more info on a sick mary...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yama102106

Reaction score
i have about a 3 inch in diameter container about 3 inches deep, plastic. i just went outside and grab some topsoil out of the garden. i have a little fert stick on the side of the container. i just have a 100 watt soft white bulb above it insulated with aluminum foil in the lamp. its about a foot and a half above the plant. the plant container also has aluminum foil around it to help thicken the stem from a previous thread. i also have a fan on low to make the leaf's move a little and keep the plant from burning up. i dont know the pH level or anything like that. please help will have photos of sick mary and my new sprout healthy jane. i also use tap water to water it, but i let it sit out for 24 hours to get chemicals out. please help my brothers......

I don't even know where to start with this except to say you have a lot of reading to do. Not to be rude but this is why you need to research before you start a plant. You never even said what's actually wrong with the plant. First of all, the single most important thing with watering is the PH, you need to check it and adjust it more than likely. What is the N-P-K of that fertilizer stick you are using? Aluminum foil is not good to use as reflective material because it is not that reflective plus if it is not really smooth it creates hot spots. Is the bulb you are using just a regular light bulb lamp, if so it is not what you want to grow pot. If it is a foot and a half above the plant your plant is going to stretch really bad.

the plant container also has aluminum foil around it to help thicken the stem from a previous thread

I have no idea what that means, sorry.:confused2:

yama102106 said:
i have about a 3 inch in diameter container about 3 inches deep, plastic. i just went outside and grab some topsoil out of the garden. i have a little fert stick on the side of the container. i just have a 100 watt soft white bulb above it insulated with aluminum foil in the lamp. its about a foot and a half above the plant. the plant container also has aluminum foil around it to help thicken the stem from a previous thread. i also have a fan on low to make the leaf's move a little and keep the plant from burning up. i dont know the pH level or anything like that. please help will have photos of sick mary and my new sprout healthy jane. i also use tap water to water it, but i let it sit out for 24 hours to get chemicals out. please help my brothers......

Im not sure what else there is to do wrong.

Way to much for me to answer in this thread.

this is so wrong on so many levels. ! use a cfl of energy saving spiral. remove that 100 watt inc bulb immediately spend three or four dollars at lowes or home depot and get a cfl. Find one with the most lumens. mary will be sick till you at least do that.

It is good to do research before starting something new, but there is also something to say about the adventure of just jumping into something! It makes things a bit more fun, like now there should be a high speed drive to the store to pick up some bigger pots, new unfertilized soil, a high watt CFL light, and all other kinds of craziness then a race back home. It's now a rush against the clock to keep these plants alive, lots of action and suspense this way! I like it!

Haaa, yea I'm :stoned:

I agree with your logic blanco, just wouldn't recommend that tactic with expensive beans or clones. :holysheep:

Latest posts

Back