Got some spots on here (with pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockydog

Grower at Heart
Reaction score
My "buddy" grew this nice looking plant, He brought it over to me today to see if I could help, when he noticed the spots yesterday morning it was only the first set of 3 that were showing them, but this morning it moved its way up to the first set of 5. I told him I'd post some pics (my new camera):ccc: on here and ask the pros as he doesnt have the net. So what do you guys think I can do to revive this plant.

Plants are in FFOF soil, never been fed any nutrients. It is approx 6 weeks old. It is in a 2.5 gallon bucket. (I tried tellin him he was gonna want to transplant into 5 gal, but he says he is gonna finish out in this bucket.) I have FFs GB, TB, and BB here but I wont feed it unless you guys say I should as the rest of the plant is a beautiful dark green.

DSC_0580.jpg

DSC_0566.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

The first pic just shows a bit of yellowing, was wondering if it is a N problem?

Any thoughts, this was a nice looking Female, hoping she'll be alright.

Are the leaves at the bottom of the plant

yes, it is working its way up. I will post more pics in a bit because it is getting worse.

mornin rocky'... kind of a tough one..:eek: but I'll give it a shot.
6 weeks in 2.5G of FF...that soil has to be running low on nutes. She is likely running low on root room also.
What is he running for lights?..."possibly" she isn't getting sufficient coverage to the bottom.
How about the water source?..city tap?..filtered?..thinking "possibly" a buildup of salts. I'm assumeing the ph is close or it wouldn't be so healthy at 6 weeks.

"I"...would probably uppot it too a 5'r in fresh FF and see if that didn't fix it. Another 8 weeks in that small pot is definately going to be an issue.

Time to feed, in my opinion.

I've had worse yellowing than that, though. She doesn't look too bad.

running on 2 wal-mart light setups 4bulbs. He has been watering with tap water treated with a buffer and ph adjuster (made for fish tanks) He has been adding cal/mag also made for fish tanks. I believe it is rootbound as well. Ph is between 6.3 and 7 (depending on the area of soil checked). Sincce he wont transplant her, I will just suprise him with a transplanted chica. If I transplant I shouldnt fed though, right? The new soil will have the nutes needed?

Latest posts

Back