Hermies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDAW004

Reaction score
Had Jock Horror Auto Fem hermi on me this summer. Have quite a few seeds. Will they be female or both male and female. Have heard should be 100 percent female as there were no male plants present

They will have both sex of seeds but they all have very increased chance of hermying. I would toss them since they aren't that special and you don't want to be spreading pollen and seeds everywhere. Regular seeds hermie less. Sorry that happened to you.
I had that happen with jock horrer regular seeds. Didn't like the smoke much so no big loss plus i don't have room in my life for hermy anything. (except one)

If i tell you i would have to kill ya... It is the SLH X Black Dahlia... I won't give out the seeds as it is a known hermier..But I will grow it again as it is my favorite smoke and i will be very careful and try to get the hermy outta her. I have one female that didn't hermi and one that did.

Spoke to seed bank that sold them to me ,said all would be female. This was an outside grow and had some very adverse conditions . Germinated 26 seeds ,are in my tent now under LEDs just for fun. Waiting for my White Widow clones to be ready. Had very hig temps ,in excess of 115 degrees on a few days

If it was that easy to make female seeds, everyone would be doing it.

Spoke to seed bank that sold them to me ,said all would be female. This was an outside grow and had some very adverse conditions . Germinated 26 seeds ,are in my tent now under LEDs just for fun. Waiting for my White Widow clones to be ready. Had very hig temps ,in excess of 115 degrees on a few days

Jeez, what seed bank is that, I will never use them. What they told you is quite misleading and somewhat dishonest, IMHO. Did they also tell you that the resulting seeds are likely to hermy too? No, I didn't think so. While they may all be female, they will carry the hermy gene and the chances of those seeds hermying are greater than ever as they now carry the hermy gene as a dominant gene. I would throw every single last seed away. Like Rosebud, I do not have room for hermy stock in my grows. There are hundreds and hundreds (if not thousands) of seeds out there that are stable and will not hermy even with stress. IMO, you are making a mistake germing these seeds. The fact that you have so many seeds most likely means that it hermied early and profusely. You are risking (and it is a high risk at that) another entirely seeded crop.

Latest posts

Back