edges curl up slightly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern1337s

Reaction score
The top few branches of my plant have leaves that curl up alot but only at the very edges about 2 mm of curling. It happens on almost all the leaves. They are about 3 inches from a 100 watt soft white flouro and have a fan going near them. What is wrong???

What nutes/levels are you using? How old and how tall?

I'm using 20 20 20 mixed with some seed starter mix at about 1/8 strength. They are about 6 weeks old but only about 10 inches tall.

I'm not sure about the 20-20-20, that's a common "all purpose" plant food right? The veg mix I use is only 7-4-10, I'm no genius at all those nute numbers yet though. It may be experiencing some burn. It's in soil? What type? Do you have a fan?

Biff..."Vegging" nutes should contain a higher ratio of (N)nitrogen, than P and K.
20-20-29 is all purpose though. Curling can be an indication of heat stress. Whats your temps?..MG defficiency sometimes shows up as a "cupping" usually in combination with intervienal chlorosis. Your fert package should list the micro nutrients that it contains.

I was aware of the higher N levels for veg but 20 seems high, like I said, no genius on the the numbers yet, I was reading some truly scintific stuff last night about mixing ones own ferts and it was some deep stuff.

I have a fan and yes they are in soil. I raised the light up I hope that makes some change. The soil is a mix of indoor potting and seed starter. I think the indoor has slow release nutes too.

That could be it, perhaps some nutes are being released and it's a bit much for them, I'm gonna let the others take this one as I'm no soil nute pro.

Latest posts

Back