Canna-Butter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pothead420

Delta-9
Reaction score
all seems to have went well for my first try at making butter. i did a 6 hour cook and started with a LB. of un-salted butter and i finished up with 223 grams of butter so i lost half the butter in the cook. i think i might have boiled it to hot. i think if i simmered it at lower temps that i would have got more butter back. im not sure how much trim and popcorn buds were used but there was more than enough to make a batch. even though i lost butter in the cook im thinking it will be better since the butter is more concentrated with THC now we'll see;) after the cook it was strained through cheese cloth once to collect the green matter and again to ensure clean butter. then it was poured into container's and left outside in the cold over night then the butter was scraped up and collected:hubba::D

HPIM5614.JPG

56125616.JPG

56155617.JPG

HPIM5618.JPG

HPIM5624.JPG

i just ate some Banana Bread using 1/4 cup of Cana butter instead of the oil:D
i cut the loaf into 6 pieces and i just ate one piece. i will post later today how good it came out im not gonna smoke so i can see just how good it really is:cool:

HPIM5631.JPG

Im sorry for being an Idiot,,but I have never seen nor made Canna Butter and would like to know the exact steps..Could ya help me out,,or are there several ways to do this?:rolleyes:

Its my guess,, that the Buds and shake, cooked in the simering butter(oil),, extracts the THC from the buds, and you just have to seperate the palnt matter from the butter.I will go to youtube me thinks.;)

Pothead420 said:
i just ate some Banana Bread using 1/4 cup of Cana butter instead of the oil:D
i cut the loaf into 6 pieces and i just ate one piece. i will post later today how good it came out im not gonna smoke so i can see just how good it really is:cool:

6 slices and you don't offer any around...................:rolleyes:

Great job Pothead...:D

HippyInEngland said:
Did it smell much when you made it?
LMAO the hole house reaked bad:eek: i cooked for 6 hours early yesterday and the house still had a light scent this morning.:D
but when i used it to cook the bread with it had no smell:cool:

CowboyBudsky said:
Its my guess,, that the Buds and shake, cooked in the simering butter(oil),, extracts the THC from the buds, and you just have to seperate the palnt matter from the butter.I will go to youtube me thinks.;)
basically yes the oil in the butter absorbs the thc. you can use trim or some good bud the potency will vary as to what you use. you boil some water in a pot then add the butter i used only a lb. because i only had a little trim and popcorn buds. once the butter melts add the trim/buds and boil it on a very low heat for at least 6-hours covered you might have to add water to the pot during the cook but the last half hour or so take the lid off and let some of the water evaporate. then you filter it threw cheese cloth i triple layer it then i filter it again as i put it into the container this will ensure clean Butter. i then freeze it and the butter settles on top then i scrape it off and roll it into ball's and wrap up 7 gram chunks in saran wrap to freeze.
some people dont freeze it they put it into the fridge and let the butter settle on top and solidify then they put 2 holes into the butter down into the water then they drain the water and collect the butter

i'd just like to add that certain butters have a mix of oil in them so when they break down to liquid you don't notice but when you try to harden it back up you still have alot of oil left over. that oil contains THC just as the parts of butter that did go soild again. i always try to find butter that has no oil in it. or cook the butter down first and harden it back up before you add mj to it. i hope that makes sense to anyone who cares

When me and my buddy made butter the last time we would take the butter off the stove for a little bit so it didn't get too hot.(We burned it the attempt before that so we were set on doing it right after that) The banana bread idea sounds amazing, that's one of my favorites.

Pot Belly said:
What was the "eat" report? Canna-banana bread sounds like a yummy idea. Or maybe I'd call it "Cannana" bread.
well i cut the loaf into 6 good size pieces i ate one piece then another around an hour later. an hour after that i started to feel it once it kicked in i ended up wrecked:cool: i sat around all day baked out of my brains watching movies:D
i waited to smoke until i felt the effects of the bread once i new it was good i rolled a fatty the mix of eating it and smoking it is great totally bombed :hubba:

Dude back in the day I made all kinds of butter and I loved to make rice crispie treats with them.... My friends loved the green treats... We would get sooooo baked eating those things...

MindzEye said:
Dude back in the day I made all kinds of butter and I loved to make rice crispie treats with them.... My friends loved the green treats... We would get sooooo baked eating those things...
that sounds good i should make them:cool:
i need to use up this Butter im not sure if it goes bad im sure it does but i dont know how long. so im gonna be baking for the next week:hubba:

Yup.

Crock pot on low.

Plus, old t-shirts often work much better than cheesecloth.

I would also recommend when you are filtering out the butter from the plant material to squeeze the ball of weed as hard as you can and watch how much MORE butter you get. Reason being is the majority of it is stuck to the plant matter.

I have doubled my output like this, problem is...it's really friggin' hot.

MindzEye said:
Oh also next time try using a crock pot on the low setting.... It works wonders...
The Effen Gee said:
Yup.

Crock pot on low.

Plus, old t-shirts often work much better than cheesecloth.

I would also recommend when you are filtering out the butter from the plant material to squeeze the ball of weed as hard as you can and watch how much MORE butter you get. Reason being is the majority of it is stuck to the plant matter.

I have doubled my output like this, problem is...it's really friggin' hot. Yesterday 09:33 AM
i actually started the cook in a crock pot but it didnt seem to get hot enough. so i poured it into a pot on the stove to cook. i had it in the crockpot on high for 2 hours and i could put my finger into the mix and it was just luke warm i didnt think it would get hot enough.
i also squeezed the ball of weed to get the extra butter;)
and burnt my hands LOL

Use a couple pans or something instead of your hands,,you know,,kinda like mashing the juice outta the tuna can with the lid. Just an idea. Also it is my guess that if your using a crock pot ya need to be patient,,,like ya would with a roast. Let it simmer for long time. Ya know,,,Love Her Long Time.

When I do the crucial straining, I either put on my mechanics/Bmx/Motocross/airsoft gloves (multi use) and put my hands in those gallon size ziploc bags...

Or..

I wait untill it's not too hot.

When using the crock pot it takes about 8 hours to finish. At least three just to heat up all the way.

Patience is a virtue. I have made cannabutter hundreds of times and the crock pot method seems to be the most efficient. Set, forget 'till tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back