Published!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

legalize_freedom

I just heard that our very own Jmansweed has been published in "Indoor Gardener Magazine" and has recieved a slot for the next year!!!!

This guy has alot of knowledge and has helped me out more times that I can count! His posts here are always very informative, and detailed. He is definately an asset to MP!

I get free copies of the Indoor Gardener at one of th Hydro shops I go to, but after hearing that someone I consider to be a freind is going to have a column...well I just have to send out some dollars for a script now!

Jman is knowledgeable, freindly, and the epitimy of helpfull to anyone that asks, he has contributed greatly to our site with his nute studies, and all the general feedback that he offers to whoever asks.

I just wanted to let the community know that he was chosen to write a monthly column for a reputable magazine, and to personally congratulate him! Also to thank him once again for all that he has done personally for me...he made me rethink my whole way of growing...and the results have been nothing but good!

Jmansweed...Thanks man for all you contribute & Congrats on the writing position!!! No one deserves it more!!!!

Thanks for all your help!

Thanks all - Chef - Hmmmmmmmmmm - the Star of the garden?

With-out a doubt it's Central Mass Bubble Chem - one of the best strains I've ever smoked. I'm just lucky enough to have it. Genetics are old.

I recently crossed ChemDawg with Jack Cleaner aka Cleaner Chem. It is rapidly becoming one of my favorites as well.

I also have my trusty Sky Walker and Skunky Reclining Buddha as always.

Again, thanks all

I wish I could describe the flavor chef. Does Fuely, fruity gack do it justice?! Maybe not.....

It's the ChemDawg with a Bubblegum tartness to it. The best part is not the flavor however, it seems to get you higher and higher. Not a sleepy stone either. I love the stuff - obviously. Real energetic buzz.:D

Nice job, J. That's a big damn deal. Congratulations and keep tossing words.

jmansweed said:
Thanks all - Chef - Hmmmmmmmmmm - the Star of the garden?

With-out a doubt it's Central Mass Bubble Chem - one of the best strains I've ever smoked. I'm just lucky enough to have it. Genetics are old.

I recently crossed ChemDawg with Jack Cleaner aka Cleaner Chem. It is rapidly becoming one of my favorites as well.

I also have my trusty Sky Walker and Skunky Reclining Buddha as always.

Again, thanks all

congratulations on the great recognition of your skill!
:woohoo:

I have a dumb - new to growing - question..,
regarding your Central Mass Bubble Chem
you said your lucky to have it (due to) old genetics... My question is... Can you clone it and intentionally hermie it to obtain seeds then breed it back to itself? Would that just cause a higher tendency for any seed grown plants to hermie?
I'm just curious.
Thanks.

Gone2pot! said:
congratulations on the great recognition of your skill!
:woohoo:

I have a dumb - new to growing - question..,
regarding your Central Mass Bubble Chem
you said your lucky to have it (due to) old genetics... My question is... Can you clone it and intentionally hermie it to obtain seeds then breed it back to itself? Would that just cause a higher tendency for any seed grown plants to hermie?
I'm just curious.
Thanks.

I am lucky to have it. Not really because of the old genetics but more so, simply because I got my hands on it. I only mentioned the age to reinforce the point it hasn't been cross bred since the original.

It's clone only currently, and has been since it was started. All my strains are clone only actually. I do frequently develop seeds and save them for future grows.

I just produced a Bubble Chem cross, as you mentioned - forcing out a male flower. It was back-crossed and we have started those seeds simply as a test for viability. Interesting one is a male - so we'll see what happens with Bubble Chem pollen...........:hubba:

Forcing male flowers can indeed produce inter-sexed plants, as can traditional breeding. If the strain is traditionally inter-sexed it's offspring can have the same traits. Bubble Chem is stable - I'm hoping the offspring display the same results.

Thanks as always.........Jman

You've answered one question I was going to ask... may I ask this:
I've accidentally acquired a local sativa that has some interesting properties. I'll have to wait to do a smoke test to see if it has what it takes, but just as a precaution, took half a dozen clones.

Let's assume it turns out to be dynamite blow. (otherwise I take no further action)

What to do to get seed? I feel unconfortable if I have a valued strain as clone only.

I could reverse one of the clones and do a self, but from my own experience with that, the product seeds will all be feminised so you still end up with no males.

I'll have a male in flower soon from my extremely potent indica, the Black Domina. So I could selectively pollinate to create an experimental 50-50. And they are often interesting.

Or I could grow some of my old school genetics, the selected-from-F2's of the 75-25 Oaxaca x A.I. and pollinate the sativa with it. At least that would be like a 88/12 genetic ratio, another F2 probly, with the need to select. And then look amongst the offspring for the special features of the mom.

Which? :confused:

Congrats Jman...

As helpful as you are to all of us around here it's awesome that you'll be able to reach many, many more indoor gardeners by getting a slot in the magazine...:) Thanks so much for all you do around here...

Peace!:cool:

we re so lucky to have growers among us with such intellect. words cannot describe. thank you mp Gods

Congrats, jman!!

You are truly an assett to this forum and to the community. I appreciate all the help you have given me through your posts. Good luck and keep up the great work.

Latest posts

Back