To Anyone With A Vaporizer: Cook With Your Leftovers!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdogg

Reaction score
Ive asked a lot of people who have vaporizers, and not many people know to save the vapored ground up buds to cook with. Save up about an ounce and a half or two ounces of the leftover vape matter and turn it into butter. What I do is mix it with a few cups of water and however much butter my cookie recipe calls for, plus a little more to make up for whatever butter is lost during straining. I then simmer this semi-covered for a good 3-4 hours smashing and stirring frequently. Afterwards, I strain everything through a cheesecloth, pouring more boiling hot water through to make sure everything is strained. I also squeeze the crap out of the cheesecloth afterwards. Then, I put the strained liquid into the freezer to quickly solidify the butter (the thc filled butter will solidify on top of the water). When the butter is solid, poke a hole in it and pour out the nasty brown water in the bottom, and you should have a nice green butter patty to cook with. The cookies I have made using this method are by far the strongest edibles I have ever eaten, and I have tons of friends who have eaten them and said that just one cookie is too much to handle.

I made some cookies last night! I used about an ounce of vaped remains. This is my first real attempt at cooking with cannabis.
I must say weed doesn't smell that great when cooked. :holysheep: I will definately strain the cannabutter 2 more times thru cheesecloth next time.
Still, after eating a few of them it becomes an aquired taste.

here's a few pics!!!! :woohoo:

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Never thought to save that stuff. As long as it isn't burned (sometimes my digital vape spikes in temp and starts burning the stuff, dang it) I'll be keeping it. awesome. reduce, reuse, recycle, lol.

If it's heavily vaped weed and close to being black, don't bother. If it's a light brown, it's good. The lighter, the better. Add a little fresh herb and voila!

:)

:confused2: I thought that once you vaped the mj all the thc is vaporized :confused2:

I woud have guessed all of the trics would be by, by ?

I hve seen some say cook with it and others say it's a waste of time...the only way to know for sure is to do it myself...I am saving my vape leftovers and when hve enough I will cook with it and report back...

When using a vaporizer, the process is controlled~so, the THC doesn't all vape off all at once.
If you quit a bowl early, you can save it and extract it's remaining THC into butter or oil for cooking purposes.

It's a matter of taste. And I mean taste buds..... It needs to have some fesh herb added before cooking and the MJ Butter or Oil needs to be thoroughly filtered thru cheesecloth, while still warm, for best taste!

Also, use extra dark chocolate in ur recipe`

IMHO

:shocked:

I have been saving mine too from my Da Buddha and most of it is dark brown but not burnt. Maybe it depends on what type of vaporizer one uses?

hmm this is intriguing, i'll remember this when i buy myself a vap lol

A good quality vaporizer should not leave any THC in the remains.

Latest posts

Back