Do you "hold it in" ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you hold in your toke ?

• always, as deeply and as long as I can

• never, I smoke a joint like a cigarette

• somewhere in between

Results are only viewable after voting.

sopappy

Reaction score
I recently read somewhere that it's unnecessary to suck in the vapor or smoke as deeply as you can and totally unnecessary to hold it in at all. It claimed it makes little to no difference in THC to the bloodstream and is actually harder on the lungs.

I treat Vapor and Smoke differently.

I "hold" my vapor hits but only for like a 2, maybe 3 count :volcano vaporizer:
and I treat my smoke (anything combustion) "all but a cigarette" so maybe a half count. :bong: :ccc: etc

but I totally believe that holding any hit as long as you can is NOT a good plan (for your lungs)
:48:

I treat Vapor and Smoke differently.

I "hold" my vapor hits but only for like a 2, maybe 3 count :volcano vaporizer:
and I treat my smoke (anything combustion) "all but a cigarette" so maybe a half count. :bong: :ccc: etc

but I totally believe that holding any hit as long as you can is NOT a good plan (for your lungs)
:48:

I'm 62, very popular in my day to hold it in as long as you could. I heard about a 2 sec rule (sounds like your vape hit) few years back but I still find myself holding it in (hold habits die hard)

I'm 62, very popular in my day to hold it in as long as you could. I heard about a 2 sec rule (sounds like your vape hit) few years back but I still find myself holding it in (hold habits die hard)
:yeahthat:

dont need to hold it man, wont make any difference. I use a Herbalizer Vaporizer and i smoke normaly and no matter what i do i get the same high.. i wouldnt hold specially cause is hot, and dry air, this will irritate your lungs if not contribute for someting worst due to the high temperatures.

i do hold like 2 seconds when i smoke a joint, but i prefer to play the release and catch smoke, i get more high, dont know why.. maybe is all psychological

dont need to hold it man, wont make any difference. I use a Herbalizer Vaporizer and i smoke normaly and no matter what i do i get the same high.. i wouldnt hold specially cause is hot, and dry air, this will irritate your lungs if not contribute for someting worst due to the high temperatures.

i do hold like 2 seconds when i smoke a joint, but i prefer to play the release and catch smoke, i get more high, dont know why.. maybe is all psychological

I agree the heat is the culprit. I use a long hose and bought a little aluminum so-called cooling coil but does squat... I sometimes run the hose through a bucket of ice water... heat is the culprit fer sure

there's that repeating thing again... 63 yr old pothead doesn't remember at the end of a paragraph what he wrote at the beginning

there's that repeating thing again... 63 yr old pothead doesn't remember at the end of a paragraph what he wrote at the beginning

sounds amazing ganja you smoke! hahahaha

im thinking to connect the hose from my vaporizer to a glass coil, that would do the trick to cool down the vape, if not sink the glass coil in ice then use it.

Ofc not to hold longer the vapor but so i can give more hits without drinking cold water.. i like to vape 390-420 F

sounds amazing ganja you smoke! hahahaha

im thinking to connect the hose from my vaporizer to a glass coil, that would do the trick to cool down the vape, if not sink the glass coil in ice then use it.

Ofc not to hold longer the vapor but so i can give more hits without drinking cold water.. i like to vape 390-420 F

I go up as high as 440, I don't like to but I want to see a cloud.
I keep the thing on too log too, probably burning off crap off the heating element :-( I should try edibles but o patience for that

I forgot about my ice bag thing, kind of a pain but works great. have a long hose (that's what...) and lay it between two bags of ice.
the ice melts around the hose, wait... pic coming
I store this thing in the fridge, It becomes a block I can poke the hose through
much cooler, esp if you draw slowly
trying it now, very effective, not sure if the coil helps, even submersed in ice bucket, didn't do much, the bags work

View attachment IMG_20170424_190732.jpg

View attachment IMG_20170424_175011.jpg

I went to a seminar put on by an oncologist in town. The first thing he opened his talk with was, "you don't need to hold it in" The audience gasp. lol It is a hard habit to break.

ya, let's get the word out... I wish I'd known this 40 years ago.... I can remember taking huge bottle tokes and holding 'til I burst.
If something made you laugh (and how hard was that?), it was hard on the throat too!

Breath in...Breath out...:bong:
lol at that one... I take that hose after 10 minutes 230C and slowly draw for a 20 count, exhale, repeat, exhale, repeat, and that's about .25 grams.

I use that long hose for cooling and collecting, that stuff is gold dripped on to some mediocre pot :)

I forgot about my ice bag thing, kind of a pain but works great. have a long hose (that's what...) and lay it between two bags of ice.
the ice melts around the hose, wait... pic coming
I store this thing in the fridge, It becomes a block I can poke the hose through
much cooler, esp if you draw slowly
trying it now, very effective, not sure if the coil helps, even submersed in ice bucket, didn't do much, the bags work

I was thinking to use the Graham model to cool down the smoke

0N2T6.png

definitely cool.
where, pray tell, do you get those babies?

I went to a seminar put on by an oncologist in town. The first thing he opened his talk with was, "you don't need to hold it in" The audience gasp. lol It is a hard habit to break.

tyvm for your post,tho word-of-mouth i'd believe Rose. I always held to a 3 count at the most for flowers and barely breath in dabs cuz' they 'splode from me lungs...:rofl: :stoned:

I was thinking to use the Graham model to cool down the smoke

0N2T6.png

I used one of these little dabber zoots and jayzus christie one hit and I was done with dabs for awhile and I consider myself quite the veteran smoker :joint:

p.s. I'd def endorse anyone of these glass units, they work well and get de job done if ya know whatta mean....:joint: :stoned::bolt:

Yes I remember in the 70s we would hold the smoke in until we almost passed out sometimes. lol
The THC levels were not high back in the day and maybe we thought we got extra high from lack of oxygen from holding in our hits. ha ha

My MMJ Doctor once told me THC absorbs very quickly in your lungs and there is no need to hold a hit longer than 5 seconds.

I

I vape daily for severe symptoms which then are not severe . I generally vape nearly pure D9 THC because I have a process that refines crude to that point. Zero terpenes and such then.

I have found that a generally quick inhalation like I would take just before a dive into a pool gets the compound past the main irritation point mid chest and delivers the medicine deep. I hold it in briefly because the sensation is great for the inhalation portion. Then I have learned to exhale quickly and inhale a few times just as deeply after the hit to clear the lungs of aerosol. The light burn after thirty seconds is the feel of medicine tickling the nerves in the lungs as the med is absorbed kind of slow. Likely terpenes present penetrate that layer in the lung better and help this along faster but with pure it sets in slowly.

Deep breathing three or four breaths on its own triggers better blood flow and opens up the lungs irregardless of the vapor as well so there is a physical synergy effect too from deep breathing. Finally when vaping as much as I do I have learned to lift my tongue so the incoming vapor aerosol that I am inhaling first contact the underside of my tongue before entering my esophagus. The top of the tongue and mouth are not very sensitive to fairly high temps but the underside of the tongue is and will also cool the vapor of its own accord for the more sensitive parts of the throat further on.

I have been smoking for thousands of years, I think.
Bong smokers always said that joint smokers are wasting the weed.
I have to agree. I do smoke both but a bong can get you high with less weed than a joint.
I used to down a large bowl in one, hold it for as long as I could and then let go.
I know I take in more when I do this because there is smoke coming out and it is much
thinner than if I don't hold it.
I also know that it is necessary to mix tobacco to the right proportion, you really do get higher if
you get it right.
What's the point really though of spending oodles of cash and refining your grow if you don't do
the same when you smoke. Blasphemy, that's what it is.

And if you don't believe then why read a book called the "Marijuana Bible "

:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back