Help me fight this pesticide!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedOak181

Reaction score
My marijuana plant was sprayed with a pesticide and I think it may be dying. It is 8" tall and it is my first grow, I have brought it indoors but the leaves are still droopy and the lowest leaves are yellowish. Is there anyway of saving this plant? Are there common ways of fighting a pesticide against weeds? Ironically it was sprayed by "Weed-Man Inc".

It was doing so nicely right before the spray.

So I did a little research on pesticides/herbicides/weedkillers on wikipedia and found these two types of action:

• Contact herbicides destroy only the plant tissue in contact with the chemical. Generally, these are the fastest acting herbicides. They are less effective on perennial plants, which are able to regrow from roots or tubers.
  • Systemic herbicides are translocated through the plant, either from foliar application down to the roots, or from soil application up to the leaves. They can destroy a greater amount of plant tissue than contact herbicides.
I called the company and they said (sounding ever-so cluelessly) that they used a contact herbicide...so good news I think. What should I do to combat this and how can I get this thing to keep on growin?

wash it off with plain water. then give it light, soil and ferts.

Latest posts

Back