Up close and personal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to see what the fur looked like on the bottom of the fan leaves. I didn't really use any procedure when preparing the sample, didn't keep track of any data, just looked really close and took some pictures.
I assume the fur are tricomes, They may not be represented properly, due to the lack of preparation. The balls maybe artifact or eggs? I lean towards artifact. You can easily make out other structures.

View attachment 20171017_112034.jpg

View attachment 20171017_112249.jpg

Wow, what kind of camera is that? Pretty sweet detail.

I'm taking pictures of the monitor which displays the image from the electron microscope.

Where some of the samples come from.

OK, electron scope. I was going to say, that's one heck of a camera. LOL

wow those pics are great! cool instrument to have at your disposal

I got a bunch of real cool instruments at my disposal. Boss wants me to learn even more so I come up with my own secret learning experiences. I'm supposed to know everything at a moments notice. Not working out for me but having fun trying.

Here's a different sample prep.
This is the back side of a big fan leaf (what's the proper term for that leaf?) The first thing I noticed was the tricomes weren't distorted. The technique can still be improved. Screwed up on the second step, cut all my samples and piled them on thin layer of sawdust. ***. Didn't catch in time before they went into the fixer. Aside from all the artifacts it came out, OK.

View attachment 20180205_122755.jpg

wow! very cool. very nice bud pic also. what is it and how old? yield? thanks!

wow! very cool. very nice bud pic also. what is it and how old? yield? thanks!

I'm thinking it is Papaya, pretty sure. It came out real nice, it was supposed to go into my small cabinet but moved to my new tent with 100watt full spectrum and a 100watt red LEDs. Still waiting for some amber, and waiting. I don't know how many days its been but it is almost ready. I'm thinking a little over 3oz dried.

I think it is a happy fan leaf and it is laughing. Just awesome pic's. Thank you for posting.

How about singing, a little vocal cord action?

Latest posts

Back