Smelly Jar!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbak67

bobbak67
Reaction score
So I took an old spaghetti sauce jar and washed it out with very hot water and soap, let it soak for a while and still kinda smells like sauce. Is it ok to cure in this jar without that smell ruining my buds? Will the smell go away and turn to a pleasent bud smell for future harvests? :confused:

bobbak67 said:
So I took an old spaghetti sauce jar and washed it out with very hot water and soap, let it soak for a while and still kinda smells like sauce. Is it ok to cure in this jar without that smell ruining my buds? Will the smell go away and turn to a pleasent bud smell for future harvests? :confused:
I would wash it out with some bleach. That will get rid of the smell. Be sure and wash it out with hot water after you use the bleach. ;)

Hey bobbak67, you can go to your local grocery store and get some canning jars. I believe they're called "Ball" canning jars. They have great lids with rubber seals and are new. A couple of bucks apiece and they hold about a quart I think.

I use gallon freezer baggies in a cardboard box with a lid. Works great.

I'm sooooooo cheap!

I use the ball jars. The quart size I fill with 1/2oz unpacked bud.

Latest posts

Back