PH & Nutrient Charts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am also using the lucas formula on my third grow with it. have good results with it

The only essential imo is a ph meter as long as that's in check ur plants will take up what nutes u have and if its not enough they will let you know. But again that's all in experience I just think people obsess a little too much over it all and end up causing more problems than they originally had.

I use a budding supplement that pushes the ph below 5. So I will use about 3 Tbs of phUp to get it to 5.5 or thereabouts.

A ph meter is essential for this very reason.

As far as TDS or EC, if you have a mix down pat, you should be able to gauge what your TDS is. A meter is VERY handy but with TDS there are 3 different scales, so use the appropriate multiplier.

EC is the same no matter where you go.

I hope this helps.

DJ

chokingvictim said:
I had a friend, also a grower, tell me that he doesn't even check his nutes. he can tell by the color of the water. I suppose it's just experience, but I don't have $200 now for a ph tester. is there any other way I could check nutes in a reservoir?

o know a brand who has good ph meters for € 35
brand is fastech.. but i dont know if you can buy them in the us..

i use them.. and they are oke..

If you re-use your soil a few times... you urn that money for a meeter back very quick..

No, it won't work. A pH meter for soil is different than a pH meter for water (hydro). Unfortunately, they are quite a bit more expensive, but, IMO, a pH meter and a TDS meter are "must haves" if you are doing hydro.
can you tell me what nutes are

No, it won't work. A pH meter for soil is different than a pH meter for water (hydro). Unfortunately, they are quite a bit more expensive, but, IMO, a pH meter and a TDS meter are "must haves" if you are doing hydro.

Hemp I have order both a PH and EC pen, I was told that the EC pen was far more accurate since there are 3 different conversions from EC to TDS. I'm new so hopefully I made the right choice ?

TDS or EC really doesn't matter as it is a relative measurement that you will learn to use to determine how much nutrient you are using. I don't think the accuracy difference is enough to be that important because even in young plants up to 50ppm inaccuracy isn't going to have a negative affect on the plants.

Both numbers are just reference points so that you can say that the last time you watered with nute solution, you had a certain level of nutrients within the solution. Different plant strains will have different levels of nute need and there are many variable that will affect a given plant's desire to eat what you put in the soil. It is most important to keep a running journal of what you do so that you can go back to it later if there is a problem or question of what you did in the past with a certain strain. :)

Latest posts

Back