Floresent Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbud

Reaction score
Have my plants under a bank of floresent lights. The clones flowered, I revedged them. The buds (lower) that were on the plant before revedging seem to be finishing off. They are hard and beautiful buds. The trichs seem to be going amber on them.
Here is my question,
Can a plant finish under floresents? These tubes I thot were for vedging only.
I thot I would have to switch over to floresents with the right spectrum of light to finish. And even then I heard that the bud will be "airy".
I did add one small grow light, but that was after these girls revedged.
This is the exact numbers and words on the bulb box,
GE Starquest T5, High Output, F54W/865/ECO
Could these be for both vedging and flowering?
I just know these plants are putting on a lot of weight on the lower bud and the buds are real tight. The upper buds are forming all over again.
thanks..

How long do you have your lights on ? 12/12 or 18/6 or 24 hours?

smoky,
trying to get an answer if it is possible to finish out my girls under the floresent lights I am using. I bought them to vedge and find the girls seem to be doing fine in flower under them. I mean real fine, cept the mite problem. These buds are hard and heavy. And they have some amber trichs showing on the old growth buds.
(I have them on 14 hours, since I brought them home, they flowered, revedged and flowered now agian.) This is not a question of hours, but light spectrum.
thanks

Well tcbud, some people go start to finish with an hps and some people go start to finish with metal halide,which are two diff light spectrums, so having your light on for less than 18 hours is probably going to keep them in flower. and even if the spectrum of light is not correct i still think they will finish. But have never tried it myself.

Okay....
so I can finish these plants with the floresents. Way cool.

Thanks guys, I am gonna have to set something up for the seedlings and then I will put that bank of floresents on 12/12.

I was under the impression I had to buy some other floresent lights that had a broader spectrum, to finish these girls. Thanks so much.

Latest posts

Back