NV's SS jungle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nvthis

Hey folks, here we go. Round two with super soil. Here's the line up...

Deep Chunk (seed run, from seed)

Ken's Granddaddy Purple (from Ken Estes place)

Banana Kush 1 (could be a mislabled Rhino Wreck? THC)

Banana Kush 2 (in veg, a stinky biotch. THC)

Green Crack aka Green Dream aka Green Goddess aka Cush aka... (here we go again. Still looking for what I know. Fingers crossed... Harborside)

LUI x2 (this is a crazy plant. Not at all what I expected. An absolute monster, and tough as nails. From seed)

Pre '98 Bubba Kush (gifted to me by one hell of a good dude. I still owe him one...)

Purple Urkle (Harborside)

I flipped most of this, + 2 DC males, on Friday (1/15/2010) I held back the '98, Urkle and Ken's GDP due to the fact that everything I have is 24" to 30"+ and these were no where near that. Hopefully I can get them in soon.

Ok, so what's different NV?

This run I have shortened the buckets by one rung (see my last gj. These are referred to as "NV's condo bucket system" by Art Vandolay. Easily one of the funniest dudes I have ever had the pleasure to interact with on the internet!)

I have also reduced the total amount of SS to about 7". I left plenty of room incase a top dress is needed.

You will see my room has 9 condo buckets in it so far. Some of these have two plants each in them (the exception being the '98 @ 3 plants per...) There are 3 more going in for a total of 12. 12 8 gal containers needing as little as a 3 x 4 space!! How's them apples? That's a total of 24 30" plants rockin the SS! These plants have all been aggressively lollied for cola only (only way to make them all fit) and under a lumatek 1,000w.

EDIT: Qmans journal here..
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=623234#post623234

Sooo, with out further distraction, welcome to the jungle baby!:D

2010_0114Jan160006.JPG

2010_0114Jan160001.JPG

Sweet jeebus! You know where you are....your in the jungle baby! Nv You deff got the growing thang down! Have you smoked the bkush before? Sounds like a interesting strain.

I just harvested a grow of Bubba Kush and let me tell ya bro, this ain't your granddaddy's dope, that's for damn sure!:hubba: In my book, this is almost as good as it gets, a first class "all 'rounder". Not saying it's the best, just saying that if there was a ranking of best weed known you won't find BK anywhere near the bottom of that list. It's always a contender. Wether or not I have actually ever smoked the real pre '98, I cannot say with any certainty. Honestly, never having grown it I just don't know. But my source is beyond reputable and this time I will know for sure. Can't wait bro. The Bubba I grew is almost too much and the '98 should be even better. I just hope I can do right by it. My last Bubba wasn't exactly an easy grow, it still had a few issues, even with the SS. However, I think the '98 will be much more stable. If you have access bro, grow it for sure. You won't regret it:D

Waiting for it to arrive from the tude by way of greenhouse seeds!

very cool nvthis..is the top dress needed because of watering compounding the dirt? ty

I'm excited to watch this one! Love the variety man!

Chef I've been wanting to get a BK also...I didn't know GHS had one, thanks I'll take a look. I've been seriousely considering Cannacopia's BK crosed with their Deep Chunk indica...and it's cheap! Like 35 bucks for 10! I just wish I knew someone who has grown them so I knew kinda what to expect.

NV...does your Deep Chunk come from Cannacopia? If so have you grown their gear b4?

Lovin it NV!

I have never grown Cannacopia gear, but I will say there have got to be some sick plants waiting to be found in those mixes. Deep Chunk x BK? At that price? C'mon, that's just dank in a bag. I would buy those more than once, and just keep plugging at it til I got a real real good keeper.

The top dress is just incase I misjudge the starting amount of SS (plant dependant) and need a little extra boost during flowering.

I have been waiting for someone to dive into the GH Bubba and see what comes out. That will be a fun journal bro.

The first time I saw the bubba chunk, it was impressive. I'm not knocking Bubba, but I personally like some of the crosses out there that have faster veg time and even more yield. I got the strawberry bubbas going now, I really want to try motas star kush ( sensi star x pre 98 bubba kush) that I have just sitting around. I had a chance to get Swerve's bubba S1 and didn't jump on it. But I'm not to fond of GH and their breeding program. I would rather get swerve's tahoe og or sfv bx2 than GH seeds. It would be an interesting comparison though.:p

Agreed! Double agreed and triple agreed Umbra. I personally wouldn't mind giving OGR's Fire Bubba a run of my own. That stuff just looks down right scary. Looks like it might be the best Bubba x he has done yet. You know she's not a great yeilder but I would even take that over The White x Bubba I think (obviously I've tried neither and base that soley on rep and report but wow! Have you seen the insanity? I know you have bro:D ).

The pre '98 is mighty slow alrighty, and seems to hold company with the Ken's and Urkle like a tribe of pigmys.

The Strawberry Bubba sounds real nice. Hope it's a good one for you! I got some Strawberry Diesel once. Outdoor. It smelled/looked great. I took two hits and threw it away. It made the inside of my nose burn so badly it was like I had snorted that crusty stuff off my truck battery. You know I would try it again grown under different conditions, but that sample was awful!:p The Strawberry Bubba sounds like a much nicer mix;)

Pulling up a chair...gotta see this one....great line up...

Q: Anyone know what happens when you cut the best batch of clones in your life and they root in record time and are icons of perfect mj health, get them finally planted and they burst to life, then add 3.5 grams of acetylsalicylic acid to a gallon of water and pour over your nice new plants before you realize you forgot to ph?

A: You get to cut a new batch of clones!!! lol:eek:

Yeah, yeah we're all human.

Actually some of them weathered the acidic environement ok. LUI didn't seem phased at all. Green Crack screamed like a little school girl and fell right the hell over. Ken's GDP saw what Green Crack did and about fainted. '98 flipped Ken the bird and seems fine. So does the Banana Kush. C'mon, I gotta find the humor in all this somehow:rolleyes:

nvthis said:
Q: Anyone know what happens when you cut the best batch of clones in your life and they root in record time and are icons of perfect mj health, get them finally planted and they burst to life, then add 3.5 grams of acetylsalicylic acid to a gallon of water and pour over your nice new plants before you realize you forgot to ph?

A: You get to cut a new batch of clones!!! lol:eek:

Yeah, yeah we're all human.

Actually some of them weathered the acidic environement ok. LUI didn't seem phased at all. Green Crack screamed like a little school girl and fell right the hell over. Ken's GDP saw what Green Crack did and about fainted. '98 flipped Ken the bird and seems fine. So does the Banana Kush. C'mon, I gotta find the humor in all this somehow:rolleyes:

Good luck...sounds like you hve a school bus full of children on your hands....I say pull the bus over and whoop Green Cracks A$$...........

Hamster Lewis said:
Good luck...sounds like you hve a school bus full of children on your hands....I say pull the bus over and whoop Green Cracks A$$...........

:rofl: lol, I hear that Hammy!

This show is going to be entertaining. Can't wait, lol.

I'm a little high and I'm a little tired and I have made a decision. I hate the term "lollipopped". We all use it, we all know what it means, but why? Who started using this lame term anyway? Time for something different. I don't wanna go around saying I lollipopped something all my life. Y'all help me think of something different like... I dunno, just not "lollipopped" for christs sake. Can we call it 'bottom pruned' or something? Wait... That sounds equally lame. How about a 'Brazilian trim'? Hmm, dumb.. This is gonna be harder than I thought. Time for bed. I will think of something tomorrow, if I even remember thinking about this:rolleyes:

well nv i gotta say that you have a great selection to :watchplant: . mind if i :watchplant: along.:48: . when the time is right for me, between a week before flowering and flowering, i strip my ladies down :eek: :hubba: . i get a good idea of what is not going to get the light it deserves and then i strip her down good:p . it may not refer to the actual end result i.e. lollipopping but my vote is call it stripping her down lol. good luck on the rest of the grow, ill be keeping an interested eye. happy growing.

whats happening bro? you know i could'nt go late night slumming without stopping in.lol...sounds good. looks good. it's gotta be all good...lol...

i been up hunting a mouse down with my bb gun pistol. sshhh. the ol lady is sleeping. she would have a canip. they like the dogs food, so thats where i set up on 'em. lol...lol...got one right off the dish last night, and one last week. ha. who needs a mouse trap?...lol...lol...

yeah. i seem to have a bit 'o fun while partaking in the bk i did. it is frosty, double dank. i could, and did scrape off a knife of pure trichs, and straight up knife hit 'em. whew, you talk about heart racing, break out in sweat, stoned, that was it there baby. lol...

time for plan b...night vision. lol...lol...grow 'em big...

Brother Irish, thanks for stopping in man. I'm sweatin' it kinda bad right now. I installed a new wall mount fan in my room and left a light bulb plugged in by accident. So day eight of flowering was 36 straight hours of light!:shocked: :doh: :rolleyes:

I am capable of some serious boneheaded moves, but this last one really got me. I am totally considering not letting myself anywhere near my plants unless 100% sober. I dunno. With this latest stupid move, and offing some of my babies last week because I was to high to remember to ph something, got me to thinking I can't trust myself to maintain around my grow anynore unless I am 100%... This is really torturing my poor brain here. Hopefully I got solid genetics going on and they'll burn right through without a problem. I say hopefully 'cause in real life that's just stupid! Only time will tell. Least I'll know what DC not to pollenate, eh?:eek:

I'll get some pics up this week, if I didn't totally wreck this grow already. Expect the worst, hope for the best. I'm an idiot.

nv man all seemed good until like you said couple boneheaded moves. oh well bro, i know how that goes as i too am recouping from a bonehead move. skimpping on coco & going w/ pet store crap as was closer & cheaper. doh! theyll make it. sending anti hermie mojo your way. take care & cant wait to see these explode.

DFW bro, I hope we all get a chance to see them explode!;) I got a bunch of 3+ footers trimmed for cola only growth. I really wanna seem 'em go. I got a couple LUI and it's possible these could be just off the hook cola wise. They're real monsters for sure..

Latest posts

Back