Steeping in coffee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if it was possible to make a coffee based tincture? Since THC is soluable in oils, and coffee is kinda oily, would it be feasible to steep some leaves and bud in strongly brewed coffee for a few days and have the THC disolve into a coffe syrup kinda thing? Maybe a combination of coffee and alcohol? (I know, isn't that Kahlua?)

I would like to have something like this that could be added to added to my coffee and help regulate the THC dosage, while getting faster ingestion time then eating.

thanks for looking

look up a way to make bud milk and just add some cream to your coffee, i've heard of it done before for making bud icecream...

Tell me a way to grind up my bud with my coffee beans and get effective results, and I'll give it a try. The only problem is, I've already tried brewing weed with my coffee, and it was a waste of time.

i think if you do hash oil its possible :) , weed oil same thing .
just couple of drops after the boil and mix mix mix and pour on a cup have your coffee :) increase the drops if you need more.
i did milk+tea with THC back at Australia , we just add 4 bags of lipton in a stove or dilma instead of lipton ,... and add hot water ... then start your stove to heat the pan which has the dilma/lipton ( 4 pieces )... after that add 4 spoons of sugar ... then wait 10 minutes until it becomes black and boiling and smelling redtea... then add light or concentrated evaporated milk like carnation light .hxxp://www.nestle.com.au/Products/MSI/Carnation/Default.htm ... then let it boil another 10 minutes ... it becomes browny bage thats when its ready when the sides are brownybage and the middle is abit light. then have that pan ready to pour on a big jug for the tea ... this big jug is used when serving for 8 people little cups of tea.. but believe me i can drink 2 cups .. a cup is 100ml and doesnt matter if their is less then 5 people it will be done by the afternoon .. this jug can store for 6hours heat .. do it in the morning and it must be emptied by noon.
Now when you pour the tea/milk combination to the JUG ,have a filter cap so you can hold back the tea bags so it wont fall in the jug ... put a Quarter on the filter cap . and pour the tea on top of it :) THC will be taken down stairs to the jug :D .. but remember dont throw those herbs yet ... put them in the freezer and you can do it 1 more times . a Q for 2 jugs of servings :) with a pleasant high .. but you will waste alot of THC however its good if you have alot of herbs with you , we had guest and we wanted to do a quick lace fix for them lol , so we did it in this idea and it worked :D

Well if you wanna get really deep into your buzz you could absorb the buds in an alcohol that would be good in coffee. I dont think kaluha or baileys would work. But if you could get a good smooth vanilla vodka and let the buds sit in that for a month or so then just add it to your coffee. Shouldnt take much to catch a high if you add enough bud to the vodka.

Caretaker said:
Well if you wanna get really deep into your buzz you could absorb the buds in an alcohol that would be good in coffee. I dont think kaluha or baileys would work. But if you could get a good smooth vanilla vodka and let the buds sit in that for a month or so then just add it to your coffee. Shouldnt take much to catch a high if you add enough bud to the vodka.

Gonna give it a try. I picked up Kaluha Special, which is 70 proof instead of 35 like regular Kaluha. I will report back with results.

Just an update and a request on dosage amounts.

Have 1/4 oz. good bud soaking in 1 cup of 70 proof Kaluha. I am wondering what a proper dosage would be with this combination. From what I can gather, one dose would be 1/8 to 1/4 gram smoked.

Assuming that tincture is at least as strong as smoke, I figure one cup of tincture (8oz) containing 7 grams of bud should be about 8 ml per dose.

This of course does not take into account evaporating the alcohol to condense the tincture. The dosage then would have to be reduced consistent with the decrease in volume.

Am I wrong in my thinking here?

Final results with the 70 proof Kaluha were very good. The proper dosage seems to be about 10mil, or two teaspoons.

I let the mixture soak for about 3 weeks, shaking whenever I was near by. Strained it through cheese cloth and then covered the bowl of mix (which smelled and tasted awful) with more cheese cloth and let it sit in a dark part of the kitchen for about a week so all the alcohol would evaporate.

The results were exactly what I wanted. A syrupy substance that smelled exactly like sweet coffee. Mixed with ice coffee and was very pleased with results. A mellow kind of high that eases tension and still leaves you mobile.

I will probably play around with the dosages a bit, but 10 ml seems a good start. Point of caution though, there is a residue left on the sides of the bowl after the alcohol dries off. Do not scaped this off and pop it into your mouth unless you have absolutely nothing planned for the next few hours. I did and you can guess the results! :hubba:

Latest posts

Back