Where'd we go wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gurubomb

Reaction score
Hey guys, I come to you with a query: A couple friends and I tried to cook ganja brownies, but after eating them and waiting for at least 4 hours, nothing happened. I thought I was getting a slight high, but it was very short (5 minutes) and I was barely soaring.

Here's the recipe we used:
We used a brownie mix that used cooking oil instead of butter.

So we ground up the weed, threw the oil in a stir pot, put it on just below simmering, and threw in the weed.

We did not use canola oil, we used vegetable cooking oil.

We let the weed/oil simmer for about an hour and then directly mixed it with the egg, quarter cup of water and the brownie mix.

We used 5 grams of pot with 1/4 cup oil, and so yea, I have know idea *** happened, any ideas?

Thanks

What temperature did you cook the brownies at?

What quality was the weed?

How many brownies did you eat?

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
What temperature did you cook the brownies at?

What quality was the weed?

How many brownies did you eat?
:peace:

cooked em at 375

the weed wasn't bad, it wasn't shwag, but i've definitely had better. i would've smoked it but I'd rather smoke something better if i had it

we each had a quarter of the entire pan

djsmaverick said:
Did ya use shake, buds, or all of it???

i don't know what shake is.

we used 5 g's of buds, and ground all of it minus stems n seeds

do you think we didn't use enough weed? maybe we didn't cook it enough? any one have any bad experiences with weak brownies?

I've never had pot brownies but maybe you just didn't use enough bud... That's the only thing I can come up with. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

for cooking its best to use more then 10 grams for servings of a plate . but i am sure its something to do with the temperature in the oven when cooking...
or maybe when heating the oil with the weed =/

hey guys,

these are all good thoughts, but i really dont think those temperatures would matter right?

would the crystal decompose or something?
or did we not absorb it properly?

:) Ok I have made cookies and brownies and from what I read it seems to me that you just didn't use enough bud to the ratio of brownie mix. I would say if you can double the amount of buds. Then it should do ya better.:aok: Did for us. :stoned:

:eek: :( Shoot forgot to add that ya temp does matter. It will burn out all the thc if you cook it at a high temp for to long of a period of time.:cry: It's good to cook it at a lower temp. for just a little longer. :ccc:

i cook brownies/cookies at 350F. i usually use a mixture of small buds and trimmings at a ratio of about 3 oz per lb. of butter. Usually it takes 4 brownies (1-2 doses ea) from the dispensary for me to feel anything at all. I ate 1 of my brownies and was REALLY REALLY high for a solid 6 hours, and since i usually smoke or vape 10 times a day, so its a pretty efficient way to stay stoned.:p

btw just use regular unsalted butter, no brownie mix either (mine tasted horrible the 1 time i used mix) - way better when made from scratch

I beleive you said you simmered it for a hour? Did it smell really good at first then not so good? This happened to me my first time, you need to only heat it up for a minute or two on very low heat, since it is going into a 375 degree oven. You used more than enough weed, but its was all probably toast within 3 minutes in that hot *** oil, you only need a quarter minimum if using a packaged mix and they will launch ya just fine.....hope this helps! it sux losing green......

I've made plenty of cookies ( no brownies), and one cookie is all you need. I always use good quality bud, and no less than one ounce per eight ounces of butter. I can't imagine five grams being enough for a batch of brownies. It seems as though you didn't use enough.

I don't know if vegetable oil is good to use or not. I always use butter myself.

375 ferenheit killed the THC. it burns around 354 if i remember right. maybe the lower 300s...

yeah i would say you need waaaaay more bud in the mix. 5 grams would be sufficient for maybe a 1/4 batch of brownies, but not a full 9x13 pan.

Alistair Young said:
I've made plenty of cookies ( no brownies), and one cookie is all you need. I always use good quality bud, and no less than one ounce per eight ounces of butter. I can't imagine five grams being enough for a batch of brownies. It seems as though you didn't use enough.

I don't know if vegetable oil is good to use or not. I always use butter myself.
Would love to get that cookie recipe off you. I am trying to learn more on how to cook with MJ and proper amounts to use. So lets say a half of cookie would get half the day etc. I enjoy smoking MJ but not all the time kinda like when i like saving my Cigars smoking them here and there Thank you JJ:)

In the past I have made brownies from a mix using butter even though the recipe called for oil. Essentially butter is an oil. It just makes the brownies richer. I have used 3.5 grams of grass (ground fine) simmered with a stick of butter for a few minutes then added the entire lot to the recipe just as the oil substitute. I can't recall what the recipe called for oven temp. wise but I am in the habit of baking things at a lower temperature for a little longer. The bud was top notch and the skunky taste went very well with the chocolate. A little while later I was completely torn up after eating a quarter pan. I remember being too stoned to sleep later that night.

Too stoned to sleep at nite ??? I wish i had that kind of tolerance...~

Killuminati420 said:
375 ferenheit killed the THC. it burns around 354 if i remember right. maybe the lower 300s...

It actually vaporizes around 350. It burns above 400.

:48:

It sounds like the oven temp was too high. 290 is an ok temp, it just takes longer.

Latest posts

Back