Deformed plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jraddude

Reaction score
So I started my first grow 15 days ago, and I think its going OK for my first try. I had 4 out of 6 seeds sprout (germinated in soil). I have a 400w HPS thats about 16" above the plants. Im using potting soil (already had nutes in it, rookie mistake I guess) mixed with perlite. Once they got bigger I sprayed Terracycle plant food (3-2-2). I mightve sprayed too soon, but it says this stuff is made from worms so it doesnt cause chemical burn? I dunno, maybe you guys know more about that..

Now, I was wondering if anybody has seen anything like my 4th plant, "Danielle" :) After like 10 days, she stopped growing. She had the 2 cotyledons and two leaves and then a center shoot that looks like a cup. Just yesterday she started growing more leaflets next to the preexisting ones, but 2 on one side and only one on the other. Im thinking this is like a down syndrome plant. Any ideas?

One of my other plants' leaves are turning inward and upward, its the same temp and everything else as the other plants that are doing fine, so I was thinking maybe a Mg deficiency?

Any help would be great, thanks guys

Danielle 2.JPG

Becky.JPG

I don't do seeds but,
I can say that your light is too close.
put it up 36" and slowly lower it over 2 weeks.
looks like the poor girls have dried up.
Whats your Temp & humidity?

I dont know exact temp and humidity. Temp I would guess mid 80's at HIGHEST. I have a strong fan blowing and when I put my hand over the plants it doesnt get any warmer than the rest of the room. Humidity seems moderate. Ill have to go buy those tools tomorrow, along with a PH tester Im guessing.

raise yer light a bit to around 20" from tops. you should be straight ph'ed water only and just when they need it. leaf curl suggests to much water and overfert. room temps get it down to 80F and test at plant level. yer using fert'ed soil so DO NOT FEED fer a least 3 weeks.

Latest posts

Back