Plants are drooping and dying - Please Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4leaves

I dont know if this is the problem but my ppm got up to 2500 when I switched to flowering because I added too much nutrients. I immediately drained about 2 gallons water and added 3 gallons of fresh water. It brought my ppm down to 1200. It doesn't seem to be getting better as of now.

If this was the problem, how long does it take for the plant to recover?
Should I just replace all of the water and start fresh again?

Day 33
Day 5 Flowering
PPM 1150
400 WATT HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM BULB
12/12 Light Cycle
66 quart resevoir filled about 3/4th
Flora Nova Bloom
Floracious Plus
Bushmaster

Day33 005 rs.jpg

I sen't Stoney Bud a PM letting him know about your problem. I know nothing about hydro so i wouldn't be much help.

4leaves said:
If this was the problem, how long does it take for the plant to recover?
Should I just replace all of the water and start fresh again?
I can guarantee you that the over feeding is the problem. Yes, drain the entire reservoir and start over.

The old leaf may not recover at all. The new growth will grow normally. Just consider this a lesson learned. The guys who put the feeding rate on the nutrient bottle know what they're talking about. You should NEVER put more, and quite often you need less than what they "suggest".

Good luck man. This will probably set you back a week or so. Since they are in flower, there is no telling is the stress has been enough to make them hermies or not. Time will tell. Watch for male flowers now. If you get away with it, you'll be one of the lucky ones. When this happens in the vegetative cycle, it's much easier for the plant to adjust.

Let us know how it goes.

yea i know... I wasn't trying to over feed i just was trying to get my ppm up to 1000. Everytime I added a teaspoon and measured the ppm it was only going up by a nominal amount. oh well, yes i def learned my lesson. i'm just glad this is still the experiment grow cycle. i will def not do this with my "real" seeds.

Latest posts

Back