What do you do with old vape material?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMOKINGRANPA

Reaction score
I just found a wonderful way of using my leftover vape material. Making firecrackers.
I found the information http://beyondchronic.com/2012/01/how-to-blast-off-nutella-firecrackers/
Here at “ The old hippies “ blog. Lots of good info.
So I used a little different recipe due to what’s on hand. I used Ritz crackers and peanut butter.
Spread the PB on each cracker, spread 1 teaspoon of ABV (already vaped bud) over the PB
Bring the 2 crackers together in sandwich and …….
I had 1 cracker and after about an hour felt okay, maybe around a 3 or 4, so I had a 2nd one and in about a half hour I was sailing up around 8 or 9 and 6hrs later, I am still in a real nice relaxed mood, very mellowing, oh I used mostly blue dream but some critical kush mixed in.

never got so bold as to just eat it like that, but i regularly boil it up with butter (and strain) to make eats.

I just throw mine away. I would think that if you have a good vaporizer that the leavings would have little to zero anything left.

It all depends on what temperature you use, and how aggressively you cook your herbs. I stop when the taste changes, but there's usually still some life left in there.

If you go moderate /high temp, and cook til it's dark *** brown, than i guess I'd throw it away too.

it's got nothing to do with having a good vaporizer, just using it well, and to your personal desired outcome.

It all depends on what temperature you use, and how aggressively you cook your herbs. I stop when the taste changes, but there's usually still some life left in there.

If you go moderate /high temp, and cook til it's dark *** brown, than i guess I'd throw it away too.

it's got nothing to do with having a good vaporizer, just using it well, and to your personal desired outcome.

Thanks thacheese for a better explanation. , my use of the vape is to take care of my lungs. So I use a solo at around 4 and I know their is still good stuff left over and if you don't burn it it's just plant matter left over, maybe some other neuts in their?????????? Just some thoughts :vap-bobby_on_the_be

I use an Extreme Q. Mine always looks brown and icky with no visible trichs, but not dark *** brown. I am not a novice at this for goodness sakes.. I have examined mine with a scope and never seen anything that makes it look like it is worth trying to reuse.

Actually the quality of the vaporizer does make a huge amount of difference in what is extracted from the bud.

Im with THG,,,my Digital Extreme leaves nothing worth wasting my time over. Besides that crap is nasty tasting. lol

what's extracted into your lungs... sure. we're just talking about the byproduct (vapor quality doesn't matter for this). it's all cooked at this point regardless of how efficiently it got there.

as you decrease the temp and time you get less dark material, and a lighter vapor. it's all relative. the less you cook it the first time, the better the results the second time.

you guys are going for max extraction, and not trying to use twice... that's all.

waste not, want not.

I dont vape enough to care. I mostly ingest or one hit glass pipe. Ingesting carbed weed I waste nothing,,,not even the fiber. Lol
My glass pipe burns it to ashes,,,no waste.lol
Actually,,, the Only thing I vape anymore is oil pretty much. I really like dabbing . Yehaaaaaaaaaa

I eat the rosin chips. Makes you feel very nice.

The hardcore vape guys I know bake with it.

I eat the rosin chips. Makes you feel very nice.

The hardcore vape guys I know bake with it.

I always soaked the rosin chips, but that actually sounds edible as is. worth a shot. I'll try it next time I borrow the gf's flat iron.

for years i have made cannacaps with my leftover vaped weed. . . . trust me, regardless of the type of vaporizer used, left over vaped weed still has potency within.

I simply grind the ABV (already been vaped) in a coffee grinder to an absolute dust/powder. Then i use a capsule loading machine called the 'capsule machine' to load my caps. These capsules will absolutely level light weights. Very potent as each cap weighs .5~1.0 gram.

nothing more to it than that and nothing added.....just powdered cannabis that has already been vaporized.

:smoke1::smoke1:

hahaha, I couldn't throw it away, I have jars of the stuff, weehoo, thank you!
the machine is twenty bucks bwhahaha I love this place!

for years i have made cannacaps with my leftover vaped weed. . . . trust me, regardless of the type of vaporizer used, left over vaped weed still has potency within.

I simply grind the ABV (already been vaped) in a coffee grinder to an absolute dust/powder. Then i use a capsule loading machine called the 'capsule machine' to load my caps. These capsules will absolutely level light weights. Very potent as each cap weighs .5~1.0 gram.

nothing more to it than that and nothing added.....just powdered cannabis that has already been vaporized.

I own and use the following vapes:
Da Buddha - desk top style whip vape
Arizer Solo - portable
Arizer Air - portable
Pax (rarely use this one) - portable

never throw vaped weed away! Instead, please place it on your curb and I will swing by and pick it up!

:smoke1::smoke1:

LOL--you are welcome to it. If I cannot see trichs on AVB, it is going in the trash. I have enough great trim and bud that I simply do not want to waste the time, energy, and money to bake with stuff that I feel is not top shelf. To each their own.

Wish we all was that lucky. I smoke roach weed all the time. Save it up as a reserve stash. Save the abv stuff too. Have yet to use it though.

Hi there Hemp Goddess :)

You will never see trichomes on ABV,...they melt and dissolve into the plant matter after the 1st or 2nd draw.......snipped

Far out, I mean, this place is a frikken' goldmine. I was thinking you were pulling my leg. Now I'm giddy again. Mind a few questions? dosage? hard on the tummy or digestion? delayed onset? duration?

Love the fact that we can agree to disagree. Yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I usually almost fill a mason jar with my abv and then boil it up with a few sticks of butter and make brownies (or cookies). They notoriously put people to sleep.

I've also had good luck making abv meatballs adding it with the breadcrumbs, and then pan frying them in oil before throwing them in sauce. these stink out the house when you make them, but they are good!

The reason it puts you to sleep is there is very little THC left,,,its mostly CBDs would be my guess.

Latest posts

Back