what is wrong with this setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My base water is 240ppm and I add a good 360 at this stage getting it to 600 and it does not cause any burning. Your leaves look like deficient possibly because of both ph being off and them needing more feeding

hi zem, I had to stop reading that rat thread, hope it had a happy ending.

wow, 600ppm this early and weakened like this?
I think they have a virus now, I'm just leaving them as bait.
I've dusted every damn square inch in the room for the next grow, I'm sick of nursing losers, I'd rather start over AGAIN :-(

Hang in there Pappy, those plants are resilient when in veg. Once they get the roots going, they get strong quick.... Try looking up Azadiractin. I think that is how its spelled. That is the active ingredient. If you can get that, it dissolves in water better. If not, the Neem oil will dissolve in water with a drop of liquid dish soap (no chlorine). I would go with 4oz per gallon of water and soil drench them. You can spray them as well as long as there are no flowers present. Yes it will leave an oily sheen on the leaves for about 15-20 days. But it wont hurt the plant. That will eliminate thrips.

Hang in there Pappy, those plants are resilient when in veg. Once they get the roots going, they get strong quick.... Try looking up Azadiractin. I think that is how its spelled. That is the active ingredient. If you can get that, it dissolves in water better. If not, the Neem oil will dissolve in water with a drop of liquid dish soap (no chlorine). I would go with 4oz per gallon of water and soil drench them. You can spray them as well as long as there are no flowers present. Yes it will leave an oily sheen on the leaves for about 15-20 days. But it wont hurt the plant. That will eliminate thrips.

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_n...l=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Azadiractin
I only get to read about it

and this is as close as I get to NEEM
https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=neem&rh=i:aps,k:neem

the room is diatomaceous earth everywhere, they lived through an alcohol wash and an H2O2 wash so I'm not spraying that on them again.

I'll stick it out, HP, but I'm not optimistic. my wingspan notes shows they are stopped but They did stretch up instead a bit to the raised light, it's down again (2-3 inches)

I went over every leaf and can't find any.
The powder is a dusting everywhere, forgot about the fans in the leds but they're crap anyways, 7-8 years old
overpowering urge to dust in there haha

on the bright side, I stumbled on the fix for my furnace and cancelled a nerve-wracking service call aaaand saved some bucks!
man, cold and stressed trying to hide signs of what I'm doing down there when I can't fix it and have to schedule a service call
I tried one last time with a new non-prog stat using only two wires and awaaaaay we go, what a sweet sound.....
Frig the A/C, don't need that today harhar

sopappy What type of furnace heaters do you use? What is its problem?

sopappy What type of furnace heaters do you use? What is its problem?

Forced Air Gas Furnace is in basement. The programmable thermostat popped a fuse when I didn't change the batteries fast enough (or so it seemed).
Display read Lo Bat for a few days then went blank...
I changed the batteries and a fuse popped on the main board in the furnace.
Nothing is a simple fix in here.
Poltergeists.

Forced Air Gas Furnace is in basement. The programmable thermostat popped a fuse when I didn't change the batteries fast enough (or so it seemed).
Display read Lo Bat for a few days then went blank...
I changed the batteries and a fuse popped on the main board in the furnace.
Nothing is a simple fix in here.
Poltergeists.

Hey sopappy check this out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Uc-gVoYFs second part of the video he changes the fuse on the board. It does look fairly simple. Hope this helps, good luck

Hey sopappy check this out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Uc-gVoYFs second part of the video he changes the fuse on the board. It does look fairly simple. Hope this helps, good luck

Missed that one. I've never seen the fuse on the furnace 110 switch, that was kinda neat. I damaged my thermostat changing the batteries and blew the 5A one on the board. Glad I bought 5 of them, it took me three to figure it out.

Well, I'm back, I can't remember ever having a smooth grow and I do get tired of moaning all the time, but here we go again...

These are the seedlings that were attacked by bugs. I sprayed with H2O2, alcohol, water and spread diacromablahblah earth all over the place. I think they're gone HA!

Anyways...I moved them from that tray into a tub, 200 ppm, the roots were reaching the water so I did not top water. They drooped almost immediately. I thought with the new digs, they'd look a lot better this am and they do not.

View attachment 100_0029.jpg

View attachment 100_0028.jpg

View attachment 100_0027.jpg

Anybody concerned about chloramines in their city water?
I can't believe I'm this incompetent, it's a weed ffs
(only I have plants that look thirsty or over watered in hydro)

Pappy, its easier to just say DE :eek:

I have never used city water but I would think it will depend on which city. If you are in Flint Mich. you may want to use bottled water :eek: seriously, it will depend on several factors. one being the distance from the treatment plant. Two being how much that particular facility uses to treat their water. I say if you cant smell it, it should be ok, but I wouldn't swear to that as I have never dealt with it.

One thing that I think is plaguing you is that cuttings/clones can be VERY temperamental sometimes. That is why I start all mine in smaller cups, so that I can more precisely control the moisture level.
Also those clones may just be responding to being moved to a new location, since they changed so quickly. Give them a few days. If you are feeding 200 ppm, you may want to bump up to 300 as they are growing canopies that will want more nutes. :)

Pappy, its easier to just say DE :eek:

I have never used city water but I would think it will depend on which city. If you are in Flint Mich. you may want to use bottled water :eek: seriously, it will depend on several factors. one being the distance from the treatment plant. Two being how much that particular facility uses to treat their water. I say if you cant smell it, it should be ok, but I wouldn't swear to that as I have never dealt with it.

One thing that I think is plaguing you is that cuttings/clones can be VERY temperamental sometimes. That is why I start all mine in smaller cups, so that I can more precisely control the moisture level.
Also those clones may just be responding to being moved to a new location, since they changed so quickly. Give them a few days. If you are feeding 200 ppm, you may want to bump up to 300 as they are growing canopies that will want more nutes. :)

Hi HP. I tell you what's really discouraging about this slow growth and the bugs...NO clobes here! I grow from seed! 8 years, no bugs, how the f did they get in? no street clothes or shoes, filtres on air input!

The chloramine filtre is 50 bucks and it helps the other filtres last longer too apparently, I guess it can't hurt.

Half of them seem to be coming back ever so slowly so I'll do reset at 300 but growth always seems so slow in here.

Man bugs can find their way in. I had black flies a while back and I swear they were spontaneously generating from nowhere. I kept killing them until they finally quit rematerializing :eek: I often will spray neem oil on my walls and around any openings in my room that go to outside. I think (cant swear to it) that it helps keep the critters away.

The chloramine filter may be worth trying. I know clones are hard sometimes to get going. I have a strain now called Strawberry sour Diesel that clones easily enough but then the clones flounder for multiple weeks before picking up and going on. Its like they want to be FULLY rooted before they will do anything that looks like proper growth. Once they get going in veg, they do fine. I think its because the clones are kinda vulnerable to everything while they are in that rooting stage and transition stage.

Man bugs can find their way in. I had black flies a while back and I swear they were spontaneously generating from nowhere. I kept killing them until they finally quit rematerializing :eek: I often will spray neem oil on my walls and around any openings in my room that go to outside. I think (cant swear to it) that it helps keep the critters away.

The chloramine filter may be worth trying. I know clones are hard sometimes to get going. I have a strain now called Strawberry sour Diesel that clones easily enough but then the clones flounder for multiple weeks before picking up and going on. Its like they want to be FULLY rooted before they will do anything that looks like proper growth. Once they get going in veg, they do fine. I think its because the clones are kinda vulnerable to everything while they are in that rooting stage and transition stage.

Good lord, HP, what's a man bug? Sounds pretty fricken big.
Damn papa Trudeau, I used metric and used 10x the nutes, tray was 3000ppm... actually 2900 on the meter but (stoned) I (wishful) saw 290
I hate waste, I hope the 3part flora stuff lasts few months when mixed.

HushPuppy, Many dairy farmers spray AEM on their walls to decrease the black fly population.

:doh: that should've said, "man, I tell you what, bugs will find a way in." If you get man-bugs, its time to put away the Azamax and break out the shotgun :eek:

The Black flies were actually in my house, not the grow (thankfully). I think they came in with some hyacinth bulbs in pots that had been outside. I brought them in so the hard freeze wouldn't kill them. I think the flies had been laying dormant in the soil and when it warmed up in my house, they slowly came out.

Latest posts

Back