Cannabutter question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I'm REAL new here but I DID it! WOOOT WOOOOT!

I dont know about wet trim. It might taste and smell like HAY!

I used my crock pot! ( It will never be the same ) LOL

3 LB> unsalted good butter

2 oz popcorn bud, trim, stem Sealed in cheese cloth, 2 ROCKS (YEP ROCKS)
to hold down the goodies!

1 cup of water! a must.

I melted the butter with the water on high.
Then added the GOOD stuff!

make sure its all saturated with butter.
turn down to warm.

cook for 22 HOURS!
stiring for time to time.

I loved the smell. when finished. I wrapped it again in more cheese cloth. put on rubber gloves and SQUEEZED the rest of the goody out of it.
pour into a bowl. refridge over night covered.
pop it out of the bowl. do not keep the left over water. I cut mine up in 4 oz sticks.

OMG

Yeild 2.2 pounds i'm started baking with it. I love it better then the oil I made.

Good Cooking

if you ground up your weed and let it simmer directly in the water and butter you sill get a stronger butter because the THC is more freely released.

donnachris67 said:
if you ground up your weed and let it simmer directly in the water and butter you sill get a stronger butter because the THC is more freely released.

22 hours? I do mine in the crockpot 6-12 hours and it's killer potent. I cant imagine you really get better doing it that long.

Lass

LassChance said:
22 hours? I do mine in the crockpot 6-12 hours and it's killer potent. I cant imagine you really get better doing it that long.

Lass

when using the crockpot, i cook for 2 hours a day for three days. this came from a cookbook that i had borrowed from the local library.

The "Library" has marijuana cookbooks?! How did I miss that? I always check out cookbooks in library... I will look for these specifically now, Thanks! G2P

Gone2pot! said:
The "Library" has marijuana cookbooks?! How did I miss that? I always check out cookbooks in library... I will look for these specifically now, Thanks! G2P

my local library says that they supplier doesn't have marijuana cookbooks, but i can interlibrary loan them from other libraries...lol for real.:)

that sounds awesome! i should start going to the library

if u ever read about not adding water to the crockpot, beware. the water just prevents the crockpot from cracking. i now put my butter/weedflour mix in the middle of the crockpot in its own glass jar, surrounded by water in the crockpot. I cracked my crockpot using only butter and flour and no central jar. the liquid level caused my problem. The crockpot needs to be filled at least 25percent liquid. or u risk cracking. mine cracked even on low due to not enough liquid. fyi peace

I put a pot on the stove. Put a jar in the pot. Fill the jar wit butter, however many sticks you want to make. Fill the pot with water. Turn the stove on mid-high. Dont boil the water but get it hot enough to melt the butter in the jar. Once the butter is melted put in your trimmings. I would keep trimmings in the freezer after i trimmed the plants untill i use them to make butter but i guess it doesn't matter if they are dry. Now just let it soak. Days? I think thats overkill. I did a few hours and my butter got me high as hell. When your done just put a coffee filter over the jar, screw the lid on and strain through the filter. Unscrew lid and squeeze all the butter through the filter. Let butter harden in fridge and your done.

A little tip that i found to help. I added a cup or 2 of water to the butter while it was melted. I think this thins it out some and helps with extraction. Makes it easyer to stir and pour. But if you add water remember that it will separate from the butter when it cools down.

How i harden butter:
I cut a 2 liter bottle in half. Take the top half with the lid on and flip it upside down. I place the top half into the bottom half so it will hold it. Then i pour my butter/water mix into the upside down top part of the bottle. I stick it in the fridge to cool. Once it has cooled the water will have separated from the butter and will be underneath the butter. I take the top half of the bottle out of the bottom, hold it over the sink, and unscrew the bottle cap. The water will drain out and i will have only a ring of butter. I run hot water on the outside of the bottle to melt the butter just enough to get it to slide out of the bottle. =)

Bleek187 said:
I put a pot on the stove. Put a jar in the pot. Fill the jar wit butter, however many sticks you want to make. Fill the pot with water. Turn the stove on mid-high. Dont boil the water but get it hot enough to melt the butter in the jar. Once the butter is melted put in your trimmings. I would keep trimmings in the freezer after i trimmed the plants untill i use them to make butter but i guess it doesn't matter if they are dry. Now just let it soak. Days? I think thats overkill. I did a few hours and my butter got me high as hell. When your done just put a coffee filter over the jar, screw the lid on and strain through the filter. Unscrew lid and squeeze all the butter through the filter. Let butter harden in fridge and your done.

A little tip that i found to help. I added a cup or 2 of water to the butter while it was melted. I think this thins it out some and helps with extraction. Makes it easyer to stir and pour. But if you add water remember that it will separate from the butter when it cools down.

How i harden butter:
I cut a 2 liter bottle in half. Take the top half with the lid on and flip it upside down. I place the top half into the bottom half so it will hold it. Then i pour my butter/water mix into the upside down top part of the bottle. I stick it in the fridge to cool. Once it has cooled the water will have separated from the butter and will be underneath the butter. I take the top half of the bottle out of the bottom, hold it over the sink, and unscrew the bottle cap. The water will drain out and i will have only a ring of butter. I run hot water on the outside of the bottle to melt the butter just enough to get it to slide out of the bottle. =)

Mate your a life saver, thank you. This proberly sounds like a stupid question but if it is put into like a cake or something how potent would it be, I've never had it but I'm planning on my making it next weekend. Once it's made what would be the best way to have it? Toast? Sandwich? used in cooking?

Latest posts

Back