Tetraploid Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Keef

Some of U may have heard the story of UBC Chemo and Dr. David Suzuki !--- I have been unable to get the tetra called Pink Kush from Billy Budd out of Canada or locate a real cut of UBC Chemo !--- So I've been working on inducing polyploidy myself !-- Tricky but I have the skills to get it done !--- Anyway anyone runs across pot plants folding out 4 leaves at a time instead of 2--- I would really like a cut !

There are over 7,000 varieties of regular diploid weed and only a handfull of tetraploid varieties! --- I'm out to explore genetically doubled ( tetraploid) varieties and breed something new !--- Don't believe half of what U read about tetraploids --There is just not enough known !
Any input about Tetraploids would be appreciated!

I have another batch of seed wet !-- This will be my 5th attempt at inducing polyploidy with a process involving a chemical found in "Surflan AS"-- The seed I'm working with are --Chem91-x-The Sugar -x-Chernobyl !
compliment of Hippie 420 !---
I treat a half spoonfull at a time !--- 50-60 seed !--If I have 2-6 survive this genetic doubling then I did good !---This is not like --just follow the directions and U get a tetraploid !--- This is more like fishing !-- Everything can be perfect and U catch no fish !--- I'm at the right place-- got plenty of the right bait and skills so I'm fishing !-- Every tetra may not be the legend I'm looking for !---
I have had 4 survivors so far which seem to be --mixploids --So of the cells converted but not all !-- Although there is one that if it lives may be a tetraploid !-- Wish me luck !

Decided to step outside the O.F.C. and do some fishing while I'm doing my Voodoo thing to these seed see if I can't get a cut of Billy's Pink Kush smuggled out of Canada ! --

About 3-4 days the sprouts meet the Zombie Juice !--- See what lives !-- I'm getting the extra thick meristem but they come up open low and stop growing then most slowly die !--

I started this thread because my peeps in the O.F.C. are getting tired of my Tetra rants !--- I'm surprised to see a few dozen people have stopped by !--- U got a question about Tetraploid Marijuana ? --- Ask away !-- I may not have the answer yet but I will !--- They call this genetic manipulation but this is 100% weed !--- I'm looking for a trick pony for when prohibition ends in Texas !--- By trick pony I mean a single plant not a variety that is unique !---No reputable breeder would do this !--- They are trying to back breed and stuff to stablize a trait !--- I want to do the opposite !--- With the different ways strands of chromosomes recombine in a polyploid it forces mutations! --- I can chunk some pollen but I'll never be a world class breeder !-- I don't have the resources or room !--- but them world class breeders don't have what I got either !-- Only thing is when I am competent at genetic doubling I may be able to take thier best work and supercharge it !--- Try as they might -- They can never breed a tetra !-- I'm gonna do a tap dance all over 30% THC !

I know that name from Botany !-- Don't know how I remember! -- but he did stuff to plants like George Washington Carver !--- I gotta go look !

I was gonna look him up this morning Umbra !-- I was convinced he did some work with potatoes !

I got this mutant GG#4 that looks all knarly !-- It looks like 3 stems with thier grow points wrapped in the same skin !---I wish I could say it was my work but I think this is a natural mutation !-- I posted a pic of it on the O.F.C. 2-3 days ago !-- I was afraid the mutation would not reappear in it's limbs !-- Looks like maybe on some limbs !-- I'm a cloner !--I can propagate it !-- I have no idea if this mutation will affect potency at all but working in surgery for 20 years ---If U find one mutation there will be more keep looking !-- This plant is not a tetraploid! -- It is just a freak !--- These seed I plan to treat in a few days are beginning to pop already !
I germinate the seed in a jar of water on a warm shelf !-- 3-5 days into germination they receive a 24 hour soak in my Zombie Juice !-- A good rinse to leach out any remaining poison then the sprouts go into a good seed starting soil !---Then we wait !--- If the gods of science are pleased with my effort I may be blessed with a plant that has survived and made the change from diploid to tetraploid !----It is tedious but Keef ain't leaving without his tetra !

monsanto..KIDDING Keef... your scientific cannabis is way over my head to even comment. but i wish you the best... You crazy mad scientist.

Keef, keep it up! I just don't get involved because it's way past my level! Now you want to talk about volumetric efficiency, turbo wheel speeds, and manifold pressures, I'm your guy. Lol

I ask D.D. the other day what kind of pickle jars U think Monsanto uses in they lab ? -- What ever they do it'll probably start with making the right tetra male ! -- We get half our DNA from mom and half from dad !--- Breeding a tetra with 4 strands of DNA to a regular diploid with 2 strands -The offspring will get 2 strands from the tetra and one strand from the Diploid parent giving the offspring 3 strands on DNA ---A sterile triploid !-- 3 can't be divided evenly so the plants from these seed will be sterile !---These are the "Terminator Seed" -- Such as Diablos Pink Kush !--- I have to have not just a tetraploid--- it has to be the right one !--

I know U people from the Old Farts Club done heard all this before but I'm trying to work here !-- Educate the peeps !-- Those sterile triploid seed I was talking about ? --- If these seed are treated and genetically doubled ?--That plant will have 6 strands of DNA-- 6 can divide evenly !-- They ain't sterile anymore !--- A (6n) male was /is my Green Grail !--- I got to give Billy Budd respect !--- He got just such a male named Sequoia !--- As far as I know it is the only one in the world !--- What is the significance of such a male ? --- He has 6 strands of DNA so when he give half his DNA to an offspring he is contributing 3 strands !--U breed him to any regular diploid plant which will contribute 1 strand -The offspring is a tetraploid !--- This when U can put the chemicals down and breed tetras !---

I have the seed to be treated germinating in a jar of water on a warm shelf !--- Most have split and the tap root is visible !--- I will watch until most have a taproot about half an inch long or so on average !---- I want them at the point where there cells are rapidly dividing! --- I 'll then drain these water off the seed and replace it with 1 part Surflan AS to about 8,000 parts distilled water !---I would suggest U don't mess with this stuff !---- No I'm not saying exactly where I'm at with the numbers but that's where I started !--- The sprouts will sit in a dark warm place in the poison for 24 hours !----A long rinse then they go into seed starting soil ! ---Then we wait !
I use another chemical to piggy back the Surflan into the cells of the sprouts !--Once inside the chemical interfers with cell wall production and instead of a cell having one set of DNA it has 2 and ever cell in the plant must do this !---This is right at the edge of death !---

I think another day maybe 2 before these sprouts meet the poison !--- Seems one or more of the survivors may have made the conversion and will survive !---Only way to know for sure is with a microscope and slide !--but if they make 4 leaves at a time instead of 2 ---Pretty sure bet U got it done !--- One way or another -- I'll have a new tetra !---I can do this once a month for the next year if nessesary! ---It won't be long !

Guess you guys see what I'm dealing with! Of course, you know he's onto something, right? I could be biased, but I think Keef's definitely onto something-- just what, I don't know.

Rose --D.D. --U guys are too kind !--- I may be closer than anyone realizes !--- U know I got this head injury and sometimes ----I don't know how to explain it !--- Sometimes I know stuff I shouldn't know !--- When I first started researching this genetic doubling I became very frustrated ---- Then one night my Muse came to me and I saw stuff !--- No dialog just a series of pictures !--- I couldn't even understand most of it but I got a handle on it now !--- Probably just a glitch in the way my brain rewired itself after the fall !--

This batch of seed is ready to be treated tommorrow! --- Maybe I find my Frankenplant that produces this twinned Cannabinoid compounds !-- I predict they will have a PROFOUND effect on the mind !--In a good way !--
Now it's time for me to drag myself back to bed !-- I got a Monster to make tommorrow!

Just wanted to say the reason I put this thread under breeding is that there just isn't a right place to put this !

The treated sprouts will come out the Zombie Juice 9am central time tomorrow! --They get a long rinse and by early afternoon the sprouts will be in peat cups of seed starting soil in ambient light --- 2 weeks most will be dead --6 or so will struggle to survive !-- I move the survivors to aero !-- Then next month's we do it again tweaking the Zombie Juice depending on what I see !--- I have no intention of only making one !-- I'd never know if there is something different to be found !--

They in the rinse !--- I had to take them to the edge of death -- This "Zombie Juice I use interfers with cell wall synthesis in a dividing cell -- We want both sets of DNA in one big cell !-- For now I have to leach as much of the poison off as possible !--- The sprouts are in a knee high hose with a constant stream of RO water for hours !--- The peat cups are ready -- They go in after the rise and it's out of my hands !---We wait to see if the gods of science smiles on my work !

Latest posts

Back