Auto Skunk Feminized grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rdrose

Growin' with the Stars...
Reaction score
Good evening everyone, I am growing an Auto Skunk and don't have much experience with these strains.

This was a free seed with my order and I am noticing how different the buds are on this plant.

I think it may be ready for harvest, or very close, anyway. Do I look for amber colored trichomes on these plants as I would with regular plants?

Here are a couple of pics, the plant is only about 18 inches tall. Thanks!

Rdrose

View attachment 20150704_202735_resized.jpg

View attachment 2015-07-04 20.51.21.jpg

View attachment 20150704_202752.jpg

Trich's are surely milky but would need a glass to see just where you are. she sure looks good. I would say your close if not there, but hard to tell by the pic's. How old is she? Since she is an auto she will only live a certain number of days from seed so that's the first thing I would check is how long is she supposed to live. Hope that helps, JAAM knows auto's pretty well, I'm growing my first one as well and he has had good advice for mine. I'm like you, not new just new to an auto, mine was a freebee too...sweet seeds dark devil...she has been fun so far, she just sits in my veg tent and she is 2.5 foot tall now and just beginning to bud well, it's got 5 more weeks till it will be ready.

I believe that plant may be seeded. It sure like a seed in that last picture, up near the top. Do you see what I see?

Kraven, I did take out my loupe and checked the trichomes, they are perfect, lots of cloudy trichomes and also a very good number of amber ones, I will be harvesting it tonight or tomorrrow.

Hemp Goddess, that is just the way the flash hit the plant, it is not a seed.

This plant was so amazing as it went from seedling to flowering almost immediately, the flowers themselves do have a very strange 'shape' to them so I wasn't too sure about how to judge the proper ripeness, but according to what I read after this post, the trichomes are still the best indicator.

I'm very jazzed about the simplicity of growing these auto's compared to the regular plants. I can definitely see the advantages of a quick grow and being able to harvest in such a short amount of time.

I'll be sure to give you all a smoke report once it's ready.

Good to be back here!!

The flowering period is 60-65 days, JL.

Mine went from germ to death in 74 days, and under 12/12 she gave me 3.oz and grew to be 51" tall. I was impressed, it changed my mind about auto's.

Thats great news im gonna finish mine in 18/6 hours...its on 12/12 bc of the other plant in flower but when she's out ill move it back!

Latest posts

Back