PH & Nutrient Charts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a friend, also a grower, tell me that he doesn't even check his nutes. he can tell by the color of the water. I suppose it's just experience, but I don't have $200 now for a ph tester. is there any other way I could check nutes in a reservoir?

chokingvictim said:
I had a friend, also a grower, tell me that he doesn't even check his nutes. he can tell by the color of the water. I suppose it's just experience, but I don't have $200 now for a ph tester. is there any other way I could check nutes in a reservoir?

I got a PH/Moisture/Light gauge from a local hardware store for 12$.
Look around and you can find one on the cheap:cool:

you will also need a tds meter or the combo.got to get your ph and tds right.thats whats holding me up onstarting.i bought everything else today.the hydro shop did not have the tds meters in stock.so i had to order it.

My ph meter has a tds function andy, what does it do, im interested in hydro as well, seems much less hasle.

chokingvictim said:
would that work in a reservoir tank?

No, it won't work. A pH meter for soil is different than a pH meter for water (hydro). Unfortunately, they are quite a bit more expensive, but, IMO, a pH meter and a TDS meter are "must haves" if you are doing hydro.

Yea, there is no "guessing" what PPM your water has without being able to see at a microscopic level...

The PPM meeter is very usefull in hydro, it allows you to see how much nutes your applying or not applying. I fing i like the PPM at 1500 and a p.h of 6% for veg. But when flowering i slowley lower ph each week untill i hit week 5 and my ph is at 5.4, the next week i climb the ph scale back up a point a week but remember to flush your last 2 weeks!! It really helps with taste and the way your herb burns. I am growing in the ebb&gro system and i reccomend it for people with tight schedules! Peace and Love!!!
Roken.

get a ph tester on ebay for 15 bucks some go as low as 12 and these are nice digital meters from japan otherwise you can spend 40 80 up to 150 bucks and that includes ppm sum times

or check out any hydro shop in ur area. ANY BAY AREA STONERS aroundhere?

So it is common for your nutes to make you water's ph rise to the acidic range?

So it is common for your nutes to make you water's ph rise to the acidic range?

not necessarily , i adjust the ph after i mix my nutes , if i use tap water i have to adjust the ph everyday ( always ph down for me cause it jumps up to 8.9 wow ), if i use bottled water i rarely have to adjust it but i keep checking to make sure .

j bonz -- the nutrient system changed on me when i changed to ro water , im now on the lucas formula to keep my ppm at 1330 so far its fairly easy . it is said that the lucas formula is intended for ro users.

total dissolved solids...:??? :confused2:

Anyone looking for good meters at good prices might want to check this out...

TDS meter>>>hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/micdtdstemec.html

PH meter>>>hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/ph600.html

xx to tt

I hve both of these and they work great....

Latest posts

Back