Canna Butter w/Leaf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heywatchthis

Reaction score
Hey now ... I was skeptical at first but my friends said not to toss the leaves when I trim during veg stage but instead do something with them.

I decided to make canna-butter. Again, totally skeptical. They are, afterall, leaves. Anyhow -- let me make a point that they are leaves from some super-heady Green Cush (aka Green Crack) that I picked up from the Oaksterdam Nursery.

The past couple of times, I've used about a pound to a pound and a half of leaves. I rinse them and then set a pot cooking with 3 cups water and two sticks of butter. Add the leaves and cook them for about 90 minutes. Keep an eye on 'em, and DO NOT BOIL IT ON HIGH the entire time. I strained out the yuck - cheeseclothed out more goo ... tossed the container in the freezer. After it solidified - I carved off the water and put the canna-butter into a ziploc in the fridge.

For some reason -- I just took out that butter, cut it into fourths and added a chunk to my morning coffee. Wow. Totally gross. At least the first cup was. And I mean real earthy and yucky. The second cup wasn't as bad. The third cup, I was churning away with my work as if that's how morning coffee tastes. And for the fourth cup - I even added some hot coffee to the ziploc and washed out the remaining wonderously earthy yuck as well as the last chunk of butter.

Now, this was in the morning around 11 a.m. that I finally finished up drinking that fatty earth . . . but 2:30 p.m., I was floored. By 5 p.m., I was tickled pink that the entire afternoon had me giddy.

I wouldn't recommend leaf in cookie recipes or any other edible. It's just not that potent. But as a chronic abuser, I was definitely able to get completely turned on from my high-grade plant leaf matter.

Third batch is in the process.

Caveat emptor: If I were trimming prior to harvesting, this would be a different story ... but this is a story about actual results from veg plant leaf.

Latest posts

Back