Sopappy's so so grows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those plants look like they are doing well. That last one looks like it stretched when you went to 18/6 but no problem. I would cut them all in half myself so that the lower branches will come out.
HOWEVER, those also look very Indica in structure. Very Indica don't always like to be topped. If you want the side branches to come out more on them, remove all of the fan leaves from the lower 2/3 of plants (without cutting the secondary growth at those nodes) and they will branch out more.

cutting them in half? Do you mean top them at the middle node?

when you say secondary growth, is that a branch starting at a node?

you'd keep that tight node mess at the bottom?

Im seeing rabbit stew. Yehaaaaaaaaa

Nice job Bro.

I saw a couple Asians stalking it with a butterfly net and bolted for my camera. All setup and ready to record, I was praying they'd catch it... be vewy, vewy quiet!

Thanks, it's looking pretty good in there. Isn't a day goes by I don't have to clean up a spill in there, I'm not going to get busted, I'm going to get electrocuted.

(attn pot harm thread folks... see that double use of "in there" in that last sentence? I think pot does that.)

Here's the foam I'm trying, Zem. When i first filled the tray, they all started floating hahaha, didn't see that coming
It takes a minute to fill the tray, 10 minutes to drain and I turn the pump on every 15 minutes.

UPdate: total flop, I hope I didn't incline those embryoes to go all male on me
they're in RR now
a foam would be superb for ebb and flowing but the seeds did nothing
this foam is probably treated with something and I killed a dozen seeds :-(
I'll know in 4 days, rapid rooters are hard to beat

water & electricity.... if I disappear, probably electrocuted myself
had the lamp down close to new seedlings, forgot about old faithful
luckily I was standing there and slid one of the plastic pots over the hole
phew

View attachment foam.jpg

View attachment ebbandflow.jpg

Never buy pre-mixed nutes, there's another picture of this REZ after using it, nasty.
I'm back to the mixing A + B and much better.
I shook the living crap out of that bottle too, no difference, horrible syrupy stuff, yuck

View attachment dontbuy.jpg

I'm trimming some plants readying for flower and can't bring myself to just chuck those branches so I thought I'd torture them for awhile first.
Some guy on the interweb get roots this way apparently

View attachment clone.jpg

well hi there pappy seams like you have things dailed in the way you want.
looking forward to see more of the ladies

Try setting your rapid rooter on top of perlite. Fill with water till they almost float. Works for me:aok:

well hi there pappy seams like you have things dailed in the way you want.
looking forward to see more of the ladies

nope, wrong guy, I'm so out of sync with my gals, it's almost entertaining

I'm trying to germinate in air conditioner foam seals and home-made ebb &flo seedling trays w/ mats and needlessly complicated HA controlling it all.
pull up a chair, it'll be hoot

Try setting your rapid rooter on top of perlite. Fill with water till they almost float. Works for me:aok:

I'm trying to replace the RR because they'll get too soggy in my half and half ebb &flo RDWC systems. The things take forever to drain. I'm trying foam in hydroton instead.

That is an excellent idea. I gather you don't water the plugs, just keep the perlite wet?

That's right sopappy:aok:
Works for Rockwool also.

pulling it up and takeing a seat:volcano vaporizer:

hahahaha well, just in time, foam failed
perlite works okay but the foam doesn't wick,
and I just got this sick feeling that the roots might not be able to penetrate it or maybe it's treated for mold or something
I always think of this **** AFTER :-(

I saw necks in 3-4 days with the plugs, it's been 4 days in the foam and the shells haven't even cracked so back into the plugs they went

View attachment plugs.jpg

Here's a shot of the stems, ones in the pots are back-ups about the same age.
Different strains here as well. The one closest to camera got trimmed to 4 branches and topped. They're all about 6 weeks
left quadrant, upper right (and to her right) were pathetic looking things last week

handheld, tripod in flower

View attachment tray.jpg

View attachment sunuva.jpg

3 males pretty much jumped up and down at about week 6 in veg tray
that big stalk I was bragging about, male
unremarkable finding males, i prefer regular seed, but this time, while moving the eyepiece in to position
(look, I'm sorry, but I find that erotic every time :)
I swear I could feel the difference, (oh crap, a dink), before I even looked

the roots looked good, nice white, some staining, the roots smell reminded me of carrots, I'm hopeing that's a good thing

transplanting with rapid rooters and hydroton is painless
only bummer is trimming the roots, that's why the little pots for back-ups
the roots are perfect to drop into net pots and the tray

As usual, I'm running out of pot way too early :-(
Here's the flower room, starting week 3,
4 in rdwc,
2 handwatered in hydroton and they're keeping up !!

I check out your grows
so I hope you all realize how difficult it is to post here some days

almost half way thru flower for pete's sake

View attachment flowermonday.jpg

Lost a pump some time yesterday,
I noticed this morning because the water temp in the REZ was staying about 2 degrees below normal, no ice needed and it was still warm in here ???

I wonder how warm the water in the buckets got, (bubbles only, no circ)
dammit, could have been worse w/o bubblers i guess

Who would have thought a rez magically staying cool was a problem?

and root activity heats up the water, fascinating
I can monitor both pumps with the temperature gauge in the rez
it wasn't beeping at me to change the ice cubes
hindsight

From that orange bucket... I found two plants that seemed to have a tap root so i dropped them in to plugs and put them under the T5

3 up in 4 days but concerned about all them laggards

View attachment thursday.jpg

Latest posts

Back