Are the leaves actually needed on the plant?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GrewUp To ScrewUp

Which part of the plant truly gets one high? And the saw toothed leaves Mary Jane is known for, can they be cut off? I ask because i dont live alone and those leaves would be so prominent i couldnt hide what im doing. I noticed on the plant i got that it has those saw toothed leaves AND little oval shaped ones. i was wondering if the plant could survive just with the oval shaped ones?

It would survive... but when budding you would be extremely disappointed.. the plant uses the energy stored in the fan leaves when flowering to create big sticky buds =)

how many more oval shaped leaves will develop past the "starter two" and would the plant grow say with NO leaves PERIOD?

Leaves are plants "lungs" and roots are their "arms" to eat with.

If u cut either off... like being human... ur... for lack of a better word... screwed.

KADE said:
Leaves are plants "lungs" and roots are their "arms" to eat with.

If u cut either off... like being human... ur... for lack of a better word... screwed.
What a great way of putting it KADE. ;)

Yeah... well I mean no... It will not live without leaves... at all. Those two oval ones are going to fall off anyway. Without the other leaves it will die. There wont be a flowering cycle because it wont make it that far. Now what you could do is trim off a few of the fan leaves when it gets older. if you have more room going up than room to grow out prune some of the growth on the bottom(when they get older) and it will focus on growth on the top of the plant. But you are in the seedling stage. Slow down and let nature do it's thing for a lil. Then you can sculpt it. And it's the flower it'self that gives you most of the cannaboids. But, there are some in leaves as well. But you have to wait until the plant is mature and in the flowering stage. If not there will nothing worth smoking. And that goes for males to. They do make THC, just not as much as females. I read that male leaves can be more potent than female leaves. But it's the female flower that you grow for.

grewup'...google "Photosynthesis"...

yea hick i got my biology book next to my bed. and what is the point of those two oval leaves? and can the edges of the leaves be cut off atleast so it want look like weed? ill fix the odorsituation on my own.

GrewUp To ScrewUp said:
yea hick i got my biology book next to my bed. and what is the point of those two oval leaves? and can the edges of the leaves be cut off atleast so it want look like weed? ill fix the odorsituation on my own.

Those two oval leaves are just starter leaves. As said above they will fall off later. You could cut off the edges of the leaves if you wanted to but the stress you put your plant through won't allow it to produce what you expect it to. Growing MJ is about having it in the right conditions ( lights, environment, and no stress ) = BIG BUDS.

well its better to have slowed down productivity with a few then none at all or with them in an evidence locker...

GrewUp To ScrewUp said:
well its better to have slowed down productivity with a few then none at all or with them in an evidence locker...

Sounds like your better off just going down the street and buying some dope man lol.

Buy yourself a pack of 'Ducks Foot'. The leaves look like little ducks feet and in veg are very unique. Only problem is they still smell, and in bud they start to look like a regular pot plant. Really neat and the buzz is great I here. I just planted three seeds I was gifted back on the old OG. They sprouted and I am eager to see how they turn out. I believe the web leaf trait is resessive, so i'm hoping the guy that gifted them to me made sure he used both ducksfoot mother and father. If not I will have to wait till the F2 generation to see my little ducky plants. Oh well, I got the time I guess.

Sorry for the rant, I smoked a little too much tonight and my fingers don't want to stop typing. That damb blueberry, does it all the time....

TGT

laylow6988 said:
Sounds like your better off just going down the street and buying some dope man lol.
hell i can go next door (even though i put a letter on there door today telling them im sick of the weed smell:rolleyes:!!), to my left door, te door aboveme, my maintance man, thats really sad lol. but u might not know it but all the women in my family love plants and raise them, and ive liked farming since i was little espcially with mellons. the joy would come from just seeing her grow.

Latest posts

Back