I had a partially collapsed lung!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGKushman

Don’t eat that pancake.
Reaction score
My discomfort was so bad, I could not breathe, I could not cough, I could hear a gurgling sound coming from my chest. I had no clue what it was.

It turns out that inhaling smoke deeply (bong) causes small air sacs, called blebs, to rupture and air can enter your chest. Coughing extremely can cause this also. Smokers are at more of a risk. As are people with COPD.

I had a partially collapsed lung, or a simple pneumothorax. I was really short of breath, and could distinctly feel that when I tried to take a full breath, i could not fill a lung up. I also had stabbing pains in my chest when trying to breathe deep.

To fix it. Doc layed me on my side and had me breathe deep with my left arm extended. After a few minutes a felt mt left lung slide/suck down towards myy stomach. The gurgling had stopped and yellow mucus is now coming out by the mouthful.

I hope you're doing better, buddy.

Get well and Taker E Z.

Much P&L,

7greeneyes :D

that sounds painful OG, glad your on the recovery!

That is very scary to me OGK! Someone very near to me, and very young almost died from an infection that caused a lung to collapse and was misdiagnosed as bronchitis so x-rays were not taken. I am very glad you are better, good job getting to the doc and staying on top of it. Now you have an excuse to get that big fancy vaporizer if you don't have it already. take care man...good looking out!

I am deeply reconsidering the smokeing of the bong now.

Thank you for posting this info, I really appreciate it.
I am also very glad you went to the doc and are now on the mend.

Good info, thank you. Hopefully you are feeling much better by now. Did they say if the damage done from rupturing those little blebs was permanent?
I've been having some breathing problems also lately tho nothing as severe as what you have had. I am pretty much a bong-only type of smoker and am now trying to ween myself onto the vaporizer more, and its tough! Vaporizing definitely helps your chest feel healthier but dang its hard not to reach for that bong when I need a big cough-er.

I am so relieved you went to the doctor! I have been so concerned...

I've been watching this thread as well, and I've been concerned too. That sounds scary. But at least, I'm assuming, the doctor didn't have any bad news besides that.

How about trying TFG's firecrackers? You can eat two of those a day and that should be enough to make you high all day long.

Og, Glad to here the news. I hope this doesent change your mind about smoking? I hope your still planning on quitting. Your lungs will thank you.

Ray Jay

yeah ogk^. this is more of a reason to give it your best go at quitting smoking cigs now bro.;) ...

Hey OGK!

I feel you're pain- I had a full spontaneous pneumothorax- hospitalized for over a week.

If you smoke cigs- the best thing to do is quit- you're now more prone to get it again and smoking makes recovery each time tougher.

Good luck to you- glad you're on the mend.

Awesome. Very happy to hear your on the road to better days!!
Our health and vitality is about all we have really. While money and family and friends will come and go, the only real guarantee in life is that we'll have our body/vessel for the duration of the journey. Sadly, it's something we generally abuse and ignore but when the issues get serious, there's usually nothing we wouldn't do in hopes of feeling better.
I do believe everything happens for a reason.
Like a plant, if we're not growing-we're dying.
We were meant to learn and evolve on this journey, and i truly believe it's a requirement, whether we like it or not.
Relish in your health and your rediscovered vitality. It's powerful stuff 4 sure!
Here's to many more happy and healthy days!!

When I had a collapsed lung I was in the hospital for 7 days with a vacuum pump hooked up to a glass tube that was inserted into my chest for 5 days.
Wish I could have laid on my side and gone home, but I am no doctor nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn, I am just BIU'ed

tcbud said:
I am deeply reconsidering the smokeing of the bong now.

Thank you for posting this info, I really appreciate it.
I am also very glad you went to the doc and are now on the mend.
Your welcome. I am here to help.
Dr. Manny Bowles said:
Good info, thank you. Hopefully you are feeling much better by now. Did they say if the damage done from rupturing those little blebs was permanent?
I've been having some breathing problems also lately tho nothing as severe as what you have had. I am pretty much a bong-only type of smoker and am now trying to ween myself onto the vaporizer more, and its tough! Vaporizing definitely helps your chest feel healthier but dang its hard not to reach for that bong when I need a big cough-er.
Doc said damage was permanent, even though my lungs will heal they are covered by some scar tissue.
mojavemama said:
I am so relieved you went to the doctor! I have been so concerned...
Thank you so much for your positive thoughts. I am feeling ~50% better from when I smoked and its only been a week! Thats good. I mean I feel like I am 1/2 way there already!
Alistair Young said:
I've been watching this thread as well, and I've been concerned too. That sounds scary. But at least, I'm assuming, the doctor didn't have any bad news besides that.

How about trying TFG's firecrackers? You can eat two of those a day and that should be enough to make you high all day long.
Edibles make me so dang tired. Doc want to see me again on tuesday and take more x-rays. For now Im on antibiotics to prevent an infection, steriods to grow some pecks ;), and an inhaler if I need it.
ray jay said:
Og, Glad to here the news. I hope this doesent change your mind about smoking? I hope your still planning on quitting. Your lungs will thank you.

Ray Jay
I WILL NEVER SMOKE ANOTHER CIGARETTE AGAIN!!!! :cool:
monkeybusiness said:
Awesome. Very happy to hear your on the road to better days!!
Our health and vitality is about all we have really. While money and family and friends will come and go, the only real guarantee in life is that we'll have our body/vessel for the duration of the journey. Sadly, it's something we generally abuse and ignore but when the issues get serious, there's usually nothing we wouldn't do in hopes of feeling better, even prayer sometimes.
There's an old saying, sometimes we look to God when our foundations are being shaken, only to find that its God shaking them. I'm not trying to get religious (because I'm not) but i do believe everything happens for a reason.
Like a plant, if we're not growing-we're dying.
We were meant to learn and evolve on this journey, and i truly believe it's a requirement, whether we like it or not.
Relish in your health and your rediscovered vitality. It's powerful stuff 4 sure!
Here's to many more happy and healthy days!!
good stuff man! I agree completely. We could chill successfully lol.
pcduck said:
When I had a collapsed lung I was in the hospital for 7 days with a vacuum pump hooked up to a glass tube that was inserted into my chest for 5 days.
Wish I could have laid on my side and gone home, but I am no doctor nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn, I am just BIU'ed
I am lucky it was only a partial collapse. I could have died, it being like that for 3 days, and fully collapsed as stubborned as I am.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS!
:)

One of my friends who has asthma and doesnt even use a bong but a little pipe had this same thing last winter..they told her to never smoke again as it could easily happen. very scary. I would get a vap brother! or edibles maybe nothing is worth your life. Glad u r ok! ironicly she barely even smokes like a half gram a week if that...she was in the hospital almost 2 weeks...scary stuff.

:yeahthat: That's some bad stuff to deal with. Keep geeting better and we'll be thinking a good thought fer ya!

should of drank some 7up! a burp would of went a loooong way if your talking about taking a wrong ripped bowl .nonstop coughing?

when i got bron-kye-dus i would smoke baby hits and almost throwup after the chest pounding coughing some said i was stupid but if i was going to die it was going to be stoned

Latest posts

Back