is good, but nothing to compare with temple balls ...

Latest posts

Back