wall covering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zigggy

Reaction score
hey guys,,,getting ready to start building my veg room(in about 4days) ,,I have a nice 6x6 room with an ac vent from my central unit,,,my ? this morning is what to do with the walls ,,they use to have mylar put its old and falling off in places ,,I think there may be mold issues behind the old mylar ,,,after dealing with the mold should I replace the mylar or paint the walls ,,if I do paint do I use oil base or water base,,do I use high gloss or flat ,,,thanks in advance for any help ,zig

I quit using mylar years ago, it is such a PITA. So, my recommendations would be to take all the old mylar down. Scrub everywhere with a product meant to kill mold and then follow up with a bleach solution. Use a good quality flat white paint. A water base paint is fine.

From everything I have read, flat white paint is the best.

My company used to sell commercial shower curtains for hotels and hospitals. Mold and mildew treated, nice white color and very washable. I used them because I had a bunch of them but if I were starting fresh, flat white paint would be my choice.

thanks guys,,flat water base it is,,,gonna tear down the sheet rock,put up new ,,the old had black mold on the back side,,will set me back a day or two but I think its worth it .again thanks

I love flat white. It's the best kept secret

got the sheetrock up a few days ago,put the last coat of mud last night ,,looks real good,,gonna start painting in the morning should not take long as its only 6x6,,will use two coats of flat white ,,then put up my eye hooks for my lights ,got (3)4 foot long t5s and a corn bulb,,,should make for a good veg room

sorry hack,,,gave up trying to post pics a while ago,,kept have resize issues never got one to post,,but after the paint dries ill give it a shoot

If this helps you.....

If you're using a digital point and shoot camera, go into the settings on the camera menu and change the resolution. On the menu it might say, 3456 x 2304 (8 MP) or 2592 x 1728 (4.5 MP). There will be a lower setting like 1920 x 1280 (2.5 MP). Set it there. Or, even lower at 720 x 480 (0.35 MP).

If you're using your phone (and, I caution against using a phone to take pot pics in a non-legal state) you can also change the resolution in the settings. However, if using your phone, there's a good chance that you are sync'd to some kind of cloud that automatically stores and backs up your phone pictures. If so, you can go to your cloud and click on the picture you want to post. Copy the URL and when you come here to post, click the "Manage Attachments" button and select the "Upload File from a URL" option. Then, paste your URL and select upload.

More than a few people have trouble posting pics on forums. You certainly see your share of sideways pics on all the forums. LOL

Let me know if I can help.

Latest posts

Back