first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovbnstoned

Reaction score
100_1637.JPG this my first gro,,, cheese wreck n prozack

as U can see they r about ready for a bigger pot

all feedback is welcome

lovbnstoned :cool: :icon_smile:
olstoner :tokie:

been doing this for a week, but had personal issues n finally they r gone-
hope that I will get a lot of feedback cause I really need it. i'm going to grow for a while in soil n maybe a few grows down the line I will start hydroponics,,, cause that looks like the way a lot of people r going

glad that I found this site

looks like you shot the pots with a shot gun....... JK......goodluck...... btw are those fem seeds?

those r home made air pots,,, I've heard that they give the roots of the plant air. looks like it is workin

yes they r femine

here's n update,,, I put the plants in bigger pots 3 gal. containers100_1642.JPG they also have holes on the sides as well100_1643.JPG

don't know much ,,, but they look like they r doing well. I have a chart on how the leaves should look,, n they llok fine to me

all feedback is welcome

lovbnstoned :cool: ;)

may my fello tokers,, b well n high :joint:

They look fine, however, next time let them get a bit bigger before you transplant. It really is a lot harder to control the amount of water the plant is getting when small plants are in large containers.

Green mojo for your grow!

HG,, I thank ya for the info,, i'm going tostart the Grow solution ( Dyna Gro or Fox Farm,,, which do U think would do better 4 my babies
?? I have got both,, since I Gro N sell Desert Roses on the side,, from my house.

before you start giving them nutes how old are they from when they shed their shell (if from seed). also whats your medium? soil or soilless? i grow in organic soils with organic nutes and i typically dont have to start feeding till after the 3rd or 4th week, if i pop the seeds right into the veg pots then it should be around 3 weeks the medium will feed them with just water, if i solo cup them then x-plant into veg pots they go for about 4 weeks before i start feeding nutes, you dont wanna be pumping more nutes into the soil then the plant can handle and most soils will feed for a few weeks without adding nutes. some more info on your grow would be very helpful, btw., id support that lil guy on the right a bit, looks like its leaning hella hard to the left towards that light, also the plant inthe left bucket, it looks like you transplanted that one really deep.

I tried to imitate the airpot as well..but that isnt what we did..the airpots holes are like domes going inward and mine all ways dried faster than I liked...I also like to veg in 16oz solo cups for like 3 weeks maybe 4 befor moving to larger pot...Like THG stated watering becomes a hassle..Tell us more about the setup you are running....Do you have a seperate flower room?..I see you run t5 but what do you plan to flower under?...Im pulling up my Milk crate to watch the Magic Happen

:48:

lovbnstoned said:
HG,, I thank ya for the info,, i'm going tostart the Grow solution ( Dyna Gro or Fox Farm,,, which do U think would do better 4 my babies
?? I have got both,, since I Gro N sell Desert Roses on the side,, from my house.

What did you plant them in? Sorry I can't remember. Like sunakard mentioned, your medium will determine in large part when you need to start nutes. If you soil has food in it you can go awhile. If not, you will need to feed sooner. I like FF nutes better than Dyna-Gro, but that is just me.

that's whatn I was thinkin (( Fox Farm )) only reason I got is that the Dyna gro products works well for the Desert roses

lovbnstoned
olstoner

I plant them in Organic soil,, been think of LST my babies n usin Fox Farm

how long can I keep my plants in Veggie,, the T5 setup ( its 2ft x 2ft wide ,, with Grow bulbs only ) is about 4-6 inches from the top of the plant,, in a 3 gallon container n for right now im using a solution of Great White n Mag-Pro to feed . how long can I wait till I start to use the nutrients ( Fox Farm ), n one they r in the Veggie cycle how long can I keep them, in the cycle, n would the length of time that they r in the Veggie cycle ,,would that improve the amount of Yield I can produce ???

also how long till I can LST, the Prozack plant 100_1648.JPG

lovbnstoned :cool: ;)

typically you wait at LEAST 3 weeks before any sort of stress related fors of LST or HTS are done, as for length in veg, as long as you like really, and yes it can improve yield by vegging longer, the longer it stays in veg the more new growth points you can accumulate via LST/HST. so its up to you bud. as for starting nutes its still hard to tell. you said organic soil, what kind? fox farm happy frog, fox farm ocean forest, roots organic... see where im goin with this. most organic soils on the market are not super soils so they last about 3-4 weeks, youll know when they want nutes, they will start by yellowing the very first set of actual leaves, the single blade after the seed leaves, when you see it starting to yellow thats their way of saying hey dude im hungary so feed me. i cant give you a definate length of time to wait before feeding, there are so many variables like the kind of organic soil or mix of multiple, any additional amendments to the soil and even the strain of marijuana, some strains are hogs and eat alot and some are shy and bearly eat any. but a safe bet is to wait for those first blades to yellow a bit then feed away starting with 1/4 strength nutes and see how they react, if no burnt tips from too strong of nutes then up it to 1/2 strength, so on and so forth untill your at full strength. also some plants MAY need more then full strength, but thats later on, and you can tell when they are at their max tolerance for nutes as the tips of the leaves will burn, turn orange/yellow/brown and be crispy. through the course of growing the plants you can try and find the sweet spot and push them to their limits, if the leaf burning is more then just the tip of the leafs, back off untill its only the very tippy tip. youll figure it out as you go. this is unfortunally one of those things we cant tell you a precise strength for any given point in the plants life, as i said there are so many variables its hard to give you something in stone, just start off gentle and work your way up, youll find that sweet spot eventually. hope this helps yah bud, sorry i couldnt have given you a more exact answer.

i'm just using lambert's organic soil from Homedepot, :farm: n i'm feeding my babies Mag-Pro n Great White n they seem to love it. I don't see any leave, n I would say im going to 2nd week of having them put into the 3 gal pot. I don't see any yellow leaves,, on either of the plants:watchplant: ( Prozack n Cheese Wreck ),, plus the T5 fixture is about 4 to 6 inches above the top of the plants.
I thank ya for the info my fello toker :joint:

up date on my babies 100_1652.JPG this my Prozack,, going on second week in the 3 gall pot, feeding just Great white n Mag-Pro

n this my Cheese Wreck100_1653.JPG being feed the same solution
would ya say I have 2 weeks to go ,,before I can LST the Prozac ??
Feedback welcome

Your plants are looking great. They are so nice and compact that you really don't have anything to lst at this point. You may decide you want to fim them since they are so nice and bushy.

Latest posts

Back