Marijuana Christmas Feast - any ideas for Turkey?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mthmchris

Reaction score
So I'd say I'm decently experience with cooking with weed - I've made brownies more times than I can remember, and a friend recently opened up my eyes to the fact that literally anything with butter/cream can use marijuana in it. I was making some rasta pasta the other day when a roommate of mine had a brilliant idea - a Christmas feast with every single dish somehow cooked with Marijuana.

A few of my girlfriends are baking pies with weed, and to drink another friend really wanted to make Bhang. But the rest of the meal is sorta on our shoulders. After some searching, I realized it would be really easy to make weed:

-stuffing
-gravy
-mashed potatoes (although I think I'm going to have to make some garlic mashed potatoes with TONS of garlic in order to mask the weed taste)

But I'm stuck on the Turkey. Now, maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to just have weed gravy/stuffing and just a normal Turkey (turkey is hard enough as it is), but I'm not ready to admit defeat just yet. I was wondering if any of you had any thoughts? After perusing the internet looking for recipes for Turkey, I found a couple which had you put about a cup of olive oil + seasonings under the skin of the Turkey before baking. I could obviously cook Cannabis in the olive oil, but I'm worried that it would waste alot of weed.

One other idea I had was putting the Turkey in a brine, soaking it overnight. I would do this anyway (makes the Turkey so much juicier), but I was wondering if a good way to make weed Turkey would be to somehow infuse the brine with bud? Many brines call for half water, half vegetable stock (+ seasonings, sugar, salt). I was thinking maybe if I made some homemade vegetable stock (which has some -not a lot- of olive oil in it) I could possibly have a THC-infused brine? Again, I'm worried that in the end this process may be wasteful.

Any other ideas? Would what I suggested work?

Haha, you both need to embrace the idiotic logic behind this.

I totally get extra points for degree of difficulty.

Stuffing the turkey with some buds. Would make a good novelty. Everyone sitting around the dinner table ready to carve the turkey and pull out a few buds.

From a cooks perspective and considering the fact I've done it at home cronic is one hell of a seasoning. I just take some of my most flavorful buds and let them dry really well. Then. Use my trusty chef knife to dice the bud like parsley. I then add one part diced bud to one part rub. Somerize has a nice flavorful line of seasonings that mix well with weed. Bam!!! Instant turkey rub!

If you make or have some cannabutter you mix coarse ground black pepper into the butter, slit the turkey skin and poke the butter under the turkey skin (you make a slit and force 1 of your fingers into the slit to break the contact between the skin and meat as far as your finger can fit in, keeping the slit small), the butter melts and with the fat of the turkey it is absorbed into the meat.

You now have cannaturkey ;)

Ok its a bit late for this post, but easter is getting close :)

:peace:

No Easter this year HIE... ;)

For your turkey and possibly your stuffing i would recomend using any s.a.g.e. strain, hie had a brilliant idea lets build on it; any injector with any type of seasoning liquid will work, here's one, s.a.g.e with cajun liquid-you can pretty much use as much bud as you want, the spicy liquid will keep your bud from overpowering the turkey, the slots on the injector are big enough to allow the bud to pass through if you just do a course chop or a chaffanade, plus a good s.a.g.e strain will compliment the turkey and dressing. Another idea is to make your own cranberry sauce by adding any and i mean any sweet berry strain just before conjealment then with the finished product either enjoy on the side after it solidifies, or do a nice underskin injection or rub, just a thought i had.

I am so hungy right now after reading this......I wonder why? Lol

ok I always use 1 bottle white wine and 2 cubes of butter. then I place herbs and garlic under the skin above all the top meat and I stuff some inside of the bird as well....

this a martha stewart recipe and always is tender because of the alcohol...hmmmmmmm and it makes it smell tase and bit finer IMO...

I could never cook a holiday meal this way too many kids and sober adults would be stoned and acting funky..

Latest posts

Back