Did I fail @ rice krispies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Aja

I just made my first cannabutter and I'm certain that it was imbued with THC b.c when I licked some off my fingers, it felt like a literal slap on the face as I underwent a "brainshift," or so my friend calls it.

I used ~1/8th O kush to 1 stick butter.

Anyways, I strained the butter, cooled it a bit, then added marshmellows and mixed em together; next I melted them in a rectangular container on plevel 7(out of 10) on my microwave for a minute, stirred, then again for another minute. I used about 3/4 a bag of mini marshmellows and 4/5 a bag of that rice krispie cereal. I cooled it after. I consumed a moderately large chunk of it (it tasted horrible). I waited an hour. Effects: next to nothing, maybe a little spacey. I just ate some soup ~1hr b4, and a large meal ~5hrs ago.

Did I just not eat a large enough portion, or did I fail miserably and waste good kush? And do edibles work best on an empty stomach?

I have eaten an edible before and it totally crippled me to the point that it made old people look like superman compared to me.

P.s: I'm gonna eat half of it and see what happens from there in an hour.

Describe how you made the butter.

Never cook anything using a microwave when using cannabutter, it has to be oven cooked on moderate to low settings.

HippyInEngland said:
Never cook anything using a microwave when using cannabutter, it has to be oven cooked on moderate to low settings.

Why is that HIE?

A microwave will raise the temerature too high too quickly and vaporise the thc, same happens in an oven if the temperature is too high.

Hmmm. I ate like 1/3 the krispies and only a small spacey feel. :( I downed a LOT of water though because of the horrid taste. It tastes worse than hard alcohol with no chaser. :(

A microwave will raise the temerature too high too quickly and vaporise the thc, same happens in an oven if the temperature is too high.
Yeah that's why i microwaved the mixture at a lower temperature for longer.

Anyways, I made my butter like dis:
1.) simmer water in a pot
2.) put butter in a bowl ontop of pot
3.) add in herb
4.) waited hour, stirring every 2-3 minutes
5.) strained butter into container

I want to get super messed up again =/. Even if I felt terrible and as if I was going to die, that single experience was the most religious moment of my life.

p.s: what kind of cannabis is best advised for the use of edibles? (That dynamite idea looks powerful, I'm going to try that next.)

Hey Aja, I've an idea. Try theffengee's firecrackers. The thread is titled something like, "Caution/ Dynamite". Those are easy to make. You don't need to make butter. His idea is great, and it's easier and quicker than butter. Make sure you follow the instructions. If you use half an eight per cracker you should feel religious.

Aja said:
Hmmm. I ate like 1/3 the krispies and only a small spacey feel. :( I downed a LOT of water though because of the horrid taste. It tastes worse than hard alcohol with no chaser. :(

Yeah that's why i microwaved the mixture at a lower temperature for longer.

Anyways, I made my butter like dis:
1.) simmer water in a pot
2.) put butter in a bowl ontop of pot
3.) add in herb
4.) waited hour, stirring every 2-3 minutes
5.) strained butter into container

I want to get super messed up again =/. Even if I felt terrible and as if I was going to die, that single experience was the most religious moment of my life.

p.s: what kind of cannabis is best advised for the use of edibles? (That dynamite idea looks powerful, I'm going to try that next.)

i had the same results when making rice krispies, but when i used butter from the same batch too make brownies they came out way strong. i think its cause you dont use as much butter making the treats.;)

Lo'Tek's Tek.

you may have failed due to the double boiler. i know it helps to not burn it, but as a career degree holding cook, i could never use a double boiler or extracting herb oils. What i would use it for is melting your coco powder and infused coco butter when making med quality chocolates.

When preparing an herb infused oil in a restaurant, you don't put on a pot of oil at low, and deff dont use a double boiler. you take normal circular curved edged sautee pan, get it hot, add your butter quickly in chopped up bits, melt it down, and get it HOT. you dont want it to go over the smoke point, but you do want it to look damn hot.

i would make it about 290-330* as thc vapes at 365. now you toss in your fresh chopped herbs/onions/garlic and let it simmer for a moment. you then turn the heat down taking care not to blacken the herbs. once it has cooled to medium heat you let it simmer for few moments, making sure the temp docent exceed the specific point, and not letting the herbs turn colors.

Strain This into a clear plastic or glass container and place it in the freezer for 1 hour then into the fridge over night. once it is totally cooled(may be much quicker if you have lots of open space in your fridge) EDIT: sorry i forgot to finish the post :p Anyway, you then scrape the transparent portion out and save that. take the milky portion otu aswell and place in a different container. use the clear clarified butter for baking needs, and use the cloudy stuff for like muffins and shtuf.

Make sure when cooking not to go over 350 degrees, or you will vaporize the bud and get your oven stoned. Butter once made can be added to any recipe. i love green rice krispies treats cause there is tons of butter but they always work better if you add a layer of choclate to the top of them then put in the freezer until solid. the chocolate hides the gamey pot flavor. or you can make the mind bender choco-krisp. what you do is take some Mushrooms and make the chocolate shroomy chocolate on top of the krispy's, this will make for a relaxed trip as the ganja krispys will take the edge off of the trip. i made these one aqnd everyone was so stoned that the trip was mellow

Latest posts

Back