Baking with fresh pot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
I was wondering if it was necessary to dry and cure pot before using it to bake a batch of cookies? Your opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Are you making canna-butter or canna-flour with it first?

Hello Alistair :)

Do you like your bud cured before smoking it?

Does cured bud allow the bud to become more psychoactive before smoking it?

:peace:

Actually Hippy, I was thinking of your experience in making iso oil when I posted this thread. I thought that you took a fresh plant for the job. Yes, what you say makes sense. Thanks.

Six, I always make canna butter and then immediately use the butter for my cookies.

HippyInEngland said:
Hello Alistair :)

Do you like your bud cured before smoking it?

Does cured bud allow the bud to become more psychoactive before smoking it?

So what if you were just using the trim to make the canna-butter? Would you cure that too? I havnt actually done any canabis cooking yet so im very curious on the techniques...i have bought a couple of cook books but they dont really go into detail on that portion of it...

Alistair Young said:
Actually Hippy, I was thinking of your experience in making iso oil when I posted this thread. I thought that you took a fresh plant for the job. Yes, what you say makes sense. Thanks.

Six, I always make canna butter and then immediately use the butter for my cookies.

Gotcha...:cool2: Im new at this so i just assumed that you use fresh trim and such for making the canna-butter...

Alistair Young said:

If you have mouldy bud ISO is the way to go, pointless curing mouldy bud ;)

In the past I've always used dried and cured bud for baking cookies. It hasn't failed yet. I was just curious, and pretty much knew that the question was stupid, but...

Yes, it was moldy. The iso is very stoney. huh? I'd like to make some iso oil sometime, but my brother really likes the cookies a lot.

Six said:
So what if you were just using the trim to make the canna-butter? Would you cure that too? I havnt actually done any canabis cooking yet so im very curious on the techniques...i have bought a couple of cook books but they dont really go into detail on that portion of it...

Trim is best dried so the chlorophyll doesnt leech into the butter making it taste horrid.

No need to cure trim, but if you using actual bud, the better the quality you can get it before making butter, the better the butter.

If you dont mind the taste of chlorophyll, do it wet.

Latest posts

Back