Temperature THC breaks down at.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HippyInEngland

Smoke Free Zone.
Reaction score
THC has a boiling point of 200°C (392°F). However before the THC boils, other parts of the oil evaporate and boil.

Here are some important temperatures: At 21°C (70°F) the most volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending a pungent odor to the air.

At 31°C (87°F) the less volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending the air even more pungent odors.

At 39°C (102°F ) virtually all of the terpenoids undergo evaporation fairly rapidly.

At 50°C (122°F) THC-Acid decarboxylates as the water molecule held in the carbonate form evaporates. This activates the THC.

At 66°C (150°F) Cannabidiol (CBD) melts and starts to evaporate.

At 185°C (365°F) Cannibinol (CBN) boils.

At 200°C (392°F) THC boils. Clear vapor from a vaporizer.

Just info.

:peace:

thanks HIE, very helpful :aok:
~~~~~~~~~~~~:peace:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mind quoting your source hippy? I was under the impression that THC did not start to decarboxylate until the 65-75C range. Thanks for the post irregardless.

So would it be correct to say that when slow simmering/cooking to make oil or butter the temps need to stay between
(122°F) THC-Acid decarboxylates as the water molecule held in the carbonate form evaporates. This activates the THC.
and
(150°F) Cannabidiol (CBD) melts and starts to evaporate.?

Thanks for the info by the way!

Gourmet: thats the general idea, if you cook it to hot you will vaporize and or destroy the thc content resulting in a less potent final product. At the same time I have cooked banana bread at 350F and its turned out awesome, get rocked off your backside. Maybe this is because the internal temp of the bread never quite hits the external temp of the oven? I'm not sure.

so maybe the rice krispy treats come out more potent because we dont have to bake them under high heat,.hmmmmmm

I wouldn't know I don't eat that stuff. My diet is pretty strict, but it would be a safe assumption, so long as you got your heat high enough while making butter to convert the non active THC into active THC.

HippyInEngland said:
THC has a boiling point of 200°C (392°F). However before the THC boils, other parts of the oil evaporate and boil.

Here are some important temperatures: At 21°C (70°F) the most volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending a pungent odor to the air.

At 31°C (87°F) the less volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending the air even more pungent odors.

At 39°C (102°F ) virtually all of the terpenoids undergo evaporation fairly rapidly.

At 50°C (122°F) THC-Acid decarboxylates as the water molecule held in the carbonate form evaporates. This activates the THC.

At 66°C (150°F) Cannabidiol (CBD) melts and starts to evaporate.

At 185°C (365°F) Cannibinol (CBN) boils.

At 200°C (392°F) THC boils. Clear vapor from a vaporizer.

Just info.

:peace:

I stumbled on this post...
Helpful!!!! Thanks Hippy

Can someone sticky this thing please??

Good looking out Hip, and thank you. Peace out

Latest posts

Back