Flowering fert question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedsteve420

Reaction score
So*I am about to begin flowering, and I was looking at different stuff at Lowes and Walmart. Closest ratios I could find was this. Thinking*about top dressing with it. Or will it be better to use a general liquid feet like 5-5-5? This is*3-5-4
97ac42d76f028b46ff2ee6bb077fe8ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a suggestion, I would look more towards a brand that is designed to work well with the Mg loving plant your trying to feed. I'll not make any suggestions unless you ask, since I feel like you know your grow and grow habits better than I. Peace.

Welcome stephenpump101 I am glad you found us.. So like Kraven said some folks think using marijuana specific food is better. Is your budget tight? I actually don't think this food you have would be horrible. It has time release nutes(fertilizer) and cannabis plants don't like that. They tell us when they are hungry, that way we don't over fertilize. What are your plants in now?
There are lots of options and if you want specific names of things we will be happy to do that.. Let us know your budget and if you are organic or synthetic and lots of folks will be by to help.

Again, welcome to our site.. MP is an awesome place.

Is there some compelling reason that you aren't/won't order nutes online? Home Depot and Walmart do not have the best selections, especially in the winter.

Just a suggestion, I would look more towards a brand that is designed to work well with the Mg loving plant your trying to feed. I'll not make any suggestions unless you ask, since I feel like you know your grow and grow habits better than I. Peace.

I ain't chicken.......this will get it done........

http://www.nehydro.com/fertilizers-...ers/flora-series-fertilizer-3-part-kit-32-oz/

http://www.nehydro.com/fertilizers-...droponics-stimulators/kool-bloom-liquid-32oz/

http://www.nehydro.com/fertilizers-.../calimagic-calcium-magnesium-supplement-32oz/

http://www.nehydro.com/ph-tds-testing/ph-adjustment/gh-ph-down-32oz/

if you really had to, you could get by with at least vegetable ferts like tomato and such, these are different than flowers and roses and their requirements

The first question here should be; Are you wanting to go with "organic soil" grow or a more synthetic nutrient grow? Do you know the difference? The reason I ask is that the nutrients that you listed are "advertised" to be organic. If you are a beginner, then you shouldn't mix organic and synthetic feeding together. Cannabis is a very need specific plant, and a "high energy" plant, much like heavy fruiting plants. You don't want to use an "all purpose" fertilizer for them unless you just have no choice. In that case, get a good organic mix of soil and feed it with organic nutrients.

Welcome to The Passion :) don't be afraid to ask questions.

I didn't have monsanto on my mind, I had your good help on my mind. To share your winning formula is very kind, that is all.

I didn't have monsanto on my mind, I had your good help on my mind. To share your winning formula is very kind, that is all.

I wouldn't have it unless it was shared with me......... I follow directions well......... and had a grandmother who taught me to clone plants in 2nd grade......... wonder if I should show her pics of my plants.

View attachment IMG_0097.jpg

G13,,,I bet you used MG Bloom Booster for that plant. :rofl: Dont lie.

By the way,,awesome looking my friend.

Well I keep a super tight budget on my grow honestly I ended up using the organic i i posted as a top dressing. dude the plants liked it a lot lol but before this I was using Alaska fish fert organic 5-1-1. According to the directions on the package called for 1 cup per 10 cube feet of soil, so my soil in the pots is about 1 cube foot so I used 1/10 a cup and mixed it into thee soil and watered. According it supposed to be good for 8 weeks. No burns on plants showing.

14 bag seeds. I started soil for 14 seedlings in solo cups, after about 2 weeks I transplanted to 2.5 gallons of soil 50/50 mix organic ecoscraps gardening soil and coarse tube sand.used Alaska fish feet every 2 weeks. I am over a month into this. Every plant has my LST, topped, and supercropped. 1 male found, so 13 left atm. And now I have added the 8 week time release flowering nutes organic. Planning to start 12/12 lighting next week. There's 3 weak plants and I am probably going to discard them. I feed the plants with boiled/cooled then phed water to 6.5 and runoff is checked and its also 6.5.
315a55290321af18e10feaf5c5f568c5.jpg
fb2b12a8d977c339f7b492216791b973.jpg
58d22bdf2b520812a64a815562f48d11.jpg
5e53d20af8ac2d8f026411a23463b258.jpg
720c03516dd25dcfc3572d4eee686ef7.jpg
e1e548331041696d9885d796ee2e7569.jpg
6c6f6f09e742e98e43dba65e9ca2512d.jpg
14a113e6971a7363303e4d5ebe510625.jpg
fc21a9ad353f8d085bd99d47337f7b4d.jpg

I use that Fish Fertilizer in my Veggie garden.

Keep a close eye out for hermies. As you got 13 out of 14 females, the seeds were almost certainly selfed.

Yep,,there is a reason you get bagseed.

I know generally if the parent plant was a herm then the seeds will be germ, found that out well after I started all this though. I am mainly doing this as experience before I decide to buy seeds. So if they germ I will probably just let them rock to finish.

Its all good Bro,,i have grown out Bagseed before. Got some good dank couple times,,,got some hermies too. Lol

I have spent under 200 dollars on this operation, so I am not to sad about it.

Latest posts

Back