Has anyone tried water curing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heeyyyyyyy, this is encouraging
4 hours, most buds still damp but I picked out small dry ones.
No odour, yah, disappointing but steathy
I roll a small one
nice white ash but won't burn (still dampish, don't think it's chemical)
some harshness too, I was expecting super smooth

jury still out

View attachment 100_0023.jpg

6 hours, took out the medium sized buds, obvious when you touch them which need more dry time, colas are like sponges, still going, tad worried her but can't stop, mold starts from inside out

on the bright side, taste is blasee to off-putting in vape for sure but lots of vape, and it's cured alright, not a bad buzz at all, I can't compare though, it's all cured like this
smoothness claim is biggest letdown so far

update: nope, this ain't for everybody. Taste is gone, not an unpleasant draw and exhale but one does miss the flavours and aroma.
I'm trying this for two reasons: Stealth and flushing. I've been smoking outside in parks and had people yell at me from a block away stufff like "yummy!" and guests walk in "Phew!!"", air fresheners, carbon filtres on furnace, his actually works. No stink.

This is coming in Canada, guys & gals. As soon as these spend-happy politicians realize we'll (well, you guys anyways) be growing better stuff at cheaper prices, they will clamp done hard on growers. And if you register to grow your 4 legal plants, you are a fool. It's been a breeze so far in here for me so far. I expect far, far more risk in the future. Hopefully, they start at the top and work down, just like CRA

dammit, did it again... I'm not fixing it.. See it up there? "So far" twice
anybody else find themselves doing that? I am convinced it's a pot thing (16 - 63)

Last edited:
You decarb before you make hash? Never heard of that. It will decarb when you smoke the hash. Must make your hash taste funny. Ice water or dry sift?

We only decarb to eat.

Ice water and no, the hash didn't taste funny. I decarbed because I was putting it into ice and water...and THCA is supposed to be water soluble...

I never heard of that.

It must be like I said.... the acids are inside the trichs and the trics are not water soluble.

Only thing I can figure.

I would have thought spraying them would wash them clean off but, apparently it's done often.

Must be sticky little devils. LMAO

I never heard of that.

It must be like I said.... the acids are inside the trichs and the trics are not water soluble.

Only thing I can figure.

I would have thought spraying them would wash them clean off but, apparently it's done often.

Must be sticky little devils. LMAO

I was constantly checking them and there was only one time where all I saw was stalks (and my heart stopped). I think they are more affected by temperature (rain doesn't wash off trikes, what were we thinking?)
I kept the cure water more on warm end of 65-75 and I did see some trikes that looked like they were "melted" together. I also tried a different technique with the bubble bucket, no frantic churning with a hand mixer, just swirl the whole mixture, it really cools down the water/ice mixture. Just as good a result.
I must remember to check trikes next go-round.

cheese and rice! 12 hours and my puny colas are still scary damp
another deal breaker for many I'm sure...
Looks like I'll have to dismember my colas before dehydrating

yah, that works, another half hour in smaller chunks and seems okay

weighed all and it still feels too heavy to me, I think there's still moisture in there, no likey

you would not want to do this to coke can colas,
cripes, if i could grow them that big I'd work in a flush

View attachment 100_0025.jpg

I'm concerned about the drying. You can not dry this pot "as usual". Obviously that writer hadn't actually tried it! There's also a dink on youtube who wasted half hour of my life and then glossed over the dehydrator. THE MOST CRITICAL PART!
I'm glad Amazon is quick. I wasn't even thinking of using a dehydrator... I wasn't thinking, it's a must! Imagine seaweed washing up on shore. You can't exactly wring it out either.

I used to like saving the colas, not with this method. It will be safer to pick them apart into nuggets before the soak.
I miss taste, even smell but for me, stealth will become more of an issue as this stuff becomes "mainstream". People want to smoke pot in their apartments and they can smoke this stuff (and carry it around), i can open my front door.
and I think it's more potent (I chase the high all day on Sundays)
but I'm not finding it any smoother in a vaporizer

but you read all this on the interweb, one dork's experience

feels like an old hash stone from the 70s to me this morning
no taste, actually tad on the negative side, cardboardy maybe?
I always start from bottom up in the jar too, smallest and crumbs first, this may have a happy ending afterall.
It's fully cured, I guess I just keep it in jars for freshness, no burping
I haven't had a chance to test the stealth but I only get a snootful when I'm in the grow room now
I think I'm safe trusting the ppm readings of the cure water, not a mention in any of the articles but I did see one dork doing it on youtube but he glossed over the dehydrator, didn't even turn it on! Only one chap talked mold but no tips.
I really hate cutting up colas, I wonder if I can turn the thing up.
12hours at 90F
or press harder with the paper towels or spin them in a lettuce thingie,
the trikes seem more rugged than I thought

OH! The stuff STILL does not burn well, it's improving but must STILL be moist in there.
Vaping is fine.

strangest thing, the closet thing to the smell I get from this reminds me of an outhouse.
(not a "just used" one but that earthy, woody, not unpleasant, just not pleasant.

Next batch ready for dehydration
I'm going to (sacrifice) a cola and literally wring it out before putting it in the machine.
12 hours is too long

update: those trikes are a lot stronger than you'd think, still looked okay

I must admit I miss the taste. I'll do it for my maintenance pot but I'll still want to flush and air cure some for company :)

The water cure necessitates a dehydrator.
As usual, I've run out of pot before harvest AGAIN.
I often see it coming and toss buds on top of the fridge.
This time I'm trying some in the dehydrator....
I have NEVER heard of anybody trying that, I hope it's not dumb.
Be nice if these things could chop some drying time off the cure and save that burping guesswork.

Latest posts

Back