PDA

View Full Version : Goldilocks Grow

Pages : [1] 2 3

tcbud
12-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Goldilocks Grow!
Medical MJ Grow
This being our third grow, the first being late, the second being early, this one should be just right.

The Mama clones are here.....
found them over in Humbolt County.... the info below comes from the grower.
paid $15 each....

2 Pot of Gold, Hybrid of:
Skunk #1 x Hindu Kush
Indica Dominant
Skunk #1 considered a Root Hybrid and Kush from Hindu Kush Mountains in the Kashmir region of Pakistan and India.
I bought some of this bud when I got the clones. :fly: We both were very very impressed and happy we got this strain as a Mama.

1 Trainwreck,
Humbolt Counties only original strain (80%Sativa 20%Indica)

1 Caboose, Hybrid of:
Salmon Creek BigBud (local variation on Classic BigBud) x Trainwreck (50% Sativa 50% Indica between the two)

The Caboose, over the three days she traveled with us, developed the discoloration on her leaves.
As of right now they are on the kitchen table with two natural floresent light bulbs near them. They will be transplanted tomarrow into three gallon pots and put under the bank of floresents I have for vedging. The soil I will be using will be Fox Farms Potting Soil, as they were out of OceanForest.

The Game Plan as of this post is to make clones from these Mama's for two other people besides ourselves. Allowing two and a half months to grow the Mamas. The clones should be taken in mid Febuary, rooted and transplanted then grown inside from March to mid May. They will be on a 14/10 hour light cycle as that should be close to what will be happening when they go out mid May. We are gonna try something different this year. Instead of just pots to grow them in, we will be diggin' down into the hard clay type soil about 12 inches putting gravel on the bottom for drainage then filling with soil. On top of this we will put the pots without their bottoms, so the roots have more space we hope. The Trainwreck clones will be in pots only, as they are Sativa Dominant and may have to finish inside in the fall. We will be growing Six Plants to Harvest.

There is also a good possibility that we will be growing some Auto Flowering seeds I was given last spring. If we do, they should be about to flower mid May when they are put out. That I am gonna have to read up on more.

andy52
12-13-2008, 09:44 PM
great variety,good luck

UKgirl420
12-13-2008, 10:32 PM
looking forward to seeing you grow some more wonderfull buds tcbud ,,,pulled up my stool and reserved my spot :watchplant:

:48:

tcbud
12-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Finished editing, just wanted to see how it looks up on the "New Post's" page.

4u2sm0ke
12-14-2008, 12:49 AM
looks great GOLDIE ..sorry about my PM box..i will delete the unwanted ones..lol..just afraid to delete something needed,,lol Heres some GREEN MOJO for the new ones. Pulling up milk crate to smoke my :bong1: and :watchplant:

Thorn
12-15-2008, 11:28 AM
gonna be great to see this grow progress :)

BuddyLuv
12-15-2008, 11:42 PM
I'll be popping in from time to time.

tcbud
12-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Not much yet to report. Did get the girls transplanted. They will be making their home under the stairs. Up off the cement on 2x6's. The downstairs is quite warm because ths stove is down there, so I am up and down most of the day checking the temps under the light. Looks like it is holding at 70 degrees under the light. Between the fire going, the lights pounding on them, and the cold cold cement floor, 70 sounds good.:watchplant:

4u2sm0ke
12-16-2008, 05:42 AM
if you want to raise the temps a bit..may i sujest 1" styrofoam placed on cement floor? Makes a great insolator..2" is great but you could get away with 1"..Home DePOT sells 4x8...or look out back of a Mirror store..they useally throw away 1" pieces 3x3..2x2...3x6..and so on..just need to enjoy puzzles..Keep us posted..but most of all KEEP M GREEN:bolt::bong:

tcbud
12-19-2008, 05:13 PM
I am considering going all organic. Can anyone tell me if it makes a difference in the flavor of the finished bud? Or crop size difference? And, what organic products do you recomend? Last year I used Fox Farms products almost exclusively. I was happy with the results, and am not sure if they are organic or not. Pretty sure not, as I do not remember reading the word organic on the packages/bottles. I did have some Advanced Nutrients liquid bloom food, and I think it was organic. The reason I am considering going strictly organic is, my daughter is into the "organic" "vedgetarian" lifestyle and is telling me it would be better smoke if I grew organic.

eastla_kushsmoka
12-19-2008, 06:57 PM
humbolts trainwreck is the shiiiiznit i wish i could find somemore had some 2 years ago was stoned after second hit

tcbud
12-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Last night noticed a problem with one of the clones. The trainwreck is dying.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35740
Pics and comments in the above post.

tcbud
12-30-2008, 06:10 PM
The clones are doing well. The Caboose is a much darker green than the Pot of Gold clones (I wonder if it being a more sativa dominant plant is the reason). The Pot of Gold clones have also contracted spider mites somehow. They are not apparent on the Caboose (they are about eight inches apart under the light). I used some Fox Farms "Dont Bug Me!" last night on all three, hope that works out. Will use it again in a couple days.

4u2sm0ke
12-30-2008, 10:17 PM
:ciao: tcbud..Glad to hear you are going "ORGANIC".. I am too..you do know FF is all organic accept "Tiger Bloom".. and as for Nutes I have attached a link that may be of help..HAPPY NEW YEAR my friend And I use that Dont Bug me..just do as it says on the bottle..and get some neem oil if you dont me me saying..those pesky little buggers get ammuned to stuff..so i mix it up..I will look for the thread that has an ORGANIC bug killer here..I think either Mutt or TBG has a thread on how to..I did some over the summer time for white flies..well im comeing down off me high :bolt::bong:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199784&postcount=1

:bong:

Ettesun
01-07-2009, 01:56 PM
:lama:

Here I am! Been out of sight but hopefully not out of mind! :giggle:
Wanted to check in. I'm going to make a point of taking time to stay on top of things now that the holidays and the grandkids (3) are settled in school. I've been one busy gal... running up and down the northwest and working here gardening... Yikes... and now taking care of kids. They are a joy! But dang... why do they need three square meals a day???? What's up with that! :rofl:
I haven't cooked this much for years!
Next time your in Humboldt, please call!
Sending hugs to you and all my other buddies here on M.P.
Off to work... :watchplant:

tcbud
01-07-2009, 07:21 PM
feeding kids three squares a day.....
hum....
seem to remember something like that...

Since I am here, I guess I should update.

Plants went into flower just as I thot they would. The plan now is to let them finish, adding a couple bulb type floresents for the other part of the spectrum. Then in the spring head to the coast agian, buy some clones there and fill out my allowed amount of plant that way.

To much going on now to try to revedge these. And I want a mini vacation comming up real soon. Motor home to the beach sounds like the ticket. (Husband) Did get the timer figured out finally, why do they make those instructions so hard for me to understand>???? I hate reading manuals to begin with, let alone with the reading glasses on and a magnifying glass!

Be good people and gentle with each other.

tcbud
02-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Quick update on the girls.
(didnt turn out quick)

Looked yesterday at them and seems that one of the Pot of Golds is re-vedeging! I still have them on 14 hours of light. She is throwing the tell tale one leaf, instead of five. I am ashamed to say, while the plants were being neglected by me two came down with a real bad case of spider mites. I have been spraying them every few days now that they have my attention again. Hope to get that under controll. Especially now that one is re-vedging and I have hope for some clones.

I did buy some seeds when on the coast last week. Six Blueberry, four Flo. They were perported to be directly from the famous D.J. Short. I was told he hand delivers them because he knows the owner of the shop. They are some beautiful dark spotted seeds. Is amazing how much trust is placed when growing MJ. I am trusting that these seeds produce what I was told they would. But then, when ordering on the net you dont even get to see the seeds first. But you usually get the bonus of some extra seeds thrown in with the order. Below are the discriptions of the seeds I bought.

Blueberry

Blueberry is a mostly Indica (80% Indica, 20% Sativa) strain, that dates to the late 1970's. A large producer under optimum conditions. A dense and stout plant with red, purple and finally blue hues that usually cure to a lavender blue. The finished product has a very fruity aroma and taste of blueberry. It produces a notable and pleasantly euphoric high of the highest quality and is very long lasting. Medium to large calyxes. " Blueberry" has a long shelf life and stores well over a long period of time. Specifications: ~ Flowering: 45-55 days ~ Height: 70-100 cm

Flo

Original Flo is a Sativa/Indica cross (60% Sativa, 40% Indica) with very Sativa phenotypic characteristics that also matures very early. The large, tight, spear shaped buds are made up of small, densely packed purple calyxes. The plants are taller and like to branch out. Indoors the buds are fully mature by the end of their sixth week. Outdoors the plant is a super producer when multi-harvested over a period of time. The first buds are ripe around the third week of September. About every ten days after that, new buds form and can be harvested through the end of November, if the plant can be kept alive that long. Therefore, "Flo" is ideal for greenhouse production. The motivational "high" produced by the "Flo" is quite unique, the flavor is like Nepalese Temple Hash. A most pleasant and enjoyable experience. Specifications: ~ Flower: 6-7 weeks ~ Harvest: 3rd or 4th week of Sept.

Below
1. Trainwreck, tall and lean like a sativa should be.
2. Pot of Gold, tale tale signs of re-vedging.

Please remember these plants have been seriously neglected by me. They have had the bare essential watering and three feedings since they have started to flower the beginning of the year. I am gonna start the Pot of Gold on "Grow Big" for it's next feeding.
(Some posts may be seen on another site, I'm keeping a back up journal)

pcduck
02-08-2009, 06:40 PM
For being deprived they still look good.:aok:

UKgirl420
02-09-2009, 12:59 AM
[B][/Blooking good TC bud :48:]

tcbud
02-09-2009, 01:06 AM
Thank you both. The girls just got transplanted into three gallong containers. Both of the Pot of Gold are re-vedging. The Caboose looks like it is still flowering. The Pot of Gold puts off quite a strong aroma. All three got sprayed for spidermites. Also added in some b12 stuff for shock.

4u2sm0ke
02-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Those ar looking great tcbud..I hope you get those spider mites under control they are terrable..I now mist my plants every day..I used Dr Doom 3 weeks ago they just got outta hand..even had to pull some on account they didnt look good and not sure if I could have beat them on those plants..stay on top of them girl...dont let them over take your garden..good luck and look forward to the next update:bolt::bong:

Thorn
02-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Hey tc, how are you and your plants doing? Hope your ok :)

UKgirl420
02-26-2009, 01:38 PM
:yeahthat: update required :48:

pcduck
02-26-2009, 02:48 PM
:yeahthat: :bolt: :bong2:

4u2sm0ke
02-26-2009, 04:36 PM
HELLO.....................we need our FIX :watchplant:

tcbud
02-26-2009, 06:11 PM
The three girls are doing well revedging. The Caboose (sativa dom) is putting on more height and stretching her buds out in the revedge process with three leaves. The Pot of Gold's are staying more squat, they are putting on some nice single leaves. I have not put my seeds in the ground/peet pots/soil, yet. I also have a whole bag of excuses why not but won't list.
Thanks for the interest everyone. Will get the camera out and take some photos soon.

thedonofchronic
02-26-2009, 06:28 PM
thrichome goodness...

4u2sm0ke
02-26-2009, 08:52 PM
:watchplant:

kushman44
02-26-2009, 10:44 PM
:postpicsworthless:

tcbud
02-27-2009, 04:59 PM
This thread is MY GROW JOURNAL!
It may be worthless without pics....
If you want to see pic's Kushman,
head over to early start grow and look at some nice plants I grew last summer. (the last pages are plants in bud and jars)
Oh, and I think there are some pictures somewhere in the Gallery.
Thanks for stopping by guys and girls.

Ettesun
02-28-2009, 12:20 AM
:lama:
I'm just getting back in the spirit of the site... I miss everybody!
Hey, I just got some slips of Train Wreck X White Rhino and 'something weighty and purple' from a friend... so I'm real excited. Making mommas.
I'll be posting soon again under a different name because my Ettesun name is on google. I don't really like that... Not sure how that happened. But it did.
Let me know when you come back to Humboldt.
Hugs. :peace:

tcbud
03-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Soaked the seeds seven hours in water. Got the peat pellets nice and wet. About ten last night pushed those seeds down into the peat pellets. Put plastic wrap over the tray and put it on a heating pad. They should be up in a couple days and then I will move them under the light as soon as I see the first seed moving the dirt. Right now they are in the living room on the floor. I just cant put that heating pad down under the light right now due to lack electrical outlet in the area the light is in. I wish for the plants to be upstairs, but with all the remodeling happening upstairs here it just isnt in the cards.
Included a picture of the saran covered tray. The seeds are the Flo and Blueberry.

The girls downstairs are stinking up the area. The trainwreck has put on prolly ten inches, the pot of gold maybe four. They have had to be staked they are getting so heavy.

UKgirl420
03-10-2009, 12:21 AM
heavy girls how wonderful TC ,,:48:

tcbud
03-11-2009, 05:35 PM
This morning I checked the seeds, lo and behold, seven of ten are up! Three Flo and four Blueberry. One of the Flo has the seed case on the first leaves still. I hate that. My experience says it wont make it. We will see. Now that the seedlings are downstairs and under the light I really have to pay better attention to what is going on down there. The large plants are doing fine still. Pictures when I get the first portraits of the seedlings, I promise.

And yes sir ee, I like heavy girls too!

tcbud
03-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Find below for your viewing pleasure,

1. Reflowered Caboose
2. Reflowered Pot of Gold

From what I see down there, one Pot of Gold is covered with spidermites. I thot we had that taken care of, the husband says they came back. Now that the little seedlings are down there I am paying better attention to the other plants (or will from today on). One Pot of Gold seems to be still clear of Mites. The Caboose I sprayed anyway, it is very close to the infected plant. Kinda embarassing to put up pics of that area down there, let alone spider mite covered plants.:eek: Also, I now have a small "growlite" down there.

BuddyLuv
03-15-2009, 09:39 PM
mites are relentless. It took me months of rotating treatments to eradicate them. (atleast I hope)

UKgirl420
03-16-2009, 12:32 AM
hope the mites pack up and leave soon,,:bolt:,,,thanks 4 the pics :D

pcduck
03-16-2009, 01:06 AM
What a bummer on those mites.
I hate them, hope you can get rid of them.

tcbud
04-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Yesterday my hope for the summer were transplanted into gallon containers. We are still using Fox Farm Potting Soil. They will grow the next four weeks, when I hope they will have sexed and be ready for taking clones from them. I have half a mind to put one out with the other girls, Pot of Gold and Caboose. The plants from seed last year that were put out about now were the biggest in the garden. This year I hope we dont have the forest fires we had last year.

I have moved the Pot of Gold and Caboose outside under a visquine covered frame. With the milder temps I think they will be alright. I just want them to finish. I took a bud from the lower part of the Caboose and liked it real well, it was maybe 10% amber. Poor confused Girls.

The group picture has the 3 Flo on the left, with the 6 Blueberry on the right. Note the blue looking tops on the plants and where the leave hits the stem (pic 2 and 3). Not purple like last year, this year it is BLUE! Pic 6 is the only picture of the FLO's, the rest are Blueberry. :D

UKgirl420
04-07-2009, 11:57 PM
that blue is real pretty ,,,dam tc you grow great coloured budz :D looking forward to seeing another spectacular grow this year ,,but fingers crossed and good vibes your way the fires stay dampened this year :peace:

tcbud
04-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks UKgirl, I was just looking out the window at the older females outside. I'm hoping the cooler temps kill the heck out of the spider mites that have inundated them. I have three kinds of spray and the little ones have been sprayed (to the point of almost death on two) a lot and dont seem to be putting on any more of those yellow dots that cover the older girls.

Also...
Found a "Volunteer" out in one of my pots from last year. I made seeds on one plant early in the season. I can hardly believe that seed stayed there since then and is now comming up. It is almost three inches tall! I dont know if it is gonna make the cut and go all the way to flower. My grow is limited this year to six plants, due to the county going back to "State Guidelines". I have heard many will grow over the amount allowed due to lack of law enforcement and the controversy over "Recomended Amounts". I see the Doc today so I will mention this to him and see if he will write down "Recomended 12 Plants". Dont think he will, but I can try. I will stay within guidelines even if he writes twelve probably.

pcduck
04-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Looking real nice tcbud:aok:

tcbud
04-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Just came up from watering and visiting the plants under the stairs. I inspected each one with a jewelers loop, and I found...................
1 male
1 female
both blueberry.
The rest still undetermined.
Whoop!

pcduck
04-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Congrats on the female blueberry :yay:

4u2sm0ke
04-11-2009, 05:46 PM
:ciao: tcbud...sorry been a while..plants looking good even with the mites..thats a battle we all face..Hope you get them under control..andits best to stay with in your laws..I havent:giggle: But this is first and last time i OVERGROW my limits. Where did the bluebarry come from..and with a male and female..are you makeing any F2? Take care and be safe:bolt::watchplant::bong:

tcbud
04-12-2009, 03:13 PM
I guess I am making F2, crossing between the same strain. Got the seeds over on the coast at a "resource center". Said they were DJ short seeds, I cant know that for sure tho. Said they were "hand delivered" by him to the owner of the center. They are nice plants, all seeds popped and I am pleased with them. Results will tell I guess. Thanks for stopping in....and Happy Easter to All.

UKgirl420
04-12-2009, 11:10 PM
happy easter tc ,,,congrats on the ladies and good luck with the f2 :peace:

tcbud
04-15-2009, 02:59 PM
:D Yesterday before heading out to the Valley to get some soil and braving the High winds projected down there....

I found that I have 3 male Blueberry now, from little nanna's I found, and three female Blueberry, they had hair. Also, of the three Flo...Two are showing hair. I am very satisfied with the 50/50 turn out of these seeds.:)

And as for yesterday....
We headed out and down the Mountain, going to a place south of Chico, CA. Durham Worm Farm in the small farming community of Durham. Says it is on Lasalle Lane on it's website, but no, I did have to ask directions from a kindly store keeper ( I missed the small sign as I was looking for Lasalle Lane). The wind was blowing so hard (40 mph the news said), I had to hold my hat on my head. If I lived in the Midwest, I would have been looking for a tornado. There were actual "anvil" shaped clouds all around. I was in the valley ten years or so ago, bout this same time of year, and a tornado did touch down near the town of Red Bluff.....:eek:
anyway..back to the worm farm.
hxxp://www.thewormfarm.net/ (http://www.thewormfarm.net/)
We picked up a yard of compost with 20% worm castings for about $65, they offered a yard of just worm castings for $200 a yard. They even took an ATM card! It is beautiful black soil with some wood in it. We covered it and headed to Feather Falls Casino where I won enough to cover the gas, lunch/dinner and the soil with some left over for the SF trip.:D I just love Glenda the Good Which of the North.
This soil looks freaking great! WOW is it gonna be rich in nitrogen. I figured out what a yard of Fox Farm Ocean Forest would cost (bout $120 estimating 3 square feet in a bag, I wasnt sure of this amount in each bag) and this soil looks every bit as good as FF OF. The two bags of Ocean Forest I have I am gonna use for potting baby plants and clones.
Then I wake up this morning to some heavy frost outside, I think it is still 30 degrees and it is almost 9am. Today we clean up the garden area and put in some peas.:D

The girls outside have been very brave staying out in the cold. They are bundled up with cardboard and plastic. Poor girls. I want to put out one of my new blueberry girls now......but dayum, it was so cold last night. May be next week.

4u2sm0ke
04-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Hello tcbud...thanks for the update. and good for you to battle the elemants and head out..sounds as tho it paid off.:clap:.I too grew with OF last season..I thought it more expensive then some good local organic mix that I use now...the thing is that its seasonal here in washington..esp...the worm casts..so come the middle of aug..i buy a trailer load and fill Plastic garbage cans ( GREEN ones) for the Fall grow...Cant wait to see how the Ladies like that new stuff..I bet they expload and kick yer ars:rofl: That worm poo is great stuff..and was you keeping any of the Males ? and have you any of your crosses going? Wow..I need some more of your PURPLE porn:lama: and Im heading outside to do some tilling me self..Ill check back in Later..enjoy your day:ciao::bolt::bong:

tcbud
04-16-2009, 12:46 AM
yep, making seeds between female blueberry and male blueberry. Seems like I cant go wrong if I stay within the same strain.....right?
I belive I misdiognosed the one male Flo, I believe now she is female, three for three, whoop!

UKgirl420
04-16-2009, 01:48 AM
:yay: on the females and the one lucky guy :D

tcbud
04-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Unloaded the truck yesterday. The soil is so beautiful, we got all this out of one cubic yard! I remember gold mining and always being so amazed how much a cubic yard really is. Also pictured is the long and lanky Caboose. She is currently under plastic, as it froze again last night. Last years soil is also pictured, that will be spread over the bulbs and trees around the house. Husband said there were hundreds of worms in our old soil in the contianers and in the new soil, new soil had "baby" worms.

Colorado Lady
04-16-2009, 04:49 PM
`That's some pretty soil tcbud and not a bad cost either.
I'm germinating seeds today, White Russian and Chemo. Then under a 6700k. cfl until about May 12, our last frost day. Getting hard frosts now also. Proud of my pretty perrenials, all sticking up out of the snow. Put down grass seed, under straw, and now yard is full of birds and chipmunks EATTING MY SEED!!!!!!!!!!The little darlins.
Sure hope I'm not the only lady who goes silly with the spring and new growth etc....I lOVE SPRINGTIME

pcduck
04-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Looks like you are going to be busy for a little while;):farm:

Congrats on the misdiagnosis and the girl :yay:

eastla_kushsmoka
04-23-2009, 04:10 PM
hey tcbud hows the weather up there?

tcbud
04-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Update on a confusing time telling male from female.

As of now....

2 Flo
and
2 blueberry
Females.

3 dead male blueberry
1 live male blueberry for seeds I hope.
1 he/she Flo, probably heading to the compost heap soon. Super male, lol.

It never used to be this hard. The flo are putting out more hairs than I have ever seen come out of a preflower yet. The Blueberry have such small preflowers I can barely see them with a loop. From ten seeds, four females, not as good as a few posts ago. I did not run a fan on these plants, this may be the reason for the low female ratio.

Now there are 2 flo and 2 blueberry. We have one Goo on the way, and the volunteer in the garden. I dont see much hope for the volunteer, no way am I gonna have one from my hermi from last year come up to flower. The side branches are not comming out very fast, so I have done a little super cropping on two of them on the down low...shhhhh dont tell anyone.

And the weather is beautiful today, a bit under seventy. Lovely.

pcduck
04-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi Tc :ciao: I don't think the fan would influence your ratio unless it was causing a severe temperature drop. I have been trying to stay on the same course that Mutt described in his sticky on Here Is How To Produce Mostly Females From Standard Seeds (http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21546) it works pretty well for me.

tcbud
05-04-2009, 01:50 PM
More Drama down under the stairs.

Found a girl going over to the dark side yesterday. She is over and so far beyond the edge she is gonna be dead by this afternoon. I had such hopes for this grow. One more Flo went hermi. All the way to alternating nodes she displays some beautiful hairy preflowers. Her "brother/sister" plant is discussed in this thread,
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=464992#post464992 .
For seeds suposedly from DJShort, these seeds are hermi hermi hermi. I dont have much hope now for the third and final Flo. With the two blueberry that are left I am watching them very closely.
Looks like I am gonna be clone shopping in a couple weeks. Maybe I have jinked the Grow by thinking it will be like Goldilocks and the third bowel of poridge. :confused:

tcbud
05-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Oh, I harvested both of the Pot of Gold that were outside. I am smoking some I took and like it real well. So nice to be smoking green pot again.

Hick
05-04-2009, 02:04 PM
For seeds suposedly from DJShort, these seeds are hermi hermi hermi.
..boy howdee!...

4u2sm0ke
05-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Sorry to hear of the Hermies..is a dissapointment after all that time spent huh? wishing you better luck on the next grow..take care and be safe my friend:bolt::bong:

tcbud
05-04-2009, 02:56 PM
I agree, next time I am in Arcata, the Eye Center (where I purchased these seeds) is gonna get an "Earfull" from me. At ten a seed, I am a bit irritated by all these transvestites. I dont care how they dress, I just want a female to be a female.

pcduck
05-04-2009, 03:53 PM
What a bummer on the hermies. Better luck in your next grow.

tcbud
05-05-2009, 02:23 PM
This is my "next grow". It won't be complete till next fall, these are just setbacks.........headachey setbacks.....still got a few clones on order.....some Affgoo.....and......we will see.....
No giving up just cause some seed plants herm....
oh, and I do have the seeds "black and bubble gum" cross I got from a friend (just dont want to grow something not tried and tested, you know?)
back to the drawing board as they say......

Pothead420
05-05-2009, 02:25 PM
got some nice clones there:hubba: thats a bummer about the Flo hermies his seed stock is pretty solid. hes one of the only breeders that back crosses his strains for stability. are you sure you didnt get some F2s someone made from his stock. i say that cause i seen nothing but good thing's about DJs strains including the flow :confused:

tcbud
05-05-2009, 02:40 PM
I am only going by what "the guy" said who sold them to me at the Eye Center in Arcata California. His exact words were.....
"These seeds were hand delivered to the owner by DJ Short himself." I nodded and bought them. I took that with a grain of salt, just wanted some seeds. The Blueberry seem to be stable and not herming. Maybe Flo just didnt like living under the stairs. Who knows, I do know I am watching the last female Flo real close now.

Pothead420
05-06-2009, 08:20 AM
thats all you can do.:rolleyes: but the BB is a very nice strain i smoked it a few times:cool::D

UKgirl420
05-06-2009, 12:41 PM
well as you say onwards and upwards ,,,im sure/know you will get another wonderful looking garden full of female beautys again this year ,,
trials and tribulations make it a much more intresting time :):peace:

4u2sm0ke
05-06-2009, 12:45 PM
hey tc...Im sure that supplier will make right..Have you tried to call them? maybe they are aware and are waiting to make right with those that purchased that strain.. sending some
for the Blueberry:ciao:

tcbud
05-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Once again and it is Mother's Day:cool: . Last year we put our plants out on Mothers day and they imediately started to flower. This year, I have adjusted the vedging floresent light to give 14 hours of "light" and if my calculations are correct, we should have at least 14 hours of real light now at my place in the world.

1. over all garden, lavender, tomatoes, lovage, snowpeas, sage, celantro, onions and carrots (not shown in the long container) are all included in the garden this year.
2. shows the mom's in the back of garden
3. mother blueberry
4. mother flo
5. volunteer of America! Prolly not gonna make it....Purple plants are not what I want this year...I did find one seed in my Mango from last year tho....it has not shown sex, and is almost the same age as the Mom's grown inside.

Next Saturday we will be taking as many clones as we can get from these two plants. # 4 is the Flo seed sister to my hermi's and we will be watching her like a hawk and her clones (I hesitate here but will be doing it anyway). The Blueberry has three or four potential clones on her too, the one not pictured in a close up (left in group pic) does not look like she's gonna have any potential clones. I want the soil to dry out some, as it is soaked, and the transplant shock to be overwith when we take the clones. They will be going into the Easy Cloner under the light under the stairs.:)

I have just found out I may be a caretaker to another Medical Marijauna Person. They will be getting their own clones and I will be growing them here. May be.:D oh yes.....more plants....

tcbud
05-12-2009, 03:43 PM
The game plan changes...

Now I will be a caretaker, and will be growing inside the guidelines of my county as a caretaker. Six more plants will be allowed to flower. I realize I dont have that many yet. Just talked to "the Guy" and he says what is one the plate this year are.....

Pot of Gold, like that one, smokin it right now.
Northern Lights, love that one, been waiting to get more (possibley take a clone for a mother)
Amethyst, tho it is a light purple, I will grow it
Sugar Grandaddy Purple, My personal fave from last year
Goo, this is a possible.

Will be getting a mix of these totaling nine more plants (may get ten, then I can pull the female Flo that I am almost sure will hermi at some point). I may not take clones at this weekend as planned, from the blueberry. (but then this is a fluid grow, nothing set in granite) Will have the exact line up later this evening. Thank Goodness for "the Guy". (The aforementioned "the Guy" is Not to be confused with "the Guy" at the Eye Center that sold me the Special Hermi seeds, just want to make that "crystal clear".)

tcbud
05-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Well, not really in the mail, but I did pick up the mail when I met "the Guy" with the clones.

1. the line up is...
4 Afgoo front row
2 Grandaddy Purple
3 Pot of Gold back row, and tallest.
Sadly the Northern Lights was not ready yet. Looks like these girls have spidermites, we will be spraying them when they get older, the guy says they will be fine outside and were sprayed once. hummm.:rolleyes:

2. Male/female hermi, the Super Male. These two and one more on the back are the only male flowers showing on this plant. They are odd, each one has a kind of membrane or tissue over them, not at all like the Blueberry male I have in the other room. One flower has tried to open and has had trouble breaking thru that membrane.

3. Male/female hermi, the female flowers forming at the top of the plant. So many hairs for so few seed pods. I am hoping to bring her to maturity and smoke her on July Fourth.:D She will not be going out with the others, she will finish in the window sill of a spare bedroom. She counts as one in flower.

So at the ranch now, we have twelve in vedge, and two in flower, and one Caboose hanging. The Pot of Gold has been jared. It is wonderful night high and brings with it a full eight hours of sweet blissful sleep.

tcbud
05-13-2009, 01:55 PM
I was just gonna put up one of the garden last evening when done transplanting the new girls. But, looking down at the garden from my desk.... the garden says take one from here. I will be putting up the "birds" eye view more thru this journal, we can see the entire garden this way as the girls block each other out, all can be seen from above.
Temp. 6 AM this morning 44, chance of showers PM. 90's forecast for this weekend.
Also included something blooming in the yard.

420benny
05-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Good morning TC! We have something else in common, irises. I have many varieties . My most prolific ones look like your purple one. Does yours smell like grape bubble gum? I love this time of year. Can't wait to see your garden grow. My starts will be hardened off by Friday and in dirt this weekend. Yaaahhhoooo!

tcbud
05-13-2009, 02:23 PM
I dont know how they smell really, I just dig them up and move them occasionally. They got dug up two years ago, and have not really dont well since. I fertilized them this year pretty good and covered them with last years soil from the pot garden. They have come up stronger than last year, and low, I have had three stalks with blooms on them. I am kinda a low maintainance gardener. And on a very limited water supply. So, iris dont get a lot of attention. I do grow rocks and wild flora (insert weeds and black berrys) pretty well. Otherwise it is barren out there after a good weed eating session. I did put in a tree once, bout the size of a tomatoe plant, it is still growing, it seems to put on five to eight feet a year, it is well over thirty feet now. It is a Royal Popalonia, sposed to have purple clusters of flowers, like a wisteria, but i am yet to see any, it has one more year to flower, if not then it gets the chop, it is gettting too big and crowding out a fir tree I started from a plug twenty years ago. Thanks for looking in on the journal benny, you did real well with that entry for bpom, it took me five entries to even get one vote!

tcbud
05-14-2009, 05:20 PM
1. Pile on the left, .595 oz.
2 piles on right, .9 oz. dry weight.
2. The pile I am smoking from.

Pot of Gold being an indica dom plant, I was not able to let it go to it's full maturity. This being all fine by me, it is very mental, with still enough kick to let you sleep a good eight hours. If the Pot of Gold clones I planted the other day are as good, I am gonna be a real happy camper at the end of the season.

The Caboose is hanging in the dark now.:D

Colorado Lady
05-14-2009, 06:19 PM
I sure am enjoying your grow tcbud, such happy plants. Think they know we love them (at least would love them to grow up and be fine healthy ladies) I am an iris lover also and bought some beautiful starts a few years ago driving through Oregon. Go out and bury your nose in one when you have a chance. I get positively goofy when I smell them. They just fill me up!!! Right now mine are just making buds and can hardly wait.

tcbud
05-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Yep Colorado, I think they know we love them. I did head over to the iris yesterday and took this pic, got a good whif of it too. You and benny are right, it did smell real nice. I wish I had enough to cut some and bring them in. Here is the iris in focus, I finally was able to get one in focus.
I try to put pics in weekly, or will as they are out and growing now.:D
Thanks for stopping in and taking a look.

tcbud
05-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Seven days clones have been in the cloner, I think we took 10 or so or so (am going to be more vauge on numbers from here out). They have only shown bumps on a few. Most are Blueberry and a few Flo, I want to kill all the Flo (I have one in the garden who's days are numbered, with all the problems I had with these seeds,I am not gonna chance her turning he while I am not looking). I think I will, or give them to my brother, he has not had Hermi problems yet. :rolleyes: Not. Wouldnt do that, I dont think.:rolleyes: The clones starts were kinda small, am hoping for six to come thru with flying colors.

1. Today, the Garden got a well deserved face lift:cool: . Water was plumbed from the faucet that gives the best preasure. The Drip System (along with all the particulars) hooked up in the Garden with a 25 foot hose on a Y.
2. New kind of containers we found at the hydro store yesterday after picking up the needed pipe. (saw some real nice indoor lights, one like our T5 priced way higher than we paid.) These are made of cloth, and "breathe" as the guy said (he also said they would "air prune" the roots, hummmmmm), they feel like felt. We will see if they are better than the larger hydro pots. We have put the extra soil from the worm casting/compost into one, and the other two have Happy Frog Soil one bag each, gonna have to get some more....and I thot our soil buying was done.:confused:

I am quite happy with the outcome of today's labor, mostly his labor.:D I help as I can or am asked, otherwise I just kinda find something else to do like laundry.
I threw in the Wild Iris, there are clumps all round the house, very pretty. More like the Dutch Iris varity. The Iris are done here, wild or not.

Colorado Lady
05-23-2009, 09:43 PM
hey there tcbud Like the pics of your garden. You mentioned you were growing lovage. Isn't that a celery type plant? Do you use it in cooking? I had a big bunch in my garden in Montana, over 6 ' tall. Finally had to take it out. Just wondering what you use it for.

Here's a pic of one of my irises, all just starting to bloom, after the rain.

4u2sm0ke
05-24-2009, 02:18 AM
:ciao: tcbud...love the purple again on the pot of gold...The isisses look great..you and ColoradoLady have some lovely ones..I grew them a few years back..beautifull colors..always a pleasure to come stop by you place..you and Hubby are doing a great job..well gotta grow now..until next time..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

tcbud
05-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Wow on that Iris, I dont think I have ever seen one with spots. Beautiful. (in edit, guess I should look before I comment, those "spots" are water drops.....)
The husband bought the lovage, he likes celery salt, read on the lable it tastes like celery (leaves, stems and seeds). So...it was moved to the garden near a rose bush. It can get some protection there with the rose behind a hog wire fence. I just read yesterday it can get from two to six feet....that is a bit tall. And you ask, now why if he likes celery salt, why not eat celery? He says it is too crunchy to chew.....wont say why here in public, but he is 57. Gonna try the leaves in a Macaroni Salad next time I make one. I will use it in soup next winter, in turkey soup and chicken with rice, have to put celery in too, so it may be redundant. Will try the seeds in chinese stir fry, see how that goes...I guess.

Thanks for comming by and lookin' in. (you too 4u, bet you are still busy busy busy with that shed, you start the remodel yet?)

Looking at the potential clones this morning, I am wondering if any will make it and started discussing some Northern Lites clones the "clone guy" said would be ready first of June. If they dont show roots by next thursday, I will be seriously considering calling him ( I did insist the light get lowered on them, he had it over 12 inches away and some of the leaves were yellowing, now the light is 2-3 inches and holding at 75 degrees, now if I could just win the arguement on watering....). I prolly will call the "clone guy" and finish the line up, with a couple Northern Lites anyway, really liked that a couple years ago. I write the longest run on sentences........

tcbud
05-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Oh...and thank you for stoppin' by too pcduck, your growing outside too?

pcduck
05-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Oh...and thank you for stoppin' by too pcduck, your growing outside too?

Absolutely doing the outdoor thing, tcbud.

I think I got/will have 11 different strains out by beginning of July:)

4u2sm0ke
05-25-2009, 12:16 PM
:ciao: tc...Happy Memorial Day..My shed should finsh end of juse if I can handle the heat...now th ewether is getting to the 80s the temps reach 100 at times..I run lights from 7pm till 7am its just the first couple hrs that the heat rises..I open the shed doors to allow more heat to esscape..but have to close by Dark..4400 watts of HD lights up my nieghborhood:rofl: so the remodel is comeing in July-Aug..be ready for September..Inside shed will be...

3x4 flower room 2k HPS
3x4 Veg room 1800 MH
2x4 Breading room

and still have the Male chamber as well..the breading room will be used for two chosen plants to be grown in..the reason is IMO the selective pollenating still gets some cross contamination..so this way I can let them be in own room..

I have a few outside..and hope you dont mind me shareing a few with you and your fallowers..I wish i could get some purple like yours..and someday I will..

pic1 is Crystal

pic2 is PurpleBud

pic3 is mother frosting doing scrog with her..she was a clipping from her mother that was over 8ft tall last summer from a buddies hous..he wouldnt let me photograph it tho..anyway hope you have a great day...and hope you get the clones you seek from the "clone guy" :giggle:

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

tcbud
05-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Sounds excellent 4u, been thinking myself of doing some serious indoor growing in the winter. Your three grow rooms sound great.
Your outdoor girls look Great too. You must be in MJ heaven weatherwise. Up here, Im still getting mid fourties in the morning, I know that is what slows down my girls. Us females just dont care for a chilly morning.

You have a great Memorial Day too, and all the rest of you that may stop in.
Tomorrow will come to soon....

tcbud
05-28-2009, 12:16 PM
The work week sends me home early this week. I checked the clones and shazam they have two inch roots on so many that I will be giving clones away soon. I think we will keep two and get the 4 NorthernLights as mentioned above.
The plants in the garden have put on at least two inches in the last three days! The night temps have been above 50 each night. I think the 40's are gone. Summer has come to the Mountains.
I also find myself a caretaker and renting some space in my garden to one grower. So there will be more plants than I thot I would ever grow, tho I am not really growing the plants are growing. I have been shrinking.

tcbud
05-28-2009, 01:04 PM
I just had to post a couple pics, since it started getting light, I keep looking out the window. I am always amazed when the little plants start taking off.

1. The garden, note the nice drip system at the lower right.
2. The 3 Pot of Gold, seems to have put on the most inches. Am thinking of doing LST with one.
3. left 4 Afgoo, middle Blueberry, GDP, Flo, GDP, Blueberry, mid right 3 Pot of Gold, cant see the third.
:D

tcbud
05-29-2009, 04:32 PM
1. Up side
2. Down side

out side is next for these girls:D

tcbud
05-30-2009, 01:45 PM
After finding some bug eggs last night on a couple of the girls.....

I go to get the bug spray, and.......

I find that after I took the above pic of the cloner, I inadvertantly didnt close the lid quite right. Thank goodness we have a frame with a plastic liner under that unit. It is two inches deep, the frame, and it was flooded to about an inch. This is one time I got to say thank goodness for bugs! If I had not gotten that bug spray, that was in there with the cloner, I am sure it would have over flowed before I showed the husband when he came home how well they were doing.........oh my. Disaster averted due to Bug Eggs!

Thanks for the Thanks 4u. Dont you think those roots look primevil? The stems all red......

4u2sm0ke
05-31-2009, 10:43 AM
:ciao: tc..they do look primevil:giggle: and going to smoke like the DEVIL:evil: ..this is one time i will also say..good think you got bugs:rofl: Hubby woulda scolded you he come home to dried up limp clones..He may have put you in corner and beat you with dead clones:lama: but you save the day:yay: keep up the great work..:bong:

oh do we know what type bug eggs? I have a green thing on my Ladies outside that seem to calling in the Family..lol..no sign of them eating..just camping..maybe working on an invasion huh? Have a great weekend Girl..I will..temps in the high 70 low 80 next week..small chance of rain..My Mother plant in expoading in growth..check it out..no GJ on it..but is in Put my mother in the ground in coffee table or outdoor grow..idk..lol..anyway take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

tcbud
05-31-2009, 01:27 PM
The puny lil clones are in the ground. Got some "potting soil" from a comercial dirt/rock place yesterday. I am not impressed. Bought four more of those smart pots too, filling them with the soil. It does not drain quickly. We will see. The clones look like the couple I did LST to last year. I think I will do the same and try to make them go into a circle in the big pot (I got almost a pound from those two plants last year, two in one pot). I put four and five in each pot, and will see who makes it, pulling out till I have only one strong one left (8 BB, 5 Flo). The brother got his clones, so wont need any. He is doing OGx (OG cross), and one Purps. He does not know what was crossed with the OG. I pick up four northern lights hopefully in three days, today just didnt work out.
Cant help it, I am so excited!

On a down note, thunder and lightning and perhaps rain forcast for the next few days.
Early morning temp, 51f.

And 4u, no I dont know what kind of bug eggs. They were cream color, cluster about a quarter inch worth, bug walked farther and did it again. May be what is booring across the leaf (leaveing little, can see thru the leaf where it ate), I never did see the bug. I also seem to have mites too. Those I can identify. Gonna go look for your Mother Plant on the Coffee table.....you trust us not to smoke her there?

4u2sm0ke
06-01-2009, 04:31 AM
tc...did you not get a truck load from the dirt store last year? I remember those monsters last year..looking forward to watching these..Its funny i dont have mite problems outside..very bad in tho..and my Mother plant in the coffee table is realy taken off..all ready weaved her in the fence and will do some trimming of lower stuff tomarrow...when you stop by the coffee table please answer the one that asked why i have it caged would ya please:rofl: I just wantta say go back and read..but just cant find it in me to be rude..maybe tomarrow ill be ready to answer:lama: that soil if dont drain well add some perlite to it...KEEP ME POSTED..but Most of all KEEP M GREEN:D

tcbud
06-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Below find a second story view of the Garden.

The clones are all bunched up in the three "Smart Pots", we will watch them and weed out the slowest growing. I will be trying LST with two that look strongest now ( have already bent them over and put them down with pipe cleaners). May even put a "cage" over them as 4u has done on his Outside Mom.

(I imagine you, 4u, have answered the offending post, I totally understand:rolleyes: )

I can not believe how well the older clones are doing! Doubleing in size I think from when I last took pics. The Mother plants are recovering from the clones being takin from them and are branching out nicely. If I dont get the Northern Lights today........I will be filling those empty pots with Blueberry clones. It is aready JUNE 6, time is just flying by.

We had some real thunder and lightning these last few days here in Northern California (where I was there were over 1500 strikes as it crossed the valley, drove me straight up out of bed three inches it was so freaking close! flash boom, no counting at all!!!!:eek: ). I feared for the girls getting too much water, and wind blowing them over (the taller ones). Fear was unfounded, the Plants are thriving and not drowned.:D Whoop! this garden is well on it's way!

420benny
06-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Good morning TC! I hear ya on the storm. After it left you, it came right up the valley. There were tornado and water spout warnings. Tress down all over and power out. An organic farmer 8 miles from me got wiped out by the wind and pounding rain. Big bummer. They lost 40 grand worth of veggies. I was spared. Both storms went right around me. I am going to go check on those big grow bags today.

eastla_kushsmoka
06-06-2009, 02:51 PM
got some rain down here also i actually threw my plants in the rain im sure they love it

painterdude
06-06-2009, 04:12 PM
hi tcbud and everyone watching her thread and especially the ones who experienced the storm......on the Oregon coast we had numerous lightening strikes, loud thunder which freaked out my little doggie, and one teenager got hit by a lightening strike somewhere in the state.....

tc, thanks for jumping in on my questions about the 'weird spots'....and I am enjoying this journal.....way too many hermies though....what's that all about???????

your trip to Chico must have been a blast and lots of luck with your wonderful worm crap, ha ha......

do you have any problems with the deer population? I am in fear of those guys nibbling on my plants when they get to go outside on my new deck...:heart::heart::heart::heart:painterdude

tcbud
06-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Painter, EastLA, benny, and all those who dont post a comment.......,
Thanks for stopping in. Those bags are the bomb so far benny, drained real good with all this rain.

and Painter....
I have the chicken wire all around an old frame (from a car cover canvas frame), it keeps the deer out. I used to have one plant out there, yearly and it was surrounded with hog wire. No dear eating MJ around here, I dont think they have the doctors recomendation you need to partake legal anyway. Are your deer expected up on the deck? If they are, you best figure how to keep them off there and away from your girls. The hermis all came from the Flo seeds I got on the coast. Four seeds, and I have one good female. I cloned her, but I am watching her like a hawk, if I see one nanner, she is history, and her clones are gonna get watched the same way or if the mom shows they are history too.

Have a Great week folks, see you all on the flip side.

painterdude
06-07-2009, 06:25 PM
hi tcbud.....hope your weather isn't as crappy, poo poo as ours lately, no sun and cloudy fog....but it staying in the 50's and the nights have been rather warm....

SO, what if I sent you a Personal with my e-mail, would you send me some pics of the anti-deer cage for your babies???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

I have a feeling that the deer will come up on the deck since the ramp gives them immediate access and the southwest side is just a two foot jump for the stinking plant eaters...they love the wife's flowers, especially her roses....dirty rotten bast@rds...

Oh, our deer all have Medical Marijuana Cards, and they have this Doctor Bucky who signs all their paper work....this guy is on my poo poo list.....:laugh:......thanks again tc.....painterdude

tcbud
06-10-2009, 10:14 PM
A couple quick shots from the window as it started to pour. Had to go out and turn off the drip system. Got pretty wet.
I am gonna be doing some closer shots tomorrow, weather permitting.
1. Four Afgoo
2. Four NorthernLights (put in last Saturday), with smart pot of Flo clones in back.
3. Three Pot of Gold and GDP left back

420benny
06-11-2009, 02:23 AM
Howdy TC! They are looking very nice. I checked out those pots. Kind of feel like felt to me. I couldn't afford them that day, as I needed 5 and they were 15 bucks a piece. So, I went with plastic. I decided I am going to go back and buy one just to try it. How big are yours?

tcbud
06-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Hello Benny,
Husband says they are 45 gallons. Cost was $15 I think. They make them bigger, and if I can work it out (and like them as much as I think I will), my garden will be full of them next year. More roots = more bud (I will absolutely have to have a frost/rain plan, cause these things arent gonna load well onto the hand truck). I am not pleased with the soil in the four new ones, I am pleased with the drainage tho. I am looking at the new clones that should be perking up a bit more. Tho this wet weather may be to blame. Rain day before yesterday, rain yesterday, rain forecast for today, rain forcast for the next four days! I realize they are talking thundershowers, and if we get lucky they may miss us, but ...... prolly not.:eek:
I took this shot just before I drove down into the fog yesterday. Looks just like that at my place this morning. Fog, hope the sun comes out for awhile.:cool: If it does, I am gonna be taking portraits of the girls and posting a few.

tcbud
06-11-2009, 04:39 PM
1. LST Blueberry (clone we made)
2. new Northernlights clone
3. Front view of the Garden
4. Affgoo, has three leaves like the GDP, wonder if there was a mix up in the clone room.
5. GDP with three leaves
6. Pot of Gold

FlyingNatural
06-12-2009, 03:04 AM
Very Very Very nice:D A nice variety to choose from :D I had markers in my grow bags to tell which was which,but most were washed away in the rain :( I know only know for sure about the sativa,and I will know once more toward the end of the season when the purple strain shows it's stuff.Two others will be a guessing game :P Great Job TC Stay Cool

tcbud
06-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks FlyingNatural, and everyone who has looked into the garden.

Update in ten days or so.....
heading back up into the Serria's, up where the air is thin and High is not just from getting High, but being Physically High! Pictured below is some of the great country near where we are.
Though it is beautiful, My lungs sho liked comming down to a reasonable elevation.

Good Growin' Everyone!

BBFan
06-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Hey TC-
Enjoy the trip! Nice garden going this year.
Doesn't look like the fishing will be too good up there.
Hope you have (or had) fun.

UKgirl420
06-12-2009, 09:02 PM
hel;lo tc ,,hows the trip going ?

stunning surroundings ,and lovely looking ladies as usual :D

:48: :48:

tcbud
06-21-2009, 12:16 PM
The Girls are doing well, with the exception of one of the newest additions. (Corner right front, does not drain like it should, this is the soil bought at a rock and soil place:eek:)

I have started LST on three. I have to figure something out to hold them down, besides the pipe cleaners. We gave seven of the blueberry and flo clones away yesterday. It is a start to weening them out.

Thanks for comming by all, and looking in.
BB, check the photo thread, caught a little brook trout up in the Serrias, just goes to show, the husband can and does catch fish most places we go.

ishnish
06-21-2009, 08:52 PM
:ciao: :bong:
Nice Garden!

tcbud
06-24-2009, 01:50 PM
1. Afgoo looking like she is flowering.
2. Afgoo also flowering (dif. plant)
3. Afgoo has grasshopper, didnt punish her, killed hopper.

Okay, I get home and what do I see? The Afgoo in flower, not just one, but all of them. It is only June 23 and these girls look like they are thinking it is the first week in August. I assume that the bad weather last week and the week before are the cause, the dark days from such thick cloud cover. I also note that they are throwing three point leaves, so maybe they have changed their collective minds and are gonna revedge. I am not happy about this turn of events. With my past experience here at this longitude and latitude, they will revedge, taking serious growth time away, they will be small, giving me a couple ounces each. I am not happy.

I fell asleep last night thinking of what I could do, besides moving them in and throwing 24 hour light on them, I guess NOTHING. Moving them inside would mean me staying home to water them and that is not gonna happen.
(next post is happier)

tcbud
06-24-2009, 02:06 PM
1. Pot of Gold
2. Pot of Gold doing the correct thing, not flowering yet.
3. Grandaddy Purple (And I thot this might be the same as the Afgoo plant, I was mistaken. This girl is a good girl and not flowering.)
4. Grandadddy Purple.

These girls are doing a good job vedging away and splitting cells and growing bigger. I fed them last weekend, and I see no nute burn.:D

The Blueberry and Flo clones are doing well. They are already taller than the Northernlights, tho leggier. My attempt at LST is going well, those seem to be growing fastest. I am gonna try to get some vermiculite today and work it into the soil around the Northernlights. The husband is threatening to kill the one that does not drain well. IT IS NOT the plants fault, it is the poor draining soil I say.

4u2sm0ke
06-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Hey tc..havent been by in a while..Garden looking great as expected..I too believe Mine started flower early too and like reveged the last week or so..and is back to vegging..we had great weather and then cloud cover as well..IDK..Im interested in the how your GrandaddyPurp..does..I have seen some Nice colas from that strain..it was a purple on my list..and you have a way of bringing out the purple..Last summers purple was killer..even if ya didnt care for it:giggle: you can always send it over here..lol..not that i need any..well let me leave you some GREEN MOJO b4 i scoot:ciao: take care and be safe Girl:bolt::bong:

tcbud
06-25-2009, 01:41 AM
Hello 4U, the Purps were just too two to spacy/up high. I found myself wanting to do things like rearrange the living room, get half way thru and wonder what the heck I was doing. I want something that will kick me back a bit more. The Grandaddy was perfect for that, she was the last one chopped and the first one gone up in smoke. I would highly recommend that strain to anyone. Now the purps and Amethyst + NorthernLights was just not my cuppa tea. And I love tea. I got these two Grandaddy from the same "guy" I got them from last year, hope it is the same, if it is, I will be one happy camper. Thanks for stoppin' in and raising my spirits bout my faithless Afgoo, may they revedge quickly.

tcbud
06-25-2009, 01:48 AM
A bud pic of the Grandaddy Purple from last season. I called it Sugar then. Alas it was the first to go up in smoke.:D
Spoiled the heck out of me.

painterdude
06-25-2009, 02:37 AM
hi budski......how could they go into flower so soon??????????? nature is a mystery and keeps playing with our minds....had a deer come near the deck but not on the deck.....so, right now the plants are alive and are not in crazy cages.....drew a new avitar after I read mojavemoma's comments about all her plants going goofy on her.....she doesn't deserve this kind of sheeeeeet....she is a real sweet lady.....your plants look fine.....thanks for the pics.....painterdude

......am getting 'server is TOO FRIGGIN BUSY' and there are only 54 people on line.....what's goin on?

greenfriend
06-25-2009, 05:52 AM
The Mama clones are here.....
found them over in Humbolt County.... the info below comes from the grower.
paid $15 each....

2 Pot of Gold, Hybrid of:
Skunk #1 x Hindu Kush
Indica Dominant
Skunk #1 considered a Root Hybrid and Kush from Hindu Kush Mountains in the Kashmir region of Pakistan and India.

Oaksterdam Nursery has a strain that is Hindu Kush x Skunk #1. its called hindu skunk, sativa dominant hybrid. distributed thru Coffeeshop BLue Sky (SR71). same stuff??

EDIT nevermind, from those 2 pics it doesnt look like their the same. i have hindu skunk day 22 flowering in my journal. maybe its just a different pheno from the original cross. Oaksterdam Nursery says they obtained the strain as a cutting...

tcbud
06-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Hello Greenfriend, I copied those words directly from the brochure that the Humbolt Resource Patient Center give out with their strain list and price list (skunk1 x kush, they day indica dom, the finished product reflects that IMO). If you read this, I hope you take my advise and put your journal link in your signiture, that way we/I can find your journal and read it. I thank you for posting in mine, I like comments. The Pot of Gold I am growing now, comes from a different cloner, more local to me. I am hoping it is near as good as the one's I got at the Resource Center. I am smoking that now and love it. The current Pot of Gold in post 111 first and second pictures is my great hope for the stoneiness of next winter. Again, thanks for taking the time to post and edit.

tcbud
06-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Yo Aye Painterdude, the server is a male I think. Busy when he wants to be and not when he wants to be. Busy even when he is doing nothing. No reflection on you of course.
I also thot of something new to protect your plants. They make some stuff for keeping deer/rabbits out of gardens. It is predator scent, like fox and cougar. That might be the trick for you. I think Ace Hardware advertised some of that stuff a few weeks back.
Yep Mother Nature is a Mother. I am just glad the Afgoo are the only girls flowering. I know they will be revedging, it is my fate to have revedging nightmares. At least they will be bigger than last years and the year before. Ah well. Last year I had one plant go hermi on me and thankfully caught it before the nanners opened. They showed at the leaf node bout halfway up the plant, and it scared the heck out of me, the plant was on it's way to being a monster. Another Oh well. How the heck nanners could be found deep in buds I dont know......I do know I like your new avatar tho. I am glad you seem to be feeling better. You sho have a beautiful deck, if I was a deer, I would walk right up that ramp and.....lol.

greenfriend
06-25-2009, 05:48 PM
hey TC, it tried to put the link in the sig, dunno if it worked (this jack the ripper has made me detarded lol). btw Coffeeshop Blue Sky had Pot o Gold meds in stock last year bout 5 times, some damn good smoke thats for sure, never had clones of it tho. not sure if the vendor is still bringing it in cus I havent bought any club weed in a while

tcbud
06-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Greenfriend, I go to Humbolt County in the winter and cant keep myself away from the Resource Center. I get me a little bag, for bout 35+/-. I mean dang, it is so so good, all their selection. They are kinda cool about it too, sometimes you pay a bit more, sometimes a bit less, and that way (I think I understand) they are able to give some away to low income in need folks.
And...yes the signiture now has a link, thanks, gonna go look at what you got going on.

painterdude
06-26-2009, 04:04 PM
[quote=tcbud]Yo Aye Painterdude, the server is a male I think. Busy when he wants to be and not when he wants to be. Busy even when he is doing nothing. No reflection on you of course.
I also thot of something new to protect your plants. They make some stuff for keeping deer/rabbits out of gardens. It is predator scent, like fox and cougar. That might be the trick for you. I think Ace Hardware advertised some of that stuff a few weeks back.
Yep Mother Nature is a Mother. I am just glad the Afgoo are the only girls flowering. I know they will be revedging, it is my fate to have revedging nightmares. At least they will be bigger than last years and the year before. Ah well. Last year I had one plant go hermi on me and thankfully caught it before the nanners opened. They showed at the leaf node bout halfway up the plant, and it scared the heck out of me, the plant was on it's way to being a monster. Another Oh well. How the heck nanners could be found deep in buds I dont know......I do know I like your new avatar tho. I am glad you seem to be feeling better. You sho have a beautiful deck, if I was a deer, I would walk right up that ramp and....

hi budski, yes, the server is definitely some dude with a sick sense of humor.....we use to have an Ace Hardware but now they are Best Hardware....go figure, but I will check it out......thanks for the comment about the avatar, had some problems with it because I had colored in 'i really hate hermies' and when I posted it you could hardly read the words......so I had to erase all the colors and re-post and now it seems to be OK but haven't heard anything from the desert lady, hope she is over her bout with pneumonia.....I love reading anything about Humbolt County, hmmmmmmmmm goodddddddd.......thanks again budski, love, painterdude

tcbud
06-28-2009, 05:01 PM
1. East end of Garden, shows the Grandaddy Purple well.
2. Largest NorthernLights
3. Attempt at LST, Flo
4. Afgoo still flowers
5. Afgoo putting on Trichs, so much for revedging.

tcbud
07-06-2009, 04:45 PM
1. Half Garden w/ the Afgoo in foreground
2. Northern Lights
3. LST Flo
4. Pot of Gold:cool:
5. Grandaddy Purple
6. Afgoo in flower still

After being gone for four days, we returned to the plants looking a bit wilted. We upped the water schedual to five minutes every twelve hours. I watered really heavy, as the drain holes on some of the pots seemed dry. We also fed the girls their weekly dose of fish emulsion and Grow Big. They are looking right perky this morning as shown above. I beleive the LST was taken after the morning's "tiedown".:D

BBFan
07-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Lookin good TC!

tcbud
07-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks BB, and Thanks for stoppin' by.

4u2sm0ke
07-07-2009, 11:59 AM
:ciao: Grow Baby Grow:lama:

UKgirl420
07-07-2009, 10:28 PM
hey tc i see your having another wonderful garden again this year ,,they look wonderful :D

zipflip
07-07-2009, 10:31 PM
wow!!!
goood lookin ladies there TC any them single?:hubba: :D

tcbud
07-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Zip, if you paired them all up, I think there would be a Pot of Gold that is single.

thanks for stopin' in and taking a look.

I will add here, that when comming back from the coast, I saw a huge plume of smoke. Then comming back from the valley today......dayum if I dont see that smokey sky I hated last summer. This new fire is sposed to be like 100 miles from here, the wind shifted. Just wanted to add that, for info for next year.

UKgirl420
07-07-2009, 10:50 PM
ohh hope you dont get the fires again tc ,,,ill be keeping fingers crossed for you :peace:

zipflip
07-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Fires!!!!!!:eek: :eek:
LIKE IS IT POSSIBLE THEY COULD SPREAD IN YOUR DIRECTION YOU SAYIN?

tcbud
07-08-2009, 02:13 PM
These fires are not near me, just the smoke (pic below shows the plume we saw comming home the other day, bout 50 miles from home, yesterday the wind shifted while I was in the valley and blew the smoke my way) These two fires have combined. It is in a very remote location, no roads as humans know them. I beleive this area burned back in the late nineties. So it is burning already down trees and standing snags. Prolly lots of brush has been growing for the last ten years. This area is not near me. With each afternoon the thunderheads have been forming and the threat of lightning increases. If there is no rain with the lightning, we get fires. Last year, we had a huge amount of them set all at once due to lightning. The Cal Fire people were already at other fires. Our county being at the bottom of the list when it comes to human population, we always take a back seat. It took ten days in June, all of July (my main vedge time) and August to get them in some sort of control. I think September they were under controll, but by no means out. The skys were smokey all summer. Air was very hard to breath, my girls suffered I beleive also (tho I had little to compare, but they were smaller than ones grown on Miracle Grow in the past). I am not possitive but I beleive over 250,000 acres burned in that set of lightning started fires, I am thinking more like 330,000 acres is the number I remember. One was within ten miles of me, but put out quickly because of the hiway being right there.
So, no, this fire is not near me, and I do have defensable space around the home. Getting a metal roof later this summer and that will lower the price of fire insurance. Hopefully over the next ten years the savings I will realize from heating/cooling and insurance premium's lowered, it will be worth it.
Thanks for your concern Zipflip. Oh, and I counted yesterday, I have an even number of plants, no singles.:D

zipflip
07-08-2009, 07:13 PM
wow thats sure some beautiful country there in the pic.
i am so in the wrong place.
it kinda remind me of going thru the mountains from colorado into utah. i went thru the flaming gorge one year a few times an wow . i fell in love. i stayed in utah for a while again an i shoulda just stayed doewn there.
but dummy me i came back here. lol

no singles. ahh, shucks

its a shame bout the fires tho . i mean to see such beautiful scenery go up in smoke.
i just kow i'd never be bored if i was there. i can just sit an do nothin an be content if the scenery is right.
thanks for sharin the pic tc. feel free to put up more scenic photos. i enjoy pix of such as i dont get out much anymore.:-(
have a good one TC

TURKEYNECK
07-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Lookin mighty nice tc..Nice and green. Hopefully that smoke wont cause a problem..

tcbud
07-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Seems the wind has died down, and it is cooler today. Good firefighting time, less wind and cooler days.

Zip, I post a bunch of photos in the
"Your photograpy" thread, in case you want to see more. Thanks for stopin' by all.

leafminer
07-08-2009, 10:10 PM
metal roof? won't it sound like a thousand bongos when it rains? wondering what on earth the roof is made of at the moment - mine is concrete covered in roof tile. Is it a log cabin maybe? hell of a nice location, I would have guerilla grows all over if I lived there! Garden looks great.

tcbud
07-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Leafminer, the "roof guy" says it is quieter than the composition roof I have now. I can barely here it as it is, unless we get a real downpoor. It is a two story house, mostly we live on the second story. Im lucky, I am growing legal, and anyway, gorillas are out there everywhere.....

zipflip
07-09-2009, 03:34 AM
Zip, I post a bunch of photos in the
"Your photograpy" thread, in case you want to see more sweet! i'll have to keep eye open for em all. i use to keep up wit the thread a while back but lost it in my subscriptions list and kept missin it all the time but i am now subscribed again.
thanks .

tcbud
07-10-2009, 04:14 PM
1. Pot of Gold, have moved them abit so they have more room.
2. LST Flo
3. NorthernLights, these seem to be growing fastest now.
4. LST Flo, her stem looks so twisted.
5. Both Blueberry, got rid of one of the LST in that pot.
6. Afgoo, seems I am seeing some whorling of new leaves and the calix's seem to be stretching on the stem, getting farther apart, a sure sign of revedging.
7-8 Hoppers that will be eating no more pistles. They seem to really like the pistles, they give them a hair cut, munch off the tops of the buds. I wonder if they are getting high.:D I killed four this morning, I will not be cleaning them and eating them.

pcduck
07-11-2009, 01:44 AM
Looking real nice tc :aok:

tcbud
07-14-2009, 12:48 PM
I am gonna stay in my thread from now on. I dont know what came over me last week, postin' all over the place, taking on subjects I have no place taking on. I am pretty dang sure it isnt PMS. If you are reading this, I apologise for my posts in racoon threads and anywhere else I may have gotten out of line and offended anyone. But it is too late for that now, for one. I wont swear or call names again, I promise.

pcduck
07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
:confused2::confused2:

zipflip
07-14-2009, 09:51 PM
the girls lookin mighty fine TC... :hubba:
6. Afgoo, seems I am seeing some whorling of new leaves hmmmm... i wonder wats up wit all the girls turnin whorled this year..?
seen quite few around on here an on few other forums on the net as well...
its somethin in the air i think LOL

tcbud
07-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Zip, those girls flowered way too early, they should have waited till the first part of August. But they went thru a cool and pretty dark June. With the weather, such a lot of clouds, there were days that seemed shortened. That is the best explaination I can come up with. They are now in the midst of revedging. I can see the stem growth between the calix now. The new leaves get twisted a bit before it starts throwing the "ideal" five finger'd leaves. Hopefully they will put on some more growth and flower out without going hermi. I have revedged three times now counting this summer. Always with clones. I am about convinced to go with seeds. The tallest plants in the garden are from seeds. They are starting to fill in nicely.

BBFan
07-15-2009, 02:32 PM
I am gonna stay in my thread from now on. I dont know what came over me last week, postin' all over the place, taking on subjects I have no place taking on. I am pretty dang sure it isnt PMS. If you are reading this, I apologise for my posts in racoon threads and anywhere else I may have gotten out of line and offended anyone. But it is too late for that now, for one. I wont swear or call names again, I promise.

Well TC, I for one always appreciate your insight and perspective. I always enjoy reading whatever it is you have to say. And always enjoy looking at your grows.
BBfan

tcbud
07-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Measured the largest Blueberry last evening when I got home. She is standing tall at 7foot 2inches! Her partner Flo is 7 even.
Thanks for the nice words BB, I just felt bad about that poor woman with her "animal rights" posts. She seemed to be very unhappy, her name fit her reall well. Thanks again, it is nice to hear someone appreciates my words.

zipflip
07-18-2009, 03:54 PM
so how was the trip?
7'2" wow. thats taller than me lol.
aint never been face to face wit a mj plant taller than me before.
one day i will . 1 day!! :-)

tcbud
07-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Just a short trip over to Reno. The drive was beautiful but long. With the roads being worked on, I think it took about an hour longer than normal. Not a big deal, as road work is the "bread and butter" at our house.:D I saw a lake with water in it that is usually dry this time of year, suprised the heck out of me, as we are in a drought here. I forgot the big chip for my camera, and was only able to take a few pics, as the card was full that was with my camera, and well.....I never get around to reading all the way thru manuals.
Anyway....
Seeing the Daughter is always a pleasure, and her partner too. We gambled, swam, excersised, and ate bunches. Two days of that is bout all this ol' lady can stand. Driving home, there was a fire at Red Rock, kinda smokey and since last summer, it feels almost like I get a panic attack seeing smoke like that. Driving into it, I almost took an alternitive route, that would have added two hours to the trip. I drove into the cloud, and was peasantly suprised it was not near as big as I thot it would be.
Didnt win a fortune, but didnt spend one either, and that is the bottom line, I guess. No, the real bottom line is we had fun.

zipflip
07-18-2009, 04:31 PM
dang another fire?
cool dog :-)

BBFan
07-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Measured the largest Blueberry last evening when I got home. She is standing tall at 7foot 2inches! Her partner Flo is 7 even.
Thanks for the nice words BB, I just felt bad about that poor woman with her "animal rights" posts. She seemed to be very unhappy, her name fit her reall well. Thanks again, it is nice to hear someone appreciates my words.

Holy cow! 7' tall???? That's mighty tall for an indica! Even the blueberry I've grown outdoors have never gotten that big. That sounds like a fantasy for me, after all, I am the BB(Blueberry)Fan!

As far has the other thing, we all have an opinion, and we're all right!

tcbud
07-18-2009, 08:14 PM
I always thot BB stood for BigBud, never thot of Blueberry, and here I am growin' it. I agree about the plant not doing the indica thing. It is amazing the heck out of me. I thot she would be a bushy lil girl. Not a tall Amazon.

Okay, Ima loaded.
The dog is Mr. Weenie, featured in "Mr. Weenie goes to SanFrancisco" as seen on the "Your phography" thread here at MP. Also, see him in "Open Season" and "Open Season II". He is the best kinda dog. No Doggie treats and no Doggie tricks. He dreams of going to Burning Man. He spent most of the Reno trip on the Ice Maker in the room. I did think to take him to the pool, but alas, No Dogs Allowed.
Yep, everywhere you go, FireSeason.

TURKEYNECK
07-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Well TC, I for one always appreciate your insight and perspective. I always enjoy reading whatever it is you have to say. And always enjoy looking at your grows.
BBfan
I agree:) and I'm jeleous of you lucky westerners:rolleyes: I love the rockies.

tcbud
07-19-2009, 08:38 PM
I think the mountains here are at the foot of the "Cascades". Way west of the Rockies, West of the Serria, South West of Shasta. I got me some Alps round here somewhere.....

tcbud
07-19-2009, 08:41 PM
:postpicsworthless:

Guess I best get out and take some more pictures....this evening.....107f out there right now....bet those girls are droopin'.:eek:

tcbud
07-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Just before the sun will hit the garden, 8:30 approximately.

1. Full shot from the gate
2. NorthernLights
3. Pot of Gold, they look to be thinking of flowering, lots of hairy pre-flowers.
4. Afgoo all in flower, they are getting bloom nutes now along with vedge nutes, I am as confused as they seem to be.
5. Grandaddy Purple
6. 2 blueberry, one is LST
7. LST Flo, I have discontinued to tie her down, she can grow her tops now. Her tallest top, seems to have a problem, looks all wilted this morning.

The girls are still getting Big Bloom by FF, and Alaskan Fish Emulsion. I think they stuff all the fish guts into a big blender and whip them up. The smell reminds me of working the slime line on a fish processor MV Ocean Champion, back in the 70's. I graded salmon that smelled better.:D
I am overall happy with the garden. The tallest measured in at 7'2", I think, last time we measured her.

I am just very unhappy with the state of my body's health. I am not sure yet, as the lab tests are not back, but I think the Hep C has come back to visit. I took the treatment ten years ago, and went into remission, now it comes back possibly. I am gonna beat it back to remission again. If that is what it is that is going on. It kinda pours over into my over all outlook on what is going on around me.

zipflip
07-20-2009, 11:42 PM
i so wanna be locked up like a monkey in that cage :hubba: lol
looks nice an neat too!!
one these days im a move me out into the sticks whre i can grow out my back door without fear and in peace... or ya med(legal?)
either way thats my dream in life as of last couple years is to be in any situation where i can grow in my back yard without fear and in peace....

tcbud
07-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Zip,
Yep I am a med grow (growing for a couple recomendatins this year). I highly recomend it. Never breathed so easy as when I got the recomendation. *used to grow one plant a year, and was nervous* We are looking at retirement in two seasons after this one, and will prolly do a serious indoor operation along with the summer outdoor. I am gonna try another small indoor this winter. It is pretty hot out in that cage today, 108f an hour or so ago. You can stay out there or come in here, where I got the cooler gooing and hit this bong....lol. I am bout bonged out.

420benny
07-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Looking good TC! I thought I was hot here, at 95.
zip, it is a real treat to stand among the tall girls. You too will get to experience it sometime. If it ever gets legal here, you are invited to come stand with me.

zipflip
07-21-2009, 01:05 AM
It is pretty hot out in that cage today, 108f an hour or so ago. You can stay out there or come in here, where I got the cooler gooing and hit this bong....lol. I am bout bonged out. can i sleep in the cage wit them tho :hubba: if i could i'd put a bed in my grow room an sleep in there. lol i so love the way mj smells growing even more than when its jarred or bagged up. idk its just somethin bout it. lol

bennyzip, it is a real treat to stand among the tall girls. You too will get to experience it sometime only way i'll exp it ever is if i move out the state im in. cuz i highly doubt it'l change here in my time anyway. we'll prolly be the last to legalize even for medicinal imo. lol
thanks for the invitation ya both!!!
last year on my outdoor which was my first grow ever i had big tall gorgeous plants but most were sativa and never finished even close inn time before the freeze of the year but it was still a blast growin them an seein em all big an beutiful. not like the lil mini mj i grow indoors lol.
i do got a few outside tho i laid out wit some good organic mix soil wit ammendments etc. an we been gettin rain like every 3 days average but this a month ago bout now an i aint been back out to se em. im kinda doin a mother nature thing there. se wat she'll do wit em.

tcbud
07-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Wow Zip, how can you leave them for so long. Mother Nature must be careing for them very nicely tho. Many in my area plant near streams, and leave them all season. I also love the smell of them when green and not budding, I can catch a whif of it now and then inside when the wind is blowing toward the cooler just right.
Benny, my daughter caught a picture of me holding my arms in the "touchdown" position last year among all the girls in full blown bud, my smile is as wide as my arms. I keep moving them around abit here and there, trying to give them a bit more room to spread out. Bet you do the same....?

Yesterday, when the husband came home bout seven p.m. he askes me when I was in the garden last. I told him when I took pictures about eight a.m. He tells me I left the door open on the garden and all the plants have been eaten by deer! I race to the window, and see the door closed and my girls safe. WOW, his story effected me so much, I dreamed they got eaten by two deer! I chased the deer out and there was NOTHING left but stems. Then to my suprise, Micheal Jackson and someone else materialized and had been photographing the whole thing. I lit into them yelling at them, for not chasing out the deer. Way weird dream. Micheal Jackson? oh my I musta smoked way to much yesterday. I remember the panic just like it was yesterday......I guess it was with the husband scareing me like that. He is such a kidder......

420benny
07-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Howdy! TC, I do move mine around a bit , but not the biggest 5.They are too heavy. I just finished my last stealth fence and I got to spread the girls out farther apart and they like it. I was being lazy about the fence and almost got caught by a 10 year old neighbor girl. She climbed the fence between our properties and came over to see if any of my grand kids were around. She walked right by the only opening where you could see anything if you were looking for it. Not anymore, I fixed that-finally.

tcbud
07-21-2009, 02:30 PM
The smart pots and the big pots along the back wall, I dont move, it is just the girls that are in the 15 gallon pots I move. Usually see some root growth where the holes meet the dirt below them on some. I sure want to grow right in the earth, someday....
Some of them I just spin, to the garden is south face, so they like a bit of a spin. I have more in there this year, than I ever had, it is gettin' crowded.

Good work on fixin' that fence, lucky you with the grand kids....

tcbud
07-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Last evening, 7pm, while it was a smokin' 100f out, we fed the Pot of Gold, the Open Sesame by FF. One Gallon to each of the three girls. They look to be making the change to flowering. I also got out the Cha Ching by FF and gave a full dose to the Afgoo ladies, they have been getting organic nutes of another brand. Everyone else who are still vedging got the full dose of Grow Big also by FF.

NOTE HERE
July 23, 2009, the Pot of Gold are starting to flower.
The Afgoo have been flowering about four weeks.
Get out the molassas tc, lets sweetin these gooey girls up.

zipflip
07-25-2009, 05:09 AM
The Afgoo have been flowering about four weeks.
Get out the molassas tc, lets sweetin these gooey girls up.
i just found sum molasses in my cupboard lurkin way on top in bak while cleanin then. its brer rebbit unsulfured molasses, so i too just started usin it for the first time ever i my life.
so do you personally notice a diff usin the molasses TC?

i cant wait to see sum bud shots TC!!!

tcbud
07-25-2009, 02:36 PM
I used the mollassas last year, it was my first time using it. I have seen pictures of the results, says it makes the bud 25% bigger. I had some nice size buds last year, but I dont know if they were bigger or not. I prolly didnt use enough, I only used it once a week.

Thanks for looking in guys.:ciao:

I got buds on the Afgoo, I could post a couple pics...
okay, what is going on now? Manage Attachments wont open for me.

tcbud
07-25-2009, 02:39 PM
It opened this time...hummmm?

These two I took five days ago. They dont seem to be wanting to fully revedge. The closer we get to the first of August, the less I want them to revedge. But, from what I let revedge last year, that bud was way good. Really big and thick buds.

You can see on pic two the leaves curling from trying to revedge. It smells so good. These are the plants that have convinced me to make some hash this fall. If you can...see the trichs way down on the lower leaves?

tcbud
07-29-2009, 01:31 PM
111f degrees yesterday on the porch in the shade. The tallest plants were wilting in the hot sun. Watered them and they perked up. They perked up even more when the thunderheads rolling over dropped the outside temps down to high 90's.

I am now feeding the
Afgoo, ChaChing in half doses every five days,
Pot of Gold and GDP Open Sesame half dose every five days,
Blueberry, NorthernLights and Flo, Grow Big, half doses every five days.

I am gonna call the Pot of Gold going into flower July 23, pretty much one month after the Afgoo. The GDP now look to be going into flower too July 27, along with one NorthernLights, July 28.

Flushing two days after feeding. With these HOT temps, I am watering every evening. Also, five minutes every twelve hours on the drip system. The Tallest Blueberry I have covered the black pot with a white cover. I will have to tie her up soon as she starts to flower, also the other two tall girls.

tcbud
07-29-2009, 02:38 PM
1. Garden
2. Back row
3. Pot of Gold going into flower
4. Pot of Gold going into flower
5. Afgoo with flash
6. Afgoo with flash

tcbud
07-29-2009, 02:46 PM
1. A early morning visitor to the garden
2. Some of the longest preflower hairs I have ever seen, on the blueberry.
3. An Afgoo kola for Zipflip. I am expecting these main kola's to be as big around as my forearm, at the least.

zipflip
07-29-2009, 06:49 PM
I used the mollassas last year, it was my first time using it. I have seen pictures of the results, says it makes the bud 25% bigger. I had some nice size buds last year, but I dont know if they were bigger or not. I prolly didnt use enough, I only used it once a week i been hittin all the girls in veg an flower each time wit it since.. no idea if it makin a diff either really. i guess i should leave one or two without , but that means mixin seperate nute mixes for just that one all the time. and thats the worst PIta i have ever encountered in growin so far. and thats adjusting ph of mixes/water. LOL an i got plants/clones in pretty much every stage of growth requiring a diff mix . prolly 3-4 in each stage. i got lil too carried away an gung ho when i found out i could clone successfully. lol
but i'll manage. my goal is that between wat i get off my few girls i got outside sumwhere and my next batch just ready for 12/12 to have enough to take a break even if its for 2weeks an just take a vacation sumwhere an not have to worry bout leavin plants unatended.
when i leve home it feels like i just left my kids home alone sleeping LOL
anyone else feel like this ever :-)
111f degrees yesterday on the porch in the shade :eek: wow. i aint felt 100 here yet this year. came close few days but never topped 93 yet. pretty good for these parts anyways :hubba:
I have covered the black pot with a white cover. i noticed that when i put all my bonzais when i had all 4, outside fore few days tehre for coupel hrs each time that they pots got hotter than hek. never really believed that the color around ya roots made any diff as far as teh heat part etc...
3. An Afgoo kola for Zipflip. I am expecting these main kola's to be as big around as my forearm, at the least. excuse me!! :eek: could ya please help me pik my jaw up :hubba:
wow TC. i absolutely cannot wait to see these beuties in they prime...
wat strain are in the back row again?(the tallest ones) blueberry right?
i didg the wjole purple stem thing goin on...
all my clones as well as they mom i revegged did the same thing all thru til the end. my lower stem was twisted from LST and it literally looked like a purple/green candycane i thought LOL.
but according to my buddy who give me the seeds said they was form Northern lights. he wasnt sure wat cross but it was NL cross wit something like hashberry(?) :huh: i think he said.
either way shes an unknown strain in my book really. i mean ive smoked sum crazy stuff before that sum people gave it a name taht inever herd of b4 an still havent. gotta wonder how many are made up... :confused2:
whoa . sorry for the novel TC. got good buzz on righ now LOL
heres 1 for you!! :48:

4u2sm0ke
07-29-2009, 09:31 PM
:ciao: tc...I decided to wonder out side the BHC..and come take a look see:rofl: Your garden looks great...Hubby give ya a ride on Bike yet? we been getting 100f here yesturday and today and looks to carry threw saturday..I dont like it..The Girls sure are loving it...I too Flush everyday with my containers in this heat..My massbucket was wilted yesturday and i had water the day b4..but this heat dries the soil fast..and the black pots are even hotter..maybe why you get the roots outta holes when spinning...I love the purple in the viens of the plant with the longest prehairs youve seen...love to see her when Harvest comes..okay I been away from club long enough..take care and be safe Girl:bolt::bong:

tcbud
07-30-2009, 01:12 AM
Zip, I agree bout leaving the girls, worse than leaving the real kid home alone. That is the biggest negitive to growing indoor for me. I have the room, I could get the lights (I have the t5's for vedge), but.....leaving them is the thing. In the winter, we get a hair and leave at the drop of a hat. No dogs, no kids, can travel. I tried one last winter, got the timer going, and was only able to leave for three days between watering, I think maybe we were gone four once, and I was worried the whole time.:eek: ..lol. I dont have water downstairs cept at the washer, it would not be a big deal to put in a sink, then a timer for water. I admire those with indoor grows, it takes more precise care too. I was thinking on that this morning as I looked at grass hopper damage to fan leaves.

As for you, 4u, you hit the nerve:fid: . I sit here alone, I guess I forgot to say, as soon as we got the bike home yesterday, the husband got called back to work. Bye-bye, within an hour, he was gone, :cry: . This weekend is his Birthday, and well......(insert my silly smile), it is gonna be real nice to ride with him on his birthday. And speaking of flushing, bout 20 on the hour and Im heading out to flush the girls.
:bong1: :bong1: :bong1: it up guys, thanks for stopin' in and talking to me.:D G'night.

4u2sm0ke
07-30-2009, 02:15 AM
Bummer about Hubby...tell him Happy BDay from the BHC okay..

pcduck
07-30-2009, 08:53 AM
:yeahthat:

tcbud
07-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Flo

Original Flo is a Sativa/Indica cross (60% Sativa, 40% Indica) with very Sativa phenotypic characteristics that also matures very early. The large, tight, spear shaped buds are made up of small, densely packed purple calyxes. The plants are taller and like to branch out. Indoors the buds are fully mature by the end of their sixth week. Outdoors the plant is a super producer when multi-harvested over a period of time. The first buds are ripe around the third week of September. About every ten days after that, new buds form and can be harvested through the end of November, if the plant can be kept alive that long. Therefore, "Flo" is ideal for greenhouse production. The motivational "high" produced by the "Flo" is quite unique, the flavor is like Nepalese Temple Hash. A most pleasant and enjoyable experience. Specifications: ~ Flower: 6-7 weeks ~ Harvest: 3rd or 4th week of Sept.

This from the sticky list here on strains.
Flo looks almost (the fan leaves are bigger, and here I said no more Purple plants for me, lol.) like the blueberry. Yet the blueberry is sposed to be an indica dom.

I am going to continue looking thru the sicky on strains and post the info on all of them. I am working up my calender, so I can really start watching those trichs at the eight week mark.

HydroManiac
07-31-2009, 10:38 PM
I would sure love to be barried under a forrest of those plants:p :hubba:

tcbud
08-01-2009, 01:02 AM
This is one of the Afgoo's parents.

Afghani

A pure variety, never hybridized, imported from Afghanistan, grown in Holland. Very broad leaves, 100% Indica. Heavy buds with lots of resin. Some plants turn purple at harvest time. Rather high flower to leaf ratio. Aroma and flavor are heavy, almost medicinal. Very strong, physical, practically narcotic high. Average yields. Specifications: ~ Flower: 8-9 weeks

I am looking these up, as I bought clones and will be needing the flower times. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what the ooooo stands for? Gooey from looking at the buds. Maybe Afgani became Afgoo here in the states?:D

Blueberry

Blueberry is a mostly Indica (80% Indica, 20% Sativa) strain, that dates to the late 1970's. A large producer under optimum conditions. A dense and stout plant with red, purple and finally blue hues that usually cure to a lavender blue. The finished product has a very fruity aroma and taste of blueberry. It produces a notable and pleasantly euphoric high of the highest quality and is very long lasting. Medium to large calyxes. " Blueberry" has a long shelf life and stores well over a long period of time. Specifications: ~ Flowering: 45-55 days ~ Height: 70-100 cm

tcbud
08-01-2009, 01:08 AM
Northern Lights

A pure Indica, won the Cannabis Cup in '88, '89, '90. Much used for cross breeding for it's strong and big buds. Famous throughout the world, everyone has heard of N.L. Sweet taste and very potent stone. Specifications: ~ Flower: 7-8 weeks

I grew this two seasons ago, this may become a "must have" plant if these work out like that season. One of my faves, I think I still may have a pinch of this left.

Hamster Lewis
08-01-2009, 02:05 AM
Looking amazing tc....I wish I cld grow outdoors...I know I wld just love it... I already do with the things me and the wifey already grow out there...my state is lame though and grapes, pumpkin, strawberries and snap peas are I can grow outdoors without facing serious jail time...keep up the great work

UKgirl420
08-01-2009, 02:24 AM
:yay: looking great :peace:

Trafic
08-01-2009, 02:28 AM
That must be one heck of a great garden to come home to. Awesome looking plants and setup.:tokie:

BBFan
08-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Hey TC!
Looking great! I'm an indoor grower and I here you about leaving them to get a way for a few days. My son recently moved back in with us, so he's around to help out if we sneak away- he's the one that got me back into this hobby anyway, so he should help out :rolleyes: .
Wish hubby a happy bday from us here at MP.

tcbud
08-01-2009, 01:32 PM
I am kinda here for the duration BB, I can leave for a day, possibly a couple, but......I got girls that have swollen trichs, and well, dont want to leave them in that condition for very long.....My daughter does tell me that she will come up and "sit" them, but since the husband is still working, we wont be taking any spur of the moment trips. Hopefully we will be heading out on that bike soon tho today. He is still happily snoozing, I guess he is happy, I hear snores.
Thanks for comming by and checking up on them.

tcbud
08-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Will be calling 8/2 for first day of flower for the GDP, as both are now in early flower.
One NL looks to be starting flower.

1. NothernLights, Plant #3 is flowering
2. Pot of Gold
3. My attempt at LST, Flo
4. GDP
5. Tall Flo, mother of LST Flo
6. Afgoo, just starting to notice pistles turning brown

The BlueBerry has only put on two inches since last I measured her. Her clone is really getting bigger. The LST clone of Flo is growing fastest I think. All are getting nutes every five/six days. All got a dose of GrowBig at about .25 strength for the plants showing flower along with Cha Ching (afgoo) and Open Sesame (POG,GDP), the BB and Flo GrowBig.
This next week, or so, should see all turning to flower. I myself have just started to notice the days getting shorter.

Thanks for lookin' in.

kalikisu
08-03-2009, 06:45 PM
These pics need to be in a textbook. Great growing!

tcbud
08-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Well thank you.
MJ 101 is down the hall.
It is all the Plants, they just grow and grow, and I hope I am treating them right.

zipflip
08-04-2009, 02:30 AM
teh ladies lookin great TC.
i really like the purple one most. :hubba:

tcbud
08-04-2009, 02:56 PM
We put a top dressing on all of the ladies. Had some nice potting mix left from the spring start. So, we put about two inches over the top of the girls soil. We had lots of roots showing and it seemed like the thing to do. I forgot to add that in the last post.

1. Afgoo, about 4 weeks in flower, they are looking good, loosing some leaf to yellowing. They got a quarter dose of Grow Big with their ChaChing yesterday.

2. This picture shows the damage a cricket did to the afgoo bud. A few weeks ago, almost every bud on two plants were shaved off by those little buggers, Crickets and Grasshoppers. The one who did this, I chased down the plant till it met it's doom.:D

Hamster Lewis
08-04-2009, 03:38 PM
You hve a beautiful garden tc...death to crickets and grasshoppers...and anything else that noms on your plants...:)

420benny
08-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Howdy TC! Looking good. I, too added top dressing to a couple of mine this week. Big Bang was showing her roots, as well.

pcduck
08-04-2009, 06:46 PM
yeah those pesky vermin. I never realized how much damage they can do until this years outdoor. I always grew high off of natural ground level and never had the vermin like I got this year eating my girls.

Nice garden tc

jao33333
08-05-2009, 07:29 PM
We put a top dressing on all of the ladies. Had some nice potting mix left from the spring start. So, we put about two inches over the top of the girls soil. We had lots of roots showing and it seemed like the thing to do. I forgot to add that in the last post.

1. Afgoo, about 4 weeks in flower, they are looking good, loosing some leaf to yellowing. They got a quarter dose of Grow Big with their ChaChing yesterday.

2. This picture shows the damage a cricket did to the afgoo bud. A few weeks ago, almost every bud on two plants were shaved off by those little buggers, Crickets and Grasshoppers. The one who did this, I chased down the plant till it met it's doom.:D BEAUTIFUL GIRLS !!! i I sympathize with ya Tcbud I included a pic of one of my Norther Lights that was radded by Grasshoppers Them B----. After trying my own concussions. I was recommended Sevin By Garden Tech.

tcbud
08-06-2009, 12:22 AM
lookin' good Jao...except the chewed on parts.

Dang the thunder is rollin' round these Mountains. Sure hope it dont get too close.

I hate the thot of water raining down on those pretty Afgoo ladies in the garden. Sposed to rain tomorrow too. Got Dark awful early today due to the clouds. Will speed those little darlings up to flower....

tcbud
08-06-2009, 06:25 PM
1. Tallest Blueberry
2. Blueberry clone
3. LST Flo, she is Shooting UP
4. Early flower NorthernLights

Looks like all the girls are trying to get IN the flower mode. Two of the NL are "in", and the Tall Flo looks like she is "in". I think the next few days will have them all "in" flower.
So says the Queen of the Garden Department.:D

TURKEYNECK
08-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Looks awesome TC! I think that Blueberry sky might be my new background;)

tcbud
08-06-2009, 07:11 PM
I put the flash on to get some nice shots of the afgoo, and it wouldnt work, too much light. Left it on, and as soon as I clicked that one pointed at the sky.....it flashes...cool under light. I liked it too.
Thanks for stopin' in, and

Congratulations on the BPOM.

zipflip
08-06-2009, 10:19 PM
wow TC them some dark purple stems on her :eek:
i hope the two i got outside get as deep purple .... :hubba:

tcbud
08-07-2009, 01:51 PM
The Afgoo ladies are now 6.5 week in flower. I have just started seeing a few pistles going brown. They have gotten real wet this last couple days.

Just want to make a note here to self. I keep notes in a calendar/journal too.

Afgoo 7 weeks 8/10

zipflip
08-07-2009, 02:49 PM
I keep notes in a calendar/journal too.

LOL ijust recently started doin the same thing. it helps to have a back log of everythin sometimes. especially when liek me, i got 1 plant in this stage and three in that one and few in other etc etc.. and all require diff times between waterings too. :hairpull: they all catchiin up to each other tho now finally lol

They have gotten real wet this last couple days. no signs or presence of mold or nothin i hope...

tcbud
08-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Keepin' my fingers crossed......bout the mold stuff. Will be watching them close. I just hope they dry out before it gets really warm again.

tcbud
08-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Cherry Bomb (Almighty) Lionheart X Sage
Cherry Bomb #2 (Prairiefire) M-80 Cherry Bomb from Northern California X Cherry Bomb from Southern

The above is from the "small" strain list here.

I may have a Cherry Bomb comming soon. Little late, but as they say, better late than never. Anyone ever grow this?
thanks.

zipflip
08-08-2009, 06:20 PM
i havent but it sounds like its good tho :hubba:

tcbud
08-08-2009, 06:33 PM
First three pictures are a odd thing. Last evening, I noticed this. The plant looks great except this one lower branch. I inspected the area, down to the stalk. It is the first stalk on the plant, and as you can see the growth is wilted right up to the stalk. I can see no damage, beyond the wilt. The branch is connected well to the stalk. I thot I might have hit it when walking by and tore it, but no. On an upnote, I took these pics an while ago, and it seems to look better on the terminal ends

4. striped green and purple stalk on the Blueberry clone.
5. Grasshopper breakfast
6. public enemy #1

I did not let him get away this morning. I have a spot that I put the dead bodies. They disapear, the lizards or the frogs are getting them I think.

tcbud
08-08-2009, 07:23 PM
High Noon in the Cage
All Afgoo
(day 46)
:fid:

Hamster Lewis
08-08-2009, 07:39 PM
I did not let him get away this morning. I have a spot that I put the dead bodies. They disapear, the lizards or the frogs are getting them I think.

LOL...tc you sound like a Mafia hit man....Thanks for chiming in on my journal..I came over to see what the outdoor enemy looks like...:) I am glad I do not hve to deal with all the outdoor PIA's...I don't like bugs to begin with...if they messed with my plants I wld like them even less...keep up the good fight......:D

42Sm0kinCāli_or_MYOWN
08-09-2009, 07:08 AM
afgoo i was smoking some of that 4 months ago good stuff, great looking plants tcbud keep it up you inspire me to have an outdoor garden like that sometime...

tcbud
08-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Driving in last night, the headlights pointed at one of the saddest looking Marijana Gardens in the World.:eek: The girls were in extreem wilt with hundreds of Yellow dead leaves hanging from them! We got some water going and drenched them for the next hour or so. Only one looked to be relativley hydrated. I posted a branch of Northern Lights a few posts back, in extreem wilt, the whole garden looked this way.

Next morning the girls had picked up a bunch and the search for the culprit was on. The water was in the on position at the spicket. Turning the drip system on, and Nothing. Turned it off agian, and back on. Low and behold, the sprinklers came on.:confused2: Off, on, off, on, now I watch it and see if it turns on agian ontime. Did replace the 9v battery, the old one was still good.
Again :confused2:
It did rain while we were gone. I have got hundreds of dead leaves on these plants. Most of them had just or were just going into flower. I calling all but two, the LST and the Tallest are now in flower.:aok: (I wonder how this crazy no water stress will affect the girls, and will these late flowering girls even have a chance to finish.:confused: )

1. NorthernLights
2. Pot of Gold
3. GDP
4. BlueBerry clone was the only one looking good.
5. Afgoo, at 7.5 weeks, first check on trichs, some amber showing with mostly cloudy and few clear.
6. Showcase branch of Flo, seen many times earlier in this thread.

Tallest BlueBerry is 8'5", in the "Tallest Plant" tread, 4U2smoke has her beat big time. The Flo and other BlueBerry are within three inches or less of her.

I am breathing a big sigh of relief. After another good watering tonight, the Afgoo will get their last dose of nutes tomorrow, and the others will be as on schedual.

420benny
08-17-2009, 03:27 AM
Howdy! Figured out that timer problem? That Afgoo looks scrumptious. I will watch for your report. I may want to try that. Wouldn't you jusst love to have a grasshopper tazer? LMAO Get 'em girl!!

tcbud
08-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks for stopping in Benny. Afgoo is one of the husbands favorite strians, along with the NorthernLights. I made it a point to try and get both this year. I am tempted to take a taste from plant #3, as she is showing the most amber of the group.

I am wondering now if it is the well to blame for the no water, but dang, how the heck could that be? I had the timer set for twice a day, five minutes, and no one was here using water. Yesterday, after washing a few loads of clothes, a few hours later I watered by hand, no timer. I noticed the water preasure was down, no biggy. After I come into the house, and run some water from the tap and no preasure. The tap is putting out maybe a quarter of normal amount of water. I figure the five minutes twice a day should not run down the well that bad, so again......
I wonder what it going on. Solution is hand watering, and doing the things with water in the house ten hours before or after watering. I have not had well problems due to drought since the late eighties. Still trying to figure this out.

pcduck
08-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Maybe a leak and pump is pumping more than it should?

tcbud
08-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Maybe a leak and pump is pumping more than it should?

The pump in the well are you refering to? Please clarify that for me....there isnt a pump in the watering system, right???:confused:

pcduck
08-17-2009, 04:25 PM
if there is a leak from the pump/in well to your facet it will leak and keep cycling due to pressure loss. if the leak is in the water lines you should be able to find it without to much trouble water leaking in house or real damp spot outside. If it is the pump inside the well casing you should be able to hear if the pump is cycling or water leaking

UKgirl420
08-17-2009, 05:17 PM
great pics TC :D

420benny
08-17-2009, 05:31 PM
I really hope it's not your well. We barely make it till October some dry years with our water supply before the fall rains recharge the aquifer. Our clues include brown, or smelly water and less flow, then no flow.

tcbud
08-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Way cool, the water is clear. I am on a spring, kinda, so it will refill the well pretty clear. I looked for leaks, and the preasure is good now up here. Still scratching my head, no more drip system, me, I will be watering the girls exclusivly, if I have to pack water....and I dont think it will get that bad if I keep track of water use in the house.

Thanks UKgirl.

tcbud
08-18-2009, 01:40 PM
After two days of using water here at the ranch......I watered the girls good last night with some nutes too. I then find the water pump being really noisy after the watering plants. I go down there (corner of the house outside) and find the pump (not really the pump, but the stuff that is on the house next to the tank, not sure what it is, reostat?) running like crazy, and loud, so I turned it off at the circut breakers. It wasnt bringing any water up cause I had none comming from the faucets. Went down there again this morning and turned it back on and checked to see if there was water....nadda. Call to the plumber is in order, and I am gonna be packing water it looks like. Wonder how long this will take and how much it is gonna cost to get this fixed. Dang, Dang, Dang. :mad: This water system has run like a charm for twenty years.....never a hitch as long as it had electricity to it.....I am sure we got our moneys worth from it. Funny thing....the Garbage Disposal Unit went out last week too....shor hope the septic system is still happy!

zipflip
08-18-2009, 01:48 PM
not to jinx ya tc but they say that thigs usually hapen in 3's. :eek:
haulin water is a pita i know. an i only do like 10-20 gallons every week or two at most. lol
are you talkin ya whole house that has no water runnin now too?

tcbud
08-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Yep, whole house...wo is me....Im gonna have to shower at a friends..and no cooler till late evening....lol.....Least I have two rigs to drive..tho one has been in the shop....maybe I should look into getting it out....dang....wish I had me a teen ager in the house to haul water for me.....
Thanks for lookin in Zip, and I cant count as high as three today.....I got some running round to do in town...and got to get out of here and start my calling to plumber....
More of the Saga of the Sad Pump later....

zipflip
08-18-2009, 02:15 PM
well best of luk to ya wit the whole plumbin ordeal. and hope ya day ends wit somethin good tc.

wish I had me a teen ager in the house to haul water for me.....
im no teenager but i can act an pretend. but hey another advantage to lettin me live in ya cage :hubba: i'd agree to haul water too for ya. LOL

tcbud
08-18-2009, 02:54 PM
You are too funny Zip, get in the car and head out if you want, once you get to California, go north, I will meet you down by the highway,......I just heard it is sposed to get up to 105 today.....lol....lets call that three....K?

I did talk to the plumber, he has some calls out this way this morning....(jumping for joy here)....I feel so lucky, he should be here by ten A.M.!!! I got my check book ready...and a credit card in case he needs one....think I should roll him a Joint too?

painterdude
08-18-2009, 04:28 PM
TC.....don't get him too stoned before he can figure out what's wrong with your system.....personally I always liked using a hose with a good nozzle so as to not blast my expensive dirt out of the pots

I used to Water Witch near Nevada City and surrounding areas.....big oaks always showed you where DEEP water veins were and the MADRONES would show you more shallow water.....do your neighbors have wells?....or spring systems like yours?

Oh, plumbers around here get $100 an hour AND charge you when they leave their dumpy offices..............pee-dude

pcduck
08-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Bummer on the pump. This repair should not take long if it is just the pump. Just remove one and replace with a new one. Now the cost well that all depends on what you want. But hopefully he will have a spare pump on the truck

tcbud
08-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Okay....I have water, for now. Seems it will be the "thing" on the side of the building. He jury rigged it so I have water for now. He kept mumbling bout so and so who put this in...I guess he has run across this guys work before (from the 70's, lol, but dang it sure lasted huh?). He walked all over the place looking for a "well cap", no luck (I kept telling him the realitor said the corner of the house, as where he was looking was no way on the property or no way was a road there when the house was built). So he dug a hole there next to the house, and is following the line out.....then decides it is not the pump it's self, but the box thing. As the amps for the small pump are correct, he is also saying he does not think it is that deep. He was thinking it was a broken pipe, before I ran some water in the house, the pump filled the tank, and the reostat thing worked, so......the wall.....replacement of this six by six by two item will be $200 for the unit, $60 for the initial house call, and.......what ever it takes timewise to replace it. But I have water this very instant, not using it, but it is in the pipes. I am sposed to listen everytime I use the water, and If I Hear That Noise Again, I turn it off at the breaker. Yip Yip Yippeee...
Nice to see you Painter, I got a cousin that "water witched" the well on the property next to me. There is an Oak right above where I thot my well would be...., thanks for stopin in guys. Whew.... It is nice to be able to talk to someone when things like this arise and when things go good too...even if I am sitting here alone, in the midst of nowhere, I know You All are out there.....

zipflip
08-19-2009, 12:02 AM
well good to hear ya water runnin now. i'd hate to be round you not showerin after few days LOL jk.

whenever i call any sort repair person wether electric, plumbing etc.. they all always complain bout the prior work done to the house. lol my house is an old one and has stood up all its guts an all for quite some time now too.

Hamster Lewis
08-19-2009, 12:09 AM
Good to hear tc...glad you hve water once again...it's easy to take such a basic thing for granted...

Smot_poker
08-19-2009, 12:40 AM
i couldn't survive without a shower.... i have dreads, so showers are a must so that i don't start smelling like the stereotypical dirty hippy.

hopefully this guy isn't just being a d-bag and wandering around trying different shizz just to get payed more... there are definitely people in the world who would do that in this world.

420benny
08-19-2009, 01:06 AM
sp, we had the same problem. I really doubt it's a scam. Those old boxes weren't electronic. The points in relays go bad and they are, well... OLD. The new stuff is electronic and works great.

painterdude
08-19-2009, 06:38 AM
:):):):):):):):) WAY TO GO TC....I bet you feel like flushing the toilet right now.....just for the hell of it.....why not.....enjoy the sound of wasted water on it's way to your septic system.....congratulations on what sounds like a 'NOT TOO STRESSFUL EPISODE WITH THE PLUMBER DUDE'

I talked to this landowner once who had FIVE dry wells dug and had to pay the driller for each one......and......when they finally hit water he was dumb enough to let this guy do all the plumbing.....and he had to replace the pump right after the warranty expired.....and bought the new pump from the same guy......some people never learn

Am happy for you TC.....and so are your baby girls.....and the biker dude....take care TC, pee-dude

tcbud
08-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Well, deep subject, it is still MIA. The water, that I was so nicely conserving, went out again. I now beleive the pump in the well will need replaced. BECAUSE the lady I spoke to, said sounds like he bypassed the safety cut off, and the pump will burn out with out it. Shoot, and cuss words all over the place. (I called to tell the plumber at the "shop" the guy broke the hose "bib?" while digging and to bring one when he comes, I am hoping this is the reason for no water now, due to a presure probem...now I am making up things in my mind.....wait wait for plumber.).......the plumber is one his way....just called, but anyhow...no use speculating if I was screwed without a kiss.....we will see if the whole enchalada gets fixed or not with the replacement part. I asked him if they came any cheaper....lol...he sounded indignant and said if you want the husband to, he can try to replace it (I will not be using this plumber agian, it is kinda early and he is helping me out, ah well, "you always get screwed in the drive thru" is a true saying, he has me over a barrel), my brother told me I should have called the other plumber.....dang, I didnt know there was another plumber in town.

Thanks for the kind thots guys....
Painter, after I found I had water, I was still conserving, as I didnt know how long the quick fix would last. I flushed three times before it went out again...lol and filled a gallon jug for later (this morning I am sure glad I did). I had the husband put in tall toilets and they both flush the minimum amount. I conserve when I can....but then I am an American. Water is not wasted here, much.

Benny, you mean it will be digital? is that electronic? cause this item looks like relays...yep. Screws with wires.

Still waiting for the guy to come and install unit....will post, hopefully joyous/wet news soon. My girls didnt get watered yesterday, and I got to buy some five gallon containers if it is gonna be another day.

painterdude
08-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Maybe we should treat this PLUMBER like we treat MALES.....kill 'em....what a nightmare and apparently the Plumber Gods were working elsewhere....

My motto has always been, 'Spend your hard earned dollars ONLY with people that you are ATTRACTED tooooooooooooo.....and.....you LIKE.....and TRUST'

I feel for you right now babe.....maybe the 'hubby' can straighten this idiot out.....pee-dude

tcbud
08-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Painter...if I could spend money with people I was attracted/liked/trusted, my husband would still have all the money. Sometimes a person just has to go on faith. Bites you in the butt more times than not tho.

I have water now, not as much presure as I have been used to, but it seems to be getting better this afternoon (the presure). I did imediatly water the girls as soon as he said I have water (just in case I loose it again). This was a bona fide electriction that did the work, sub contracted by the plumber. I guess instead of the plumber, I should have called an electriction. I have water, but I bet I will have a heart attack when I get the bill. I am a happy camper with the water, the cooler blowing gently behind me....life is good at the ranch once agian. 105f on the deck right now, a cool 75 in here.

Been looking into trimming small growth off the trunk and branches of one plant. It is called "Chicken Legging". I think the GDP#2 will be the test subject. It is a bit smaller than GDP#1, but not by much. This way I will have a controll subject of the same strain. I will get on that in the morning when I look for public enemy #1, Grasshopper, and taking dead leaves off the plants.

Shhh,.....dont tell the husband, I kipped a very small buddly off the Afgoo....got it drying for now. I am so bad. Today marks 8 weeks in flower for them. The plan is to get the biggest couch lock affect we can out of these 4plants.

BBFan
08-19-2009, 09:50 PM
I did imediatly water the girls as soon as he said I have water (just in case I loose it again).

Well, we can see where your priorities lie.:p

Sorry you've been having trouble TC- hope it's resolved soon.

It's amazing how something we so often take for granted becomes so precious when it's taken away.

Shhh,.....dont tell the husband, I kipped a very small buddly off the Afgoo....got it drying for now. I am so bad. Today marks 8 weeks in flower for them. The plan is to get the biggest couch lock affect we can out of these 4plants.

You're so bad!

Colorado Lady
08-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Boy, do you need that afgoo bud now. What a stressful ordeal. Hope it fizzles down to a happy ending for you.

The last time we had to replace our well pump was awful. We started losing weight and feeling not right. Then the pump blew out. Seems we had an awful high population of mice that year. The little buggers were climbing down the pump sisal rope for water and sisal to make a nest with. When they pulled the stinking pump out of the well the rope had broke and fallen into the well, wrapped around the pump and blew it up. Entwined in the rope were lots of dead mice. YICK YUCK YUCK That was 18 years ago and my husband hasn't drank well water since.

4u2sm0ke
08-19-2009, 10:43 PM
:ciao: :watchplant:

tcbud
08-20-2009, 12:02 AM
:watchplant: :bong: :aok: :cool: :batman: is not here.

Hello 4u...and Colorado....:ciao:

Me/plants got water now...nice cold mountain spring water.:D

tcbud
08-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Taste test on the Affgoo, taken from bottom of the plant on the South side.
It needs to go longer......couple weeks at least, Weds. last was its 8 week mark. Not many pistles have gone brown yet. The effect of the two hits I had was very nice, I think this is gonna be a long lasting high, as the immature budley kept me buzzed for a couple hours. The taste was hash like.
Update in the Pic Department later.

zipflip
08-21-2009, 11:33 PM
The taste was hash like my single strain girl i have that i chopped last has the same hash like taste too. and I LOVE HER. i think i love her more than i did my ex wife teh day i married her LOL.

cant wait to see pix.

tcbud
08-22-2009, 03:05 AM
my single strain girl i have that i chopped last has the same hash like taste too. and I LOVE HER. i think i love her more than i did my ex wife teh day i married her LOL.

cant wait to see pix.

LOL....I love all my girls more than the ex husband the day I married him Zip....heres some pics for you all....:D , thank goodness cant say the same bout current husband, he is like a comfortable pair of shoes...never gonna throw him away...:cool:

Funny thing, bout five this evening, the power went out... :rofl: tcbud shakes her head.....life is so fun. Seems there is a fire somewhere in the county....or they are putting in a new relay station, and forgot to let us know bout a schedualed power outage....got all the candles out, the lantern *amazed it was charged*, planned on going to bed early and the lights come on bout the time the flash had to work in the garden.

I know..you aint even reading this, your ooogliing my girls. *tcbud twiddles thumbs while photos upload* We gonna go in a odd fashion, starting with....

1-2 Afgoo eight weeks, 2 shows more pistles going brown.
3. BlueBerry LST, a small lil plant, she shares a container with another tall BB.
4. Flo, LST, she took a bad hit with lost leaves due to water shortage last week.
5. Flo (showcase bud, will be seeing this one bud till we harvest, it is just at a perfect level on her to photograph.
6. Flo, taken with flash, the tallest Flo, cool pic.
7. NorthernLights
8. NorthernLights budleys, almost 2 weeks approx.
9. Edit, this is the Pot of Gold Plant, 4 weeks approximate

Overall, besides the dead leaves from the lack of water, the plants seem to be progressing well into their first month of flowering. I am gonna be suprised as heck if the BB and Flo are going to have time to finish.

annscrib
08-22-2009, 03:41 AM
hiya tc
those are some very pretty plants,, i just love the 1st two:)

TURKEYNECK
08-22-2009, 05:01 AM
Sorry to hear about the water issues TC thats rough I know...on another note that afgoo looks awesome..I mean.. it all looks awesome but the afgoo looks wierd in a cool way:) Im baked:p Good growin' TC.

tcbud
08-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Two more taken last night.

1. Pot of Gold, four weeks, putting on trichs nicely.
2. Grandaddy Purple

Thanks for stopin' in guys and gals.:cool:

HippyInEngland
08-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Looking excellent Tc :)

The Afgoo looks like she will be dried and cured before your other plants finish.

Flo looks gorgeous.

:peace:

chris1974
08-22-2009, 04:05 PM
I sure hope mine end up looking that good ! Nicely done tcbud, maybe you will be able to help me out with my GranDaddy purps ? This is my first time with them

Hamster Lewis
08-22-2009, 09:06 PM
They look beautiful tc....I love when they start packing on the trichs....sugar coated goodness I tell ya...mmmm

zipflip
08-23-2009, 04:18 AM
LOL....I love all my girls more than the ex husband the day I married him Zip....heres some pics for you all.... , thank goodness cant say the same bout current husband, he is like a comfortable pair of shoes...never gonna throw him away...

Funny thing, bout five this evening, the power went out... tcbud shakes her head.....life is so fun. Seems there is a fire somewhere in the county....or they are putting in a new relay station, and forgot to let us know bout a schedualed power outage....got all the candles out, the lantern *amazed it was charged*, planned on going to bed early and the lights come on bout the time the flash had to work in the garden.

I know..you aint even reading this, your ooogliing my girls. *tcbud twiddles thumbs while photos upload*

i like to type an ramble TC but i also like to read :-)

now ya power huh? i spose ya like "wat next..." huh
hey i'll cross my fingers for ya nothin else goes wrong K. :-) :48:

tcbud
08-25-2009, 07:50 PM
1. NorthernLights plant #2
2. Pot of Gold
3. Grandaddy Purple
4. Flo from seed, second tallest in garden.
5. Flo the "showcase" from the above Flo, amazed to see trichs already, she was last to start flower.
6. Tallest, showing her top buds.
7. The largest Afgoo plant
8. Afgoo
9. Afgoo shows more browning pistles every day. Will be checking the color of her trichs this evening.

pcduck
08-25-2009, 08:23 PM
looking real nice tcbud:aok:

Strawberry Cough
08-25-2009, 09:07 PM
1. NorthernLights plant #2
2. Pot of Gold
3. Grandaddy Purple
4. Flo from seed, second tallest in garden.
5. Flo the "showcase" from the above Flo, amazed to see trichs already, she was last to start flower.
6. Tallest, showing her top buds.
7. The largest Afgoo plant
8. Afgoo
9. Afgoo shows more browning pistles every day. Will be checking the color of her trichs this evening.

I would love to try Flo.

tcbud
08-25-2009, 09:16 PM
I would love to try Flo.

Me too.:D

4u2sm0ke
08-25-2009, 10:27 PM
:watchplant: :bong:

:ciao: :aok: