leaf-deficiency-chart-

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like it could be either a pH issue or a toxicity issue. I know fox farms is bad about building up salt if the system isn't cleaned fairly regular. What is your pH and how often do you change your water in the bucket?

I keep the PH around 5.7 - 5.9 , I change the water every week on sundays. I flush the system every two weeks (to remove the salt build up). This is all per fox farm's schedule.

Maybe I should consider changing the nuts... do you have an opinion on General Hydroponics?

Thanks,
Flyer.

After looking some, I think that could also be a calcium deficiency but not sure as I don't know what ff has. I know that it is pretty important for plants in hydro to get some supplemental cal/mag, especially during the flowering stage.

If you want to switch to GH nutes, many people use and love the GH Flora 3part but usually supplement it with cal/mag

After researching the issue a bit more, I've decided I'm going to take two steps to try to resolve this. I have sprayed Neem oil on the plants just in case this could be a fungus... I'm seeing a bit of black spots on the stems of the affected leaves. We have had a very wet winter.. so just in case. Also, during the change of water tomorrow I'm going to add extra supplements which contain both cal and mag. I'll watch for signs of over feeding and if so I'll flush them....
Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

I'm glad to help any time :) Good luck and green mojo :)

That looks like some kind of pathogen that has gotten into the plant. Go to google image and look up MJ pathogens and see iff you can find it. It looks like it is on the growing tips of the smaller leaves as well. I suspect it will quickly kill that plant if you don't get it knocked out. Iff it is only on that one plant then you need to quarantine it to prevent any others ffrom catching it.

just started doing this about a week ago. its been hot like 104 & higher hi hummity. been water the plants in the moring, gaven them a gallon in the moring & at night they r about 3 to 4 feet tall indica. Ph levels r in between 6.5 & 7.0!!! please let me know how to fix this problem, MuddsHole 1#

You say they are beginning to look like the pictured plants above? It sounds like you are watering them too much and they are drowning, or are staying so wet that they are developing a fungus or pathogen. You need to let the soil dry out some down into the depth of the pots. Also make certain that they are draining properly or the soil will not aerate. You can help this a little by using a fish tank pump to bubble your water for 12hrs before using it. This will add needed oxygen to the water for the roots of the plants.
If you can, take a couple pics and start a new thread in this section so that others can see it. It will better help us to diagnose the problem :)

Here is a very informative common leaf deficiency thread, very detailed explanations and pictures.

https://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=231387

potasssium or manganese?, spots look much, much darker under the LED, hard to see in normal light oddly enough but most leaves have spots
might have thought that was nute tip burn but ppms are 400

View attachment 101_0024.jpg

calcium......... don't see any burn........ 400m ppm is mighty low.

potasssium or manganese?, spots look much, much darker under the LED, hard to see in normal light oddly enough but most leaves have spots
might have thought that was nute tip burn but ppms are 400

Have you calibrated your meter? I agree with 13. That looks like the start of calcium problems or nute burn.

calcium......... don't see any burn........ 400m ppm is mighty low.

I added cal/mag to last reset
youtuber told me not to exceed light watts in ppms, my LED is 375W
pH much stabler these days but my probe crapped out
(vinegar clean maybe not such a good idea, new probe on the way
I have no idea what's going on now but they look happy enough)

Have you calibrated your meter? I agree with 13. That looks like the start of calcium problems or nute burn.

I was just getting my pH problems resolved when my probe crapped out.
I'm surprised, I added cal/mag last change few days ago

youtuber told me not to exceed light watts in ppms, my LED is 375W
pH much stabler these days but my probe crapped out
(vinegar clean maybe not such a good idea, new probe on the way
I have no idea what's going on now but they look happy enough)

your youtuber is very wrong......... delete him........... clean your probe with hand soap and a soft toothbrush.......... keep it stored in storage solution.

BTW is your light 375w or equivalent to a 375 watt light?

This is happening to different strains from the bottom up. Looks like Phosphorous late stage but I've been skimpy on the nutes, maybe they're starving, I'm using the Flora 3 part stuff, which one do I increase?
I'm trying to follow their plan but less

I've been trying to correct pH a lot lately, could this be pH related?

View attachment nitrogen.jpg

Latest posts

Back