Scroggin' with LED: HSO amhurst s.d. and Black D.o.g.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesso

Mad Scientist
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
After seeing the results of LED on my last grow, i wanted to try an all led grow. I have always vegged and flowered under 1k hps with eye hortilux bulbs, but after mixing in a led light i noticed denser frostier buds than those grown under hps. This time i am going start to finish with no hid lighting.
I have five plants, all HSO genetics: 3 amhurst sour diesel and 2 black d.o.g.. These were sprouted just as hurricane irma knocked out the power causing them to live the first week of thier life in darkness. Needless to say they were stressed out and near death when the lights came back on. Despite that early setback the plants all seem very happy and are thriving nicely.
They are about 4 weeks old and have begun growing into the 7ft x 5 ft screen that i used in my last grow. I have noticed that under the led growth is much slower than vegging under a hortilux bulb. Usually at 4 weeks my plants are twice this size. That being said the stucture is not as "leggy" with tighter internodal growth. I am patient enough to let them do thier thing and fill my screen.
As for the lights im using, i have 2 king led 1000 and one kind xl1000. The kind led i bought second hand for half the msrp and the king leds i bought from amazon. Thanks to hushpuppy for the recomendation. I am also trying a new medium for the flood and drain system. They are called grow rocks, expanded glass, pumice like. It is said to hold a perfect air to water ratio....blah bblah blah...its like really giant perlite. So far so good. Im using the same formula of nutrients that i used last grow...modified lucas formula gh micro and gh bloom. Adding silica blast, cal mag, and ph down to r.o. water. Occasionally i need to put some epsom salts and or h2o2 as need. Im including a shot of the light setup with the shots of the plants. The first 2 pics are from 10 days ago the last few are current.

View attachment 20170927_154011.jpg

View attachment 20170927_154006.jpg

View attachment 20170927_154019.jpg

View attachment 20171011_134130.jpg

View attachment 20171011_134135.jpg

View attachment 20171011_134140.jpg

View attachment 20171011_134144.jpg

View attachment 20171011_134146.jpg

View attachment 20171011_134150.jpg

I forgot to mention, i have backed the flood cycle down to once a day. The leaves looked a little bit curled and saggy indicating an over watered condition.

Looks good.

Greenest of mojo Lesso. I really like my led's. I too put some unsexed 4 week old under 12/12 a couple of days ago. It will be fun to see the stretch. Happy for you.

Those girls look happy. I see a forest of buds in your future :D

Greenest of mojo Lesso. I really like my led's. I too put some unsexed 4 week old under 12/12 a couple of days ago. It will be fun to see the stretch. Happy for you.

Thanks for the mojo rose!

Been quite a while. Ive been super distracted by life, death, hurricanes, and job hunts. My grow is showing all the neglect....as is this journal. I have an overgrown bunch of plants that seriously are in need of an aggressive pruning\defol. The white fly has infested due to having an nearly unlimited supply of fresh fan leaves. I have to eradicate them before i can flip. You may not be able to tell from the pics but i have almost enough branches to fill that screen, but they are all bunched in the middle. That also contributed to the whitefly infestation. They hate airflow and my poor plants have almost none in the center scrog. The remedy is a mass defoliation followed by several soakings with insecticide soap and increased airflow. I will also hang the yellow strips and hope for the best. Wish me luck gang....i have my work cut out.

View attachment 20171120_191314.jpg

View attachment 20171120_191254.jpg

View attachment 20171120_191301.jpg

View attachment 20171120_191309.jpg

I wish you all the luck in the world Lesso, you got this. they look nice from here!

Thanks rosebud. Thanks bomb

Ok. So white fly are like little vampire borgs. They were so infested in every plant i had to take nearly every fan leaf from every plant. After that i soaked them in the organic soap again and hung more yellow strips. Ive never stripped this much foliage before. I had no real choice with the infestation gone so bad. Im just hoping for a recovery at this point. Ive seen videos about stripping down a plant before and they always seem to come back ok....lets hope. Here are a before and after comparison. Again keeping our fingers crossed here.

View attachment IMG_4690.jpg

View attachment 20171124_223102.jpg

View attachment 20171124_223109.jpg

View attachment 20171124_223111.jpg

View attachment 20171124_223120.jpg

They look sad now, but they will come back. I've done it a few times in the past and 2-3 days later they look happy again.

I hope you get the pests under control, good luck.

Thanks dogweed. Good to hear.

That is white fly damage Lesso? OH NO. i have never seen that. I had a bit of it once. So sorry, i hope you bounce back quickly. Have you looked at a leaf under a microscope? I am sending you the greenest of mojo!

Yeah rose....under the microscope the leaves were covered in egg clusters and honey dew. I had to pluck the leaves to kill the eggs and not leave the whiteflies a place to make a home. Theyre one of the worst pests in my area. Like lice for plants. Hard to kill and fast to reproduce.

Latest posts

Back