PDA

View Full Version : Is Fluorescent Full Spectrum Light Bulbs good for plant

jake21
03-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Is Fluorescent Full Spectrum Light Bulbs good for plant?..
and at what stage if it is.
thanks

phatpharmer
03-12-2009, 06:28 PM
You can use them no problem, but most peeps just use floro's for vegging as you need a good penetrating light for flowering and the floro's just don't penetrate the canopy enough, unless you buy the high powered T5 floro's an 8 bank of them are equivelent to a 600wMH, and I've seen them used with success but like I said most peeps just use there floro's for vegging!Hope that helps alittle!

Phatpharmer

kubefuism
03-12-2009, 07:08 PM
:yeahthat: The most popular attraction to them is that you can get through the whole veg and flower period... and the cool temps.

lizard
03-12-2009, 08:18 PM
i use them and so far they work great i'm adding 2 more for flowering

uptosumpn
04-26-2009, 11:15 PM
Ok, so I just purchased 3 sunblaze light systems.....two 8 bulb & one 4 bulb,(the 4 bulb will have the 6500k daylight blue's for so-called vegging)... what do u think about using two 4' 8 bulb each HO T5 fluorecsent 3000k warm red bulb systems for ENTIRE FLOWERING cycle??? (@ 5000 lumens ea bulb, using 16 blubs total, that would equal out to 80,000 lumens, which is also equivilent to a 600HPS, (80,000-90,000 lumens) I also wanna get SIX 4' single strip HO T5's, (warm red also) and lay those on the floor parallel to the plants in each row for additional side & underneath lighting..as well as SEVEN 2' HO T5 6500k daylight blue single strips in all four corners & sides @ 2000 lumens ea. these will add an additional 44,000 lumens for a total of 124,000 lumens!!! [[I know, I know, @ 54 watts a bulb x 22 warm red bulbs = 1,188 watts...which is more than a 1000HPS....., effiency wise the 1000Hps would be smarter choice and get more lumens with just that 1 light source (140,000) BUT, HEAT & FLIR is what i am trying to avoid right now!!!!]] which is the main reason for using this type set-up...I am trying to have the lowest radiant heat emmiting in my grow tent, (56" x 56" x 78.75" ie; almost 25sf) growing 20-25 autos in 3 gallon bags,(6.5"w x 7"d x 13"h) that will be in my garage! (btw i live in hot *** S. Fla. and the summer is approaching) and yes, i know HPS is better, and I know how to cool the lights, ect, ect, but security is #1 priority where I am currently renting/livin, and I want to go with a 1000HPS, but to cool the light, run ducting, ect is too much for now, plus I will still be using garage to park a car, and i dont want anybody to see ducting all over the place....so whatta you peeps think??? will it work???:hubba: :confused: :hubba:

You can use them no problem, but most peeps just use floro's for vegging as you need a good penetrating light for flowering and the floro's just don't penetrate the canopy enough, unless you buy the high powered T5 floro's an 8 bank of them are equivelent to a 600wMH, and I've seen them used with success but like I said most peeps just use there floro's for vegging!Hope that helps alittle!

Phatpharmer

stone hands
04-27-2009, 01:19 AM
i have a 100 watt dual spec cfl. its 13" coil style. i've been veggin a month with no fertz and my baby is bout 1 1/2 ft tall and bushy as heck. shes got nodes bout every inch and a half.

The Hemp Goddess
04-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Just so you know...when you start putting in a whole bunch of fluoros, they are going to produce as much heat as a HPS. Fluoros are good, but if you are getting over about 400W, I would recommend going with a HPS. Lumen per lumen, fluoros will put out more heat, cost more to buy initially, cost more to operate every month and produce less bud than a HPS.

uptosumpn
04-27-2009, 08:42 PM
So, I guess I just wasted a bunch of damm money thinking this was the answer to my problem of low heat emitting from my grow tent and garage over-all???!!!!:confused:

I do have a 409CFM wind tunnel 6 for exhaust/scurbbing/odor control that gonna be hooked up to a can66 filter, and will be using a portable A/C, (9000BTU) for active air intake & cool garage....with 2 six inch air circulating fans on each side of tent....So my set-up still wont work???? So I should've just bought the radiant 6 air cooled refector and 600hps/1000hps hortilux with lumintek ballast????:confused: :confused: I'm f*****g confused & pissed right now!!!!!!!

Just so you know...when you start putting in a whole bunch of fluoros, they are going to produce as much heat as a HPS. Fluoros are good, but if you are getting over about 400W, I would recommend going with a HPS. Lumen per lumen, fluoros will put out more heat, cost more to buy initially, cost more to operate every month and produce less bud than a HPS.

dr_toker81
04-28-2009, 02:00 AM
i dont see a prob with what u r using.. i think it should work just fine man.. just grow the goodness and mellow....

purplephazes
04-28-2009, 03:55 AM
hi ya there jake 21 welcome aboard bro ! sorry for the interuption ! just a quick comment on cowboys BOTM looks like a nice entry for may !NICE pic that bro ! take care ! peace !

The Hemp Goddess
04-28-2009, 01:10 PM
So, I guess I just wasted a bunch of damm money thinking this was the answer to my problem of low heat emitting from my grow tent and garage over-all???!!!!:confused:

I do have a 409CFM wind tunnel 6 for exhaust/scurbbing/odor control that gonna be hooked up to a can66 filter, and will be using a portable A/C, (9000BTU) for active air intake & cool garage....with 2 six inch air circulating fans on each side of tent....So my set-up still wont work???? So I should've just bought the radiant 6 air cooled refector and 600hps/1000hps hortilux with lumintek ballast????:confused: :confused: I'm f*****g confused & pissed right now!!!!!!!

I didn't say that it wouldn't work. It just will not work nearly as well as a HPS and will cost more. And, sorry, but yes, IMO, you would have been far better off with a 600W HPS with an air cooled reflector.

uptosumpn
04-28-2009, 06:42 PM
WOW......well I thought if I match , or nearly match the lumens the floro's put out to what a 1000HPS put out, I would have enough light penatration to my plants with the set-up I have..ie; "Full Spectrum".(BTW, I am growing "AUTOS", 20-25 in 3 gal bags) (also will be using Dutch Master Liquid Light & Ducth Master Penatrator<<for better light penatration & intensity since using floro's) But again, like I said in my initial post, I know HPS is KING...just didn't factor in the power/watt consumption with these floro's!!! So with all that said, does anybody think it's possible to get 2oz per plant dry, (my goal, max) using this set-up, growing autos?? my insparation is Grandaddytoke & Richyb's grows!! the best & most yeild I have seen for autos on this site<<but they did use 600HPS & 1000HPS....BUT I HAVE THE LUMENS TO MATCH!!!! HELP PEOPLE!!!! these light systems are already bought, so I'm stuck............................................. ...