a couple of male sacs open in veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgeezy

Reaction score
just cut some males i identified but they had already opened up a few of their flowers. the plants were in veg. and are just showing preflowers. will the females be ok to flower without seeding if i take clones? jw if it matters that the pollen already opened. i dont think it does since they are not flowering and i will be taking clones of them

I reckon this, if you've got pistils showing...and pollen sacks open...you probably are going to have seeds. Sorry! You should be able to clone, maybe get away without having them pollenated. But either way, you maybe screwed if the pollen got onto the fems....1 pollen + 1 pistil = 1 seed....although it's kinda self destructive, death to the males! ;)

Unless your plants are around week 3,4 or 5 of flower, youll be fine.

Spray any plants you may think might be an issue with water mist to...ruin the pollen...if any.

so since there in veg i can go ahead and start to flower in a week or so.i have already sprayed everything down and i went out and got a hepa filter hoping it will clean the pollen.how long does pollen stick around.

Just depends on what it clings to...not much else you can do besides what yer already doin..just wait, and watch

The Effen Gee said:
Unless your plants are around week 3,4 or 5 of flower, youll be fine.

Spray any plants you may think might be an issue with water mist to...ruin the pollen...if any.
......:confused:... the spraying/misting I undertand,.. but I don't follow the "3,4,5 week" comment..?
"any" pistil, preflowers inclusive, can be pollinated and produce seed..

Hick said:
......:confused:... the spraying/misting I undertand,.. but I don't follow the "3,4,5 week" comment..?
"any" pistil, preflowers inclusive, can be pollinated and produce seed..

3, 4, 5 week is in reference to the differing times it takes female cannabis to reach reproductive maturity.

Most indicas will have sufficient bud, pistil and flower development @ 3 weeks...

While some sativas are late or long to flower due to their naturally longer flower season on the lower hemisphere.

Roger?

In most cases if there are pistils, the plant can recieve pollen from a male. But in some, the plant itself must reach a certain age before pollenation can have the reproductive outcome. You can see this in more landraces from mexico or south asia. Strains that naturally have much longer summertime months than others. These will need sometimes up to 5 weeks BEFORE you see any reasonable sized Pre-Flowers to pollinate.

Remember that if your plant has already developed buds,,,don't spray it for it could mold the bud inside to out and you wouldn't see it till it is too late...pretty much U can't do crap about it.

thanks,but my girls are still in veg just showing pre flowers the male just popped up in less than 48 hours the light is still 18/6.i guess i will continue and hope for the best.i will only be taking clones so they will stay in veg 4 a couple more weeks hopefully they will be alright.

Latest posts

Back